(Book 2) A Paradise of Dreams Chapter 1

I Will Be Your Star 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Book 2: A Paradise of Dreams

Chapter 1 – New Beginnings with Fear & Excitement

The wood creaked as they ascended the stairs. With a little twist on the door knob, moonbyul pushed the rusty steel door opened. What’s waiting ahead of them is a large empty rooftop. Moonbyul lifted her head and gazed above where the beautiful full moon lies.

For some strange reason, she’s no longer worried. Perhaps, the calm assuring aura of the moon is alleviating her uncertainty. Her worried expression broke into a grin.

She turned her head back and looked at the girls. “Are you guys ready for this?” She noticed how their bodies starts to stiffen as they were now closer to solving the case.

“Officer Moon, thank you for helping us out. We-” Sowon’s voice quivered.

“You can thank me after this ends.” Moonbyul interrupted and cast her eyes upward to the night sky.

The girls nodded in unison, their eyes filled with determination.

Gradually, clouds began to move in and covered the face of the moon. The six of them gathered in a small circle and lie on their backs with their legs flat on the floor. Moonbyul laid beside sowon and reached for her hand. With her fingers intertwined with sowon’s, she muttered as she let her eyes drift close. “Now, let’s go save your friend.”

Time stilled as they slowly sink into the unknown abyss.

 

Six months ago,

After resolving the assault case involving solar, section 01 had undergone a major rearrangement. Many of their officers were scattered to other teams. Both moonbyul and solar were the only two still left in section 01.

Cases on their hands were forcefully transferred to other teams. Also, the head of section 01, L, resigned right after arresting minhyuk. As a result, moonbyul had to take over his duties and lead the team.

Through the parted curtains, dim light shone upon her fatigued face. “Yes sir, we won’t let you down. Once

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter