A Reliable Friend

Snow and Bubble Gum
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook was walking out of his house to go his school and then to take a bus not-far-away from his home. It was his routine every day how to get to his school. He enjoyed get himself alone to school instead of his father send him off. He’s more independent son than ever he thought. His backpack was slung over one shoulder standing at the side of bus stop alone since all girls’ conquered the whole place.  It’s still early in the morning while waiting for the bus to arrive. It usually takes 5-7 minutes to arrive his school by bus. He pulled out his phone and earphone to get rid of another dreary morning.

 

A gentle tap touched his broad shoulder from his back. He turned his back and began to beam as it was Yein who tapped his shoulder. She showed a big grin to him while waved her palms cheerfully. “Good morning Jeon Jungkook!” She moved to his side and standing together with him waiting for the bus. He took off his earphone and rolled his eyes peered at her bright face where it’s still a morning to have a very bright face. But to him, it was great to see her in a bright mood. “Hi, morning.” He frowned at her,

 

“What’s wrong with your brightest face this early morning? Is it because of Yoongi hyung’s offer or you’re having too much fun with them yesterday?” He tried to make a guess and yes, he guessed it right through her happy facial expression. She chuckled coyly as he made a right guess about her (happy) shining face. She didn't want to admit it and denied it immediately.

 

“This is my usually facial. I’m a bright person, you know. Unlike you, with the gloomiest face at the start of day— I guess you just break up with your girlfriend last night, huh?” She snickered at him where Jungkook is starting to judge her so hard.

 

“Excuse me, miss. What the hell are you saying? Break up? What the heck was that thing? It never happened in my life.” His husky voice get deepens. She laughed as she found he is too cute with his reaction.

 

“I’m just kidding! Aigoo…”

 

The bus finally arrived right after waiting for almost five minutes at the bus stop. “Let’s go!” He grabbed her wrist tightly yet gently so that she won’t hurt under his safe grip. Other people started to crowd in front of bus door. “We need to quick or we won’t get any seat.” He added, still holding her wrist safely at his back.

 

Thanks to his fast acts, they get seats together in the bus. “Wow, you’re the expert of bus, I’m impressed.” She praised him once they sat along each other. He raised one of his brows, smirking proudly to her.

 

“Geez, you’re so proud of it, so annoying. I shouldn’t say that to you.” She whines annoyingly while looking outside of the bus window to see the roadside of people walking. He laughed as she whines. He usually not taking seat in a bus but he’s with Yein today and she can’t stand for long time. That’s the reason why he took her wrist and takes the seat quickly.

 

They dropped the stop near to their school. They walked together to their class for first time ever. Some of students are looking at either Yein or Jungkook since they never see Jungkook and Yein be together before. “I heard today will be change our seat in classroom.” He told her to start the conversation on their way to class.

 

Yein crossed her arms around her chest, “Really? Then, I hope I won’t get a seat next to you. I don’t want sit with you.” She shook her head imagine to sit with him.

 

He rolled his eyes widened, “Are you kidding me? You don’t want to sit beside the smartest yet good looking guy like me?” He watched her face carefully and whines as she started to scoff him.

 

“Still, a ‘no’ from me.” She tongued out to his face snickered him for another time. He drew in a breath and then let out it as a sigh to her before catch up her pace again.

 

He wished he talked to her long time ago every time he thinks about it. They can be friends for long time if they ever greeted each other before. They took their own seat and started to do their own things once they arrived to their class. It is just like other morning in their class—still noisy and messy. As it names 'morning', some of them are continue their sleeping by putting their head down on the desk. Who loves morning where they still need some sleep time?

 

“Okay guys, as you know, today I’m going to change your seat based on your grade. I already choose your desk mate so that you guys can help each other in studies. Understand?”

 

Jungkook sighed as his homeroom teacher announced it will be based on grade. As long he knows that Yein’s grade was good and even in top 10 of their class. So, probably they won’t get each other as desk mates.

 

“Jeon Jungkook,” Mr. Lee, his homeroom teacher called out his name woke him up from his deep thinking. He lifted his head up as he heard his name had been by Mr. Lee.

 

“…you’re with Jeong Yein,”

 

Jungkook immediately gets up and search of her figure. His teacher added, “She’s now in clinic room with her couch. You tell her about these changes, okay?” He frowned at his teacher’s face, when was Yein leaving the class? He didn’t even realize about Yein. He must be gone far away deep into his thoughts for past ten minutes ago since Yein leaving the class.

 

 

Jungkook went to clinic room during the break time to see Yein. He heard someone talked inside the clinic room, maybe talked to Yein.

 

“You must undergo a surgery very soon, Yein ah. You must know your own condition, right? Look at your knee. It’s not okay at all!”

 

He sounded like angry to Yein and for that reason; Jungkook is staying away from the room and decided to wait outside the room. He’s not a type of person who eavesdropping other people’s conversation even though he was actually curious about Yein. His index finger tapped on his pants following a rhythm that play in his mind. It’s the rhythm of their song for performance later. He’s good at waiting patiently and filled up himself with something in his head such as songs or melodies that he likes.

 

It was Yein’s couch who comes out from clinic room and met Jungkook’s eyes as he walked away from there. He’s slightly bowed to Yein’s couch as they did an eye contact to each other. He's usually only saw him on the field with other athletes. He took his turn to get into the clinic room as he planned to see her. “Yo, Jeong Yein!” He changed the gloom atmosphere in that whole room where Yein’s face is clearly not fine after meeting her couch. Is he getting into the wronged time?

 

She, however, laughed on his-five-seconds changing face. His face literally smiled brightly to cheer her up at first but suddenly fades out within in five seconds when Yein is not smiling at all past five seconds ago. “You’re so cute Jeon Jungkook. Don’t you know that you got into a wronged time to make an upset girl to smile? I can’t smile right now, you know.” She is still with her cute laugh making him into a confused state.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter