Joy and Sorrow

Snow and Bubble Gum
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She felt empty. He is not here anymore. Every morning, she used to go with him and take a bus together to school. Having a small conversation or deep conversation making her feeling emptier without Jungkook around. Jungkook still didn’t contacted her or even send a message if he was okay or how the situation happening right now. Probably he needs time to adjust the situation there. Well, everything could be new to Jungkook and his family.

 

She waited for her sister to ready to the hospital today. Her knee needs the treatment and also her bandage is finally open today. She could start new life, mostly back to her training if she is allowed to do or based on her condition though. “I’m sorry for late. Let’s go.” Sujeong started her car engine and leaving the house immediately. Yein looked at the outside along the road way to Jungkook’s house. Even the road seems so lonely. The air that contain Jungkook’s aura can’t be detected. To well alerted, he wasn’t here anymore. He is really not here anymore, in Seoul. She felt the real definition of lonely.

 

“Are you okay, Yein ah?” Sujeong sneak a quick look as she realized that something might bother her little sister. Yein rolled her eyes to her sister confusedly. Of course, she was okay, physically, not mentally. Sujeong laughed, “Are you missing Jungkook already?” Yein’s eyes grew wildly over Sujeong’s sudden statement. Sujeong’s question is more to sarcasm, not really sincere. It was a good chance to too. Her reaction will be the real bet of that sarcasm question. 

 

Yes, I’m missing him already.

 

“No, why would I? He will be fine there, I know.” She forced a smile while diverting her sight out the side road. 'Yeah, he will be okay because he is the samrt !' She smiled upon to remind one of her memories with him. Sujeong smirked on Yein’s statement and sighed at the same time. For someone like her little sister that had no experience in love things obviously didn’t know what was going on inside her tiny heart. As objectively, she knows what love is but only through people’s experience or even drama and films.

 

“Why you didn’t give him a call or ask him if everything is okay? Seems like you won’t sit comfortably.” Another advice from Sujeong teased Yein in delight. Yein pouted sulk. She knows Sujeong loves to at this kind of thing. Everyone was probably misunderstood her relationship with Jungkook since they were in opposite gender. A friendship between girl and boy wasn’t exists, that she ever heard before.

 

“He might be busy, packing his things or whatever he needs to do. He needs time to adjust there. It’s the best not to disturb him.” Yein explained well. She concerned about her best friend, but it was a wise decision to let Jungkook makes the first step. She couldn’t guess well if he was free or not. Sujeong just nodded. She drove smoothly to the hospital in silence since Yein wasn’t talking as usual.

 

They waited for the doctor that had been takes care of Yein to come as their appointment told. Sujeong hold her youngest sister’s hand tightly as she could tell that Yein was a bit nervous of the results that she will know shortly from the doctor’s mouth. She was ready for everything but deep inside her small heart, she wants the good things only—“you can run again.” It won’t be easy though but she needs that words that can send her heart into delight. A statement that could give her a brand new starting. 

 

Yein’s heart was beating rapidly as her name was announced by one of the responsible nurses there to come in the doctor’s room. Sujeong followed her sister as well to give support morally. She needs that, more than other people so that she won’t fall anymore for the second time. Dr. Moon flashed a smile to Yein as she finally sees Yein’s face as she tried to give a good atmosphere. She was a bit surprised to see Yein’s upgraded visual than she ever expected for an injured athletes. They could be in messed condition but not Yein. She is getting prettier as she blossomed, Dr. Moon thought. Maybe she's in love with someone.

 

“Have a sit. How are you, Yein ah?” Dr. Moon let her hands rest on her desk while welcoming her and Sujeong. Yein shrugged. She’s not sure either. She can be okay or might not. “I’m good, I guess.” She laughed awkwardly. She doesn’t have time to tell her condition where she doesn’t sure about that. “I guess you can’t wait to know the results. I hope you won’t put high hopes. I know you know that it can put you down.” She grabbed the young lady in front of her that almost same age as her daughter too. Yein nodded. She well informed about that small thing but could destroy her heart though. Hopes and expectations.

 

“Here’s the result.” Dr. Moon took a breath as she opened the file that keeps the result. She pulled out the papers and also her knee x-ray. “Okay, look.” She hesitated. Yein was breathing nervously while trying to read Doctor Moon’s facial expression. She couldn’t read anything that wrote on her face. It was like between yes and no.

 

“Yein ah, the result says you can’t run anymore.” She sighed, couldn’t look directly to her sparkle eyes. “It was badly injured. You can still do like usual; run or walk or jog and anything you need to do using your legs but as athlete, it will be tough for you.” She explained one by one well. As a doctor with 15 years’ experience, she knows the best words to say to every patient she has which some of them could be a painful result and Yein become one of her patient that will strongly face it even though it will be hard.

 

“Be strong!”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter