Final: The Warmth of Love Continues

Snow and Bubble Gum
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yaws, have something to tell you.” Jungkook hung his phone between his ear and his shoulder and begins to stuff his things into his bag since he was actually already late for his college. 

 

“Hey, Mr. Jeon!” Yein laughs, teasing him by his surname. She was too excited to see Jungkook’s name would appear on her screen and call her by this time. She didn’t expect that he would give a call though. He was quite busy lately with his things in college same as she does. 

 

“What was that? You’re getting married? Who’s the unlucky girl?” She tried to guess. Jungkook stopped stuff his thing and fixed his phone onto his hand.

 

“Hello, Miss Jeong Yein, I’m still 21 years old. What does make me want to marry that early? I got long journey to enjoy first before marriage. To tell you, any girls who marry me will be the luckiest girl in the world. Remember that. Not when you rejected me. ” He beamed, trying to imagine her face behind the phone. Probably she was still at her home, he thought. Even by imagining her face, it could bring him into delight. Rather than being awkward like ugly stone, he found way to make her somehow guilt for a bit by mention his first confession that he would call it as failure, totally ruined. Wrong timing, wrong situation, and wrong way.

 

“Yeah, yeah, the luckiest. You’re 21 years old doesn’t mean you can’t marry. What a not-so-opened minded.” She scoffed without minding his tease. He just won’t stop it forever.

 

Three years not being together, in part way, they strongly maintain their friendship. Every delight and sorrow they had shared together in these past three years. Thanks to mostly phone and internet. Every year she and the boys will come to visit Jungkook in Busan and sometimes he gave them a big surprise by coming to Seoul and their studio if he has time. They all slowly build up, and growing into the new person by time passing.

 

“My not-so-opened minded tells that no need to hear that silly girl. She loves to talk unnecessary things.” He slung his bag on his right shoulder, exits his room and going to downstairs. He greets his mother with a small kiss on the cheek while his line still didn’t cut off by Yein. He indirectly mouthed his mother, telling his curious mother about whom he was talking to. His mother somehow understands and smiled gladly that he was still good friend with her.

 

“Whatever, Jeon Jungkook. Okay, what do you want to tell? You said you got something to tell.” On other side, she moves to the kitchen and grabbed a cup of chocolate milk to sip in while listening to Jungkook through call.

 

“Guess what? I tried to apply a course in a university at Seoul and I have been accepted by them!”

 

She immediately put her cup down on the dining table and almost yelled of excitement and shocked. “What?! Why you never told me about this?”

 

“I applied on Seoul University. Your university.” He tells her calmly. He expected this reaction that he would hear from her and he smiled in joy, thanks to her. He raised his brows of proud.

 

“What the heck! Jeon Jungkook, you are really something. You should tell me, at least. I can wish you good luck.”

 

“Sorry, but this is a surprise. So, do you like it, my princess ladybird?”

 

She smirked behind her phone, let out a small chuckle. “Your surprise is no fun. You should tell me earlier but I liked the idea. So, you are going to the same school as me again, prince butterfly?”

 

“Yeah, that’s what I could imagine. Going to school with silly girl named Jeong Yein.”

 

“Stop calling me silly.” She pouted.

 

He laughs. “I’m just kidding. Anyways, talk to you later. I’m late to school! Bye, ladybird!”

 

“Bye. I love you.” Fast and quick.

 

He stopped on the spot of what he doing. “Wait… what?” He frowned hard at the moment she finally said ‘I love you’.

 

“Yes?” She rolled her eyes of confusion in pretended way. She knows he couldn’t see her in real way but it was pretty enough to play blur at the minute she said those difficult words from .

 

She let out a small laugh that probably sounded the ugliest voice of her. She was all messed up for a slight thing. “Bye! Take care, Jungkook!” She quickly ended the call leaving Jungkook dumbfounded. She could hear him muttered his confusion over the phone before disconecting the call and she was sure that he must be wrinkled his whole face by now. She palmed her forehead lightly in miserable. She screamed of embarrassed after what she has done. Yes, she confessed.

 

‘I believe what I heard just now. Take care always!’

 

He laughed while typing the message to be sent to her. How he wants to jump around after what he just heard. Who actually today was the day?

 

Yein threw her innocent phone on the bed carelessly, leaving the teasing message from ‘smart ’ ID. The smile doesn’t fades yet though. A petal of flower is kindly growing inside her heart. It was a wonderful feeling and she felt grateful.

 

“I love you, still I love you.”

 

**

 

She rushed out of her room, picking up her bag quickly on the bed as she finished dressed.

 

“Where are you going, Jeong Yein?” A motherly scream came from the back kitchen, scanned the daughter’s movement at the entrance door, ready to go out with beautifully dressed. The mother craned from the kitchen, knife on the other hand without leaving the place.

 

The younger daughter smiled lightly, doing her part of wearing the sneakers to leave the home. “I’m going to meet the Bangtan babies. I’ll home before dinner, okay?” Yein screamed back in melodious tone, enough to let her mom hear her voice at least.

 

Her mom beamed, shook her head in pleasure of the daughter’s activities. “Send my regards to your Bangtan babies. And, Jeong Yein, remember! Always be careful when you’re going out.” She then waved good bye to the daughter that grownups a lot than she ever thought. She’d glad that her daughter is doing well and impressed on their friendships on the level she met them before.

 

“Okay, mom. Got to go. Love you!” Yein yelled with a curve line on her lip, taking the exit of door in her quick pace. She was excited to meet Bangtan boys. Luckily, it still wasn’t at the evening to her take a bus and go to their studio instead. Their studio is now like her second home, and also her favorite place where she created a lot of memories countlessly with her precious people; Bangtan for almost 4 years.

 

Things had changed a lot by time passing by. They weren’t the same person anymore but in positive way. They became more mature and responsible for every journey they take as they are still growing up into a better person, some days. It didn’t give a chance to them being apart from each other in friendship that they built before. They started to have their own life in which what world has given to them.

 

She runs in excitement of every step making towards the studio in a building nearby a café where she and Jungkook ever spent time there after final exams every day and did some small discussion where he actually gave her a mental breakdown on her wrong answer of some question during the exams. She would put the best memories of them in that café every time she passed the unchanged café and still remains.

 

She pushed the door slowly, peeked her head in first of the door before fully allowed herself enter. She locked from creating a sunshine smile that could appear in any time as she was coming to deliver the good news of Jung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter