☆9☆ Present: Promise to Forget

Promise to a Star
★ December 20, 2013 ★
 
Seuji opens her eyes slowly, rubbing them with her right hand. The sunshine comes through the window, filling the room with the morning light.
 
"Good morning, Seuji," Junhyung greets her with a bright smile. "How's your sleep?"
 
"Mmm," Seuji responds. Her head is aching because of the alcohol she drank last night. "You sound happy today, Oppa."
 
"Of course I am happy today," Junhyung sits next to her and pats her head gently. "Thanks for the hat, Seuji. I really like it."
 
A smile blossoms on her face, knowing that her husband likes her present for him. She hugs Junhyung, "I'm glad you like it, Oppa."
 
"Go shower, okay?" Junhyung kisses her forehead. "Let's have breakfast together after you're ready. Have you taken the leave for today?"
 
"Ah!" Seuji immediately stands up from the bed. "What time is it? Aigoo! I'm late. I'm late!"
 
She rushes to the bathroom, grabbing random clothes from the wardrobe. Seuji doesn't even bother to eat breakfast with Junhyung, telling him that she has an important meeting this afternoon.
 
"I'll see you tonight, Oppa," Seuji says as she wears her high heels. She lands a quick kiss on his cheek, "Saranghae, Junhyung Oppa."
 
"Ne," Junhyung murmurs vividly while Seuji leaves the house, closing the door behind her.
 
His smile disappears slowly. Junhyung lets out a heavy sigh, feeling really guilty because Seuji will continue to live another lie.
 
Within the last two months after he woke up from his coma, he had been thinking about a solution ever since he knew about the fact that his twin brother had been acting as him in front of Seuji.
 
For one year Jaesoon let himself to lose his own identity for Junhyung, living a life of another person.
 
For one year Jaesoon lived with a guilty feeling, blaming himself as someone who almost killed Junhyung. He was even hated by Seuji who denied his existence in her memories.
 
For one year Jaesoon believed that Junhyung would wake up someday so he could return with Seuji again.
 
Now Jaesoon has left Seuji. No one knows where he goes. He refuses to tell anyone including their parents and Junhyung himself about what his plan is.
 
As far as they know, Jaesoon is nowhere to be found but he ensures them that he will be alright wherever he is.
 
Junhyung stares at the picture next to the door, the wedding picture of him and Seuji. He touches his own face in the picture, "Do you deserve this peaceful life, Yong Junhyung?"
 
Meanwhile Seuji is taking the bus to her office, fighting her headache. However she is really happy because today Junhyung looks more cheerful than usual. She can't even remember the last time Junhyung greets her with such a bright smile in the morning.
 
It is the life she has been dreaming. A perfect job for her who loves music, a loving husband, a wonderful marriage. She only needs a child to complete her happiness now.
 
Despite the fact that she feels something is strange from Junhyung ever since they are married, Seuji shoves all the negative thoughts and accepts Junhyung as he is.
 
Once in a while she thinks something is missing from her memories but she can't seem to remember it so she thinks that it's not important.
 
"Good morning," Seuji greets Jiyeon, her friend in her office. "I'm sorry I'm late. Has the meeting started?"
 
"No, not yet," Jiyeon replies. "What's with that pale face? Have fun yesterday with your husband?"
 
Seuji just laughs nervously, "It's his birthday yesterday. I drank too much last night."
 
"Well, do you have fun?" Jiyeon teases me with a big grin. "You're married for one year already!"
 
"Aigoo, Jiyeon ah, let's not talk about that at work!" Seuji replies and tries to divert the conversation. "What are we going to discuss in today's meeting?"
 
"We will held an audition on the Christmas. You're coming, right?" Jiyeon hands over a document to her. "That's the list of the applicants. Junhyung can come, you know; it's open for public."
 
"I'll ask him to come," Seuji checks the list. "He likes to play pian-"
 
She stops when another memory crosses her mind. She remembers that Junhyung is playing guitar for her on her birthday. Didn't Junhyung play a piano on their wedding day?
 
"Seuji ah, Seuji ah!" Jiyeon snaps her back to reality. "Come on. The meeting is going to start."
 
"Ah," Seuji stands up and rubs her temple, thinking that maybe the alcohol effect is still lingering.
 
She has a feeling that she has forgot something really important.