☆1☆ Promise to Keep

Promise to a Star
★ October 5, 2013 ★
 
"Another glass!" Seuji shouts with a big grin on her face. She jumps up and down, making her friends around to giggle because of her cuteness.
 
That's it.
 
I approach her and grab her right arm gently when she is reaching out to take the glass from the bartender, "Seuji. That's enough."
 
"Nooo~" she squeals with childish voice, the one she only uses when she is really drunk. "I just started to drink, Oppa~ Not even tipsy!"
 
"You drank ten glasses already," I take the glass from her and put it on the table. "Time to go home. Come on."
 
"I don't want to go home yet~" she pulls her hand away and puffs her cheeks. "I still want to drink! Drink! Drink!"
 
"Song Seuji," I state her full name. "You're drunk. There is no way I'm letting you to drink another shot."
 
Seuji pouts her lips and pretends to be mad at me, "I don't want you to call me that name. I'm not Song Seuji anymore, right?"
 
I sigh and pat her head, "Let's go home, okay, Yong Seuji?"
 
She smiles brightly like a child who just received a new candy. She hugs my arms happily, "Neee, Oppa~!"
 
I help her walk to the car, sit on the front seat, and wear the seatbelt. I sit behind the steering wheel and drive the car carefully, heading back to our house.
 
"Oppa! Oppa!" she scrolls down the window with wide smile. "The stars are beautiful! Beauuu~ tiful!"
 
"Seuji, it's dangerous," I pull her with one hand with my another one is holding the steering wheel. "We'll see the stars when we arrive at home, okay?"
 
It takes around fifteen minutes for us to arrive at our house from the night club. Without waiting for me, she leaves the car right after I park it and steps to the door.
 
"Why is the door still closed? Open the door~" she knocks the door impatiently. "I want to see the stars with Oppa~"
 
"You're really drunk," I unlock the door for her with my key. She rushes to our bedroom with clumsy steps. "Seuji, be careful!"
 
I lock the door and follow her to the bedroom. She is sitting on the balcony, gazing at the night sky. She doesn't even bother to change her dress first. I guess she is just not sober enough to do that.
 
"It's cold outside," I take off my jacket and put it on her shoulders. "I'll get you water, okay? I don't want you to wake up with headache tomorrow morning."
 
"Oppa," she calls me and I stop immediately to look at her. "I want to pray to the stars. I want to pray so we can stay together forever!"
 
I smile sheepishly and sit next to her, circling my arm around her so she can rest her head on my shoulder, "I'm here. Don't worry. I'm not going anywhere."
 
I her long black hair, inhaling her sweet scent which has mixed with the alcohol. She doesn't say anything and that's how I know she has fallen asleep.
 
"Ah, you will have another headache tomorrow morning," I let out a sigh before picking her up and put her down on the bed. I take my jacket and hang it on the wardrobe before taking off her high heels and place them in the shoe wardrobe.
 
It's just another Saturday night for Seuji. She always goes to a night club every Saturday night with her friends from her workplace, one of the most famous independent record label in South Korea. Even though she just started to work there six months ago, she is really well known in the company now which makes her to attend the small party every Saturday night as her gratitudes to the others.
 
Despite the fact that I am good in drinking, I always avoid the alcohol whenever I'm with Seuji because she can't stop herself whenever she starts to drink.
 
If both of us drink, it will be really dangerous to drive the car when we want to return home. I promise her that I will stop her when she has drank ten glasses because it is her limit.
 
Every Sunday morning she will have headache but she will insist to go out with me whenever it's possible. She said that it's the only day she can spend the whole day with me.
 
After I took a quick shower and changed my clothes, I check Seuji again before I go to sleep.
 
"Junhyung Oppa...," she murmurs in her sleep when I put the blanket on top of her. A smile blossoms on her lips. "Saranghae..."
 
"Good night, Seuji," I kiss her forehead. "Saranghae."
 
I walk to close the door to the balcony. I smile at the stars and mutters, "I still keep the promise. Don't worry."
 
I close the door and let the maroon curtains to cover it. I walk to the sofa right in front of the bed, laying myself comfortably to fall into a deep slumber.
 
Yes, Seuji, I still keep my promise.