☆2☆ Promise to Fulfill

Promise to a Star
★ October 6, 2013 ★
 
I open the curtain to let the sunshine comes through the window. I open the door to the balcony, looking at the morning blue sky.
 
"Uhm...," I hear Seuji mumbles. She is rubbing her temple with her right hand while she tries to sit up. "My head hurts..."
 
"I told you to drink water before sleep last night," I walk pass her and pour the water to her glass. I hand it to her, "Here. Drink it."
 
She takes the glass from me and drinks it all before turns to me, "Are you free tomorrow, Oppa?"
 
"Tomorrow?" I frown, remembering my schedule for tomorrow. "I need to meet someone at noon. Why?"
 
"Oppa! Tomorrow is our first anniversary! Don't tell me you forget about it!" she complaints. She covers her face with both of her hands, "Aigoo... my head..."
 
"Go shower first," I take the glass from her. "I'm going to prepare the breakfast. You need to take some aspirins later."
 
"Hmm...," she sighs heavily. "I'm sorry, Oppa. I was really drunk last night, right?"
 
"Kind of," I help her to stand up from the bed. "I'll be waiting downstairs."
 
After assuring that she has entered the bathroom, I leave the bedroom and head to the kitchen, preparing sandwich for her breakfast.
 
When I walk to put the sandwich on the dining table, my eyes stop on the calendar. I stare at the calendar for seconds, "October 6, eh? Of course I remember."
 
"Oppa?" Seuji has finished showering. She steps down the staircase with the white blouse and mini skirt. "Ah, sandwich!"
 
"Ne, Oppa, let's watch a movie today!" she gives an idea as she sits down. "It's been a while since we watched movie together, right?"
 
"What about your headache?" I grab a sandwich and take a seat next to her. "Are you feeling better now?"
 
She nods slowly, enjoying her sandwich with a smile. After finishing a sandwich, she looks at me as if something is on my face.
 
"Oppa," she rests her chin on her arm, not letting her eyes off of me. "I still don't get it. We're married for almost one year now but why do you still refuse to..."
 
She stops and I see her cheeks are blushing obviously. I know where this conversation is going because it's not the first time she asked this kind of question.
 
"Well, you know. Don't you think it will be good to have a child to complete this house?" she clears nervously. "Just a thought."
 
"We are focusing on our career," I give her my one and only answer. "I think we're not ready yet, Seuji. Let's wait until the right moment, okay?"
 
She gives me an awkward smile as she takes a sip of the hot tea I made for her, "I know. I guess it's just another negative thought in mind."
 
"It's not that I don't love you. You know that," I mutter calmly. "Don't think too much. We don't need to rush everything."
 
I stand up and walk to the wastafel to wash the dishes. Suddenly Seuji says her thought out loud, "You know, I still think that it's supposed to be me. The one who prepares the breakfast. The one who washes the dishes. Wasn't I the one who always did that before we married?"
 
My heart skips a beat because of her question but I answer her as calm as possible, "Things changed, Seuji. It's not unusual for a husband to help his wife, isn't it?"
 
"Well, I guess I'm the luckiest woman in the world to be married to you," she leaves her chair and hugs me from behind, wrapping her arms around my waist. "Saranghae, Junhyung Oppa."
 
I turn off the faucet, feeling that my heart is racing because of her warmth. I pull away from her hug and pat her head, "Where do you want to go tomorrow?"
 
"Eh?" she blinks. "Can you?"
 
"You must go to work too, don't you? We'll go after you finish your work," I answer her with a smile. "I'll arrange my schedule."
 
Happiness is written all over her face because of my simple answer. She tiptoes and hugs me, "Thank you, Oppa! Thank you!"
 
"You haven't told me the answer," I say to her. "Do you want to have dinner or-"
 
"Amusement park!" she cuts my words quickly. "Just like where we went to before our wedding day!"
 
My smile disappears immediately but I quickly force another smile on my face before she notices it, "Well, amusement park will do."
 
"Thank you, Oppa!" this time she stand on her toes and lands a quick kiss on my lips, making me to freeze on my stand. "I like you the best, Junhyung Oppa!"
 
"I need to go to the bookstore before we watch the movie. Is it okay?" I ask while I try to control my heartbeat. "I think we haven't bought the astronomy magazine for this month."
 
"Ah! You're right!" she tilts her head. She giggles, "It's funny. I remember that you didn't have interest on astronomy before we married. I'm glad you like it too now."
 
"Like I said, things change," I ruffle her hair and walk out from the kitchen. "I'm going to check the mails."
 
"I'm going to check my e-mail then," she walks to the staircase. "I will check the movie schedule too."
 
When I reach out my hand to open the door, my eyes stop on the picture which is framed beautifully. Seuji asked me to hang the picture right next to the main door so she can see it everyday before off to work.
 
She looks extremely beautiful with the white wedding gown. Seuji always smiles when she looks at the picture, telling me over and over again that she thinks that I'm the most handsome man with tuxedo.
 
"Don't worry," I touch Seuji's face in the picture with my fingers. "I will fulfill the promise."
 
No matter what will happen.