☆11☆ Present: Promise to Love

Promise to a Star
★ December 25, 2013 ★
 
"Yah, Seuji, you don't look really good," Jiyeon looks at Seuji with worried eyes. "Did you sleep well last night? If you're not feeling well, you better take the leave today."
 
Today Seuji, Jiyeon, and three others will be responsible of the audition for their record label so they can have new artist for their label.
 
The audition has started since yesterday but they take turns to manage the event and Seuji's turn is today. Unfortunately she didn't even sleep last night; she cried her eyes out all night long.
 
No matter how hard Junhyung tried to stop her from crying, he found it useless so he just accompanied her, holding her hand gently as a sign that he would be staying with her.
 
"I'm fine," Seuji replies with a forced smile. She doesn't want to make her friends worry about her. "How many applicants we have for today?"
 
"We have around eighty applicants yesterday. Today we have only fifty eight applicants. As for tomorrow, which we don't need to take care of, there are a hundred applicants," Jiyeon reads the report for her. "Yah, your husband doesn't come along?"
 
Seuji's heart skips a beat because of the simple question.
 
Junhyung tells her that he is going to trace where Jaesoon is. He promised her that he will try his best to find him.
 
"He has something else to do," Seuji answers calmly, taking a random seat in the audition hall. "Let's just focus on the audition."
 
Even though Seuji said that to Jiyeon, her mind is wandering somewhere else during the audition. She can't stop blaming herself from what happened in her life.
 
She was really mad when she found that both Jaesoon and Junhyung lied to her, building a perfect life full of lies. However she realized that they did that for her happiness.
 
The bond between the twins is something unexplainable. One has hurt another yet they keep loving her with all their hearts, sacrificing whatever they have for her happiness.
 
Seuji feels useless. She feels that she is the only one who understands nothing in the life she has been living. Two of most important persons in her life did everything for her and now she is dilemma.
 
She doesn't know what her wants yet but she wants to find Jaesoon. She want to apologize to him, telling him that it's not his fault that the accident happened, letting him know that she has remembered everything.
 
"Seuji ah, it's the last applicant," Jiyeon whispers to Seuji as a man with black hair steps on the podium, taking a seat behind the piano. "He is the only one who didn't fill the form with his real name."
 
Seuji takes a look at the list to read the name of the last applicant who just stepped in.
 
Sirius.
 
"How could he pass to this audition?" Seuji turns to Jiyeon. "He must fill the form with his real identity, right?"
 
"I don't know," Jiyeon shrugs. "Someone recommended him so he has this special pass. Let's just see his talent."
 
The man bows slightly to the judges and his eyes meet Seuji for seconds before he starts to play the piano beautifully.
 
"Here I am
Yeogi, Here I am      
Here I am
Naega yeogie yeogi itnunde
 
Here I am
Jigeum Here I am
Here I am
Jigeum yeogie naega itnunde
 
Nalta jwodo mojara nalpeoryeo tomojara
Naega neol eolmamankkeum sarang hanun jireul
Moreul geoya ama neon
Here I am"
 
Here I am
In this place, Here I am
Here I am
I'm in this place, I am here
 
Here I am
Now here I am
Here I am
Now in this place, I'm here
 
It's not enough for me, I'll show you that
I really love you
You may never know, but
Here I am
 
A tear rolls down on Seuji's cheek as she listens to  the short but beautiful song. She doesn't even bother to wipe her tears because she can't take her eyes off of the man who is playing the piano.
 
He looks up while his fingers are dancing in rhyme on the tunes. His eyes meet with Seuji's as he sings the last part of the song.
 
"Moreul geoya ama neon
Here I am"
 
You may never know, but
Here I am
 
The audiences and judges clap for him before one of the judges starts to talk with his microphone, "Your voice is not perfect yet but I believe you sang from your heart. It sounded like you sang for someone here."
 
"Therefore...," the judge smiles warmly to him, "...you passed the audition, young man."
 
He bows politely to the judges and leaves the audition hall. Without hesitation, Seuji leaves her seat, ignoring Jiyeon who calls her numerous times.
 
She runs to find the man. His face is not familiar so Seuji is sure she never met this person before but something about his voice captivates her heart.
 
Seuji finds the man is talking on a phone near the entrance door. He turns around when he hears Seuji's footsteps.
 
"E-Excuse me...," Seuji bows in ninety degrees. "My name is Yong Seuji. I work here. Is there any chance we've met before, Sir?"
 
"I don't think so," the man answers her calmly. "Do you know me, Miss Yong?"
 
"No, it's... I'm sorry, you remind me of someone," Seuji smiles awkwardly. "He loves to play piano too and your voice reminds me of him."
 
Another tear escapes her eyes and she quickly wipes it away, "I-I'm sorry... Your voice is beautiful. Really. Congratulation for passing the audition."
 
"Thank you," he smiles to Seuji. "I hope I can do better in the future then."
 
When he is going to turn and leave Seuji, she asks another question in her mind, "Can I ask why you used Sirius as your name?"
 
He stops and rubs the back of his neck nervously, "Someone told me that Sirius is the brightest star in the night sky. I hope I can be like that star. Just that simple."
 
Seuji's heart skips a beat. She asks another question to the man, "Did you sing that song to someone special for you?"
 
"Yes," he answers with a calm smile. "Someone I promise to love with all my heart."

With that simple answer, Seuji feels her heart beats faster. The image of Jaesoon fills her mind.

She wants to find Jaesoon. Not only to tell him that she doesn't hate him.

She wants to tell him that she loves him.


☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Author's Note:

"Here I Am" is a song from Secret Garden OST