There is Always a Way

Lucky

JIYONG

Throughout the ride, I am really worried for Dara. I'm observing her expressions and actions.

She blinked slowly.

She swallowed slowly.

She's preventing tears from coming out.

She's staring in the space.

She's shivering. It's my fault, I should agreed to her idea going inside the parlor but what can I do? I just wanted her to let it all out. :(

I suggested, "I'll stop by the near department store to buy clothes Dara. You're shivering and the hospital is airconditioned so it's not good. Wait for me okay?"

She looked at me and replied, "No. I'll just go with you, I don't want to be alone."

I thinked for possible plan B. "Mmmh well then, I'll go with you in the hospital and if your brother is there already, I'll go and buy clothes. Promise I'll be back. Is that fine?"

She nodded and smiled weakly.

 

Upon arriving, "Noona! What happened to you? Soaked in the rain?" I heard her brother asked worriedly.

"I'm fine Thunder. Meet my bestfriend Jiyong, Jiyong meet my brother Thunder. Where's eomma?"

Bestfriend? This girl is really something. Easily trusting a person LIKE me.

"Hello Thunder. I'm Jiyong," I greeted. He seemed hesitant to greet back and whispered to his noona which obviously I can hear.

"Boy bestfriend? Never heard of him noona. You're lying."

"Thunder," Dara called.

"Hello Jiyong. I'm Thunder, Noona mom's room is here," he said.

"I've got to buy clothes Dara. I'll be back," I promised.

"Take care okay? Be sure to be back!" she said.

I nodded and smiled.

 

Upon exiting the hospital, I saw the same old man again. "Ahjussi! Hey, ahjussi, you remember me?" I called.

He looked back at me and made a thumbs up mouthing, "Good job boy. I hope you'll be lucky!"

I tried following him but he got lost again. Just who is that old man?

 

DARA

I'm really thankful for Jiyong is here. I mean we just go to know each other today but he's been very good and gentle.

So lucky to have him.

Back to reality,

"Omma, why did you have severe fatigue? I told you to rest, look at your face," I reprimanded.

"I need to work for Thunder. He's finishing college already Dara and your mother doesn't want to pressure you, look at your love life," she weakly replied.

I looked at Thunder. I guess he told mother about Junsu's treatment to me. That boy.

He raised his hands up pretending to be innocent.

"Stop worrying about me omma. We broke up and I'm starting a new life. Hwaiting!" I cheered.

They just stared at me.

"Ya. Have rest now omma. I'll just be outside okay?"

"Because?" she asked.

"Because of her NEW BOY bestfriend," Thunder said with much emphasi on NEW and BOY.

I looked at him giving him a, "What the hell was that?!"

My mother just smiled and said, "Ahhh. Guess you are starting earlier than I expected."

"Whatever."

 

I'm here waiting outside. I see people passing by.

I just noticed and realized, this place gives you a depressed feeling. REALLY. You see one person looking very weak and is assisted by a family member looking tired but still hoping.

Some children are having this Hwaiting aura to survive at such a critical disease in an early age.

Pregnant woman crying becaus she just knew her pregnancy isn't safe and is very sensitive.

And her husband just hugs her saying, "No matter what happens you'll both be safe."

Just then a man with a familiar voice said, "Sad isn't it?"

 

"Jiyong! What took you so long?" I teased.

"It's not that long it was just like twenty minutes. Here, let's change and sip a coffee." There he goes again.

I just smiled at him. "Hey, what is that smile for?" he asked.

"For everything."

"Cheesy. Ew," he said.

"YAH! I'll go change!"

After ten minutes,

 

"I saw you staring sadly at the people passing by," said Jiyong.

"The scene in the hospital just looks so sad. Sadder than the sad dramas," I said making a sad face.

"Well, that is what they call life."

"Mmm, if I go get sick I hope someone will also be here for me," I wished.

"Why? I am here, your mother and brother."

"I know that. It's just that everytime I get sick mom has work, brother needs to study and ex-boyfriend goes clubbing so I pretend I'm okay even if I'm not," I shared.

"Well then, differentiate me Dara."

I looked at him and mouthed, "Cheesy. Ew!"

He just laughed.

 

After five minutes of staring at the sad scene outside mom's room,

"Dara. . . ," he can't continue.

"Mmm?"

"I have to . . .  go. There's a problem in our house," he said looking away.

"I can go with you, wait I'll tell-"

"No. Just stay here with your mother okay? It's bad to leave her."

"Okay. Bye. We'll meet again?"

"Of course." and he went off.

Unfortunately, I forgot to get his number.

If it's meant to be, it's meant to be.

 

JIYONG

My father just texted me it says,

"Jiyong. Where the hell are you? Aren't you really going to take responsiblity for this? Go home or else. . ."

Or else? Punish me again? Torment me again?

I'm just so tired.

 

"I'm home," I said coldly.

And of course he replied coldly, "Where the hell were you?!"

"Wandering around and finding myself."

"You need to take responsibility for what happened," he ordered.

"I won't," I said opposingly.

He was about to hit me when mom came and said, "Son, please?"

Who can just decline my mom's plead? ME. I will.

"Ma, I just can't marry because of money. Give me a break," I explained.

Father looked at me in disbelief. I continued, "First, forcing me to work in a company I don't even want to. Now, you want me to marry a girl named Yuri? She's beautiful and all but I DO NOT have feelings for her."

There after hours.

"Son," I heard mom.

"You do know the consequence for this Jiyong?" he challengely asked.

"I absolutely know," I strongly replied.

"Honey, give him some time," mom requested.

"If he has a girlfriend to show to me that is more of worth than Yuri, maybe I can give him a chance but I guess he doesn't have," he dealt.

Dara first came into my mind. But she'll get angry if I told her the core of this. I'll take every risk. Oh wait, I don't have her phone number. Ohh, if there's a will and a wheel, then there is always a WAY.

"Who says I don't have? I have and she's even prettier," I said earning shocked expression on their faces.

Hwaiting Jiyong!

 

Chapter 7 is served!

Hohoho!

Please do post comments about this chapter:)

Next chapter is still DARAGON!

Please also spread the love and subscribe!