Cry Right Through the Rain

Lucky

JIYONG

"STOP it will you? For Pete's sake you are 20 something and what do you do here at a public place? Cry like a crazy girl or seven years old child who lost her balloon? Be mature!" I had enough of her crying so I scolded her.

She only then stared at me and stopped crying.

Now what?

I just sounded like a mature man when in fact, I'm not! I should grow up too!

"Ummm, its good that you stop crying already. Thanks for listening to my advice." I said. Then she picked up her heels, got a coin in her pocket and threw it in the wishing fountain. I felt pity for, honestly.

She stared at me without any trace of good or bad expression. Oh come on, just give me one!

 

She walked silently past me. I guess she is going home with down spirit. I felt like it was my responsibility for shouting at her.

Just then an old man tapped me and said, "Even if you don't feel it try following her footsteps. It may be a guide or trap but still who knows? It's better to try than to stare at her. She caught your attention among everyone even if she was crying, am I right? Young man, follow her, lift her spirits up."

He's right. I was just walking to nowhere when I saw her. I was amazed at first sight because she has the courage to cry in front of everyone even if she'll look ugly for that.

"Wh-" The old man disappeared. I did understand the attention part but what about the other words?

Without any hesitance for the second time, I followed her. I secretly am behind her.

After ten minutes we stopped by a place. It was an ice cream parlor. Instead of going in, she squat and covered her eyes.

She spoke, "I know you are following me. It's okay but please don't watch me crying because I know you hate it. Just stay at my back please."

"Do you want to eat ice cream. It's best for people who are crying." 

She just nodded. "Just sit at the bench okay? I'll be back." I said.

 

After ten minutes. . .

"I don't know what flavor you love so I just chose Mango flavored."

"Why Mango?" She asked.

"Uh, because it's a good fruit and because I did not bought much money with me, that is only what I can afford."

She her ice cream and stare at me, "Thank you. Sit too."

 

I started off, "Sorry if I said somethings earlier that weren't good."

"It's okay. Actually you got things right. He is really a big big jerk! He's a poop! He'll regret that he broke up with me!!!!" She suddenly shout.

"Haha. That's the spirit!"

"Are you boys really like that?"

"Like that?"

"Taking advantage of us and then will just leave us when you think you got enough." She bowed down again.

"Some are but I am not. Those kind of boys are born with disabilities."

"Yeah right!"

 

She cried again. AGAIN. A word that implies repetition. How many times should a person do it again? AGAIN. . .

I move closer and rub her back. "Let it out. Just speak and I'll just listen."

"Mmm, I should have listened to my brother when he told me that the guy was just fooling around. So stupid of me!!!" Actually at that sentence, she looked very beautiful rubbing her eyes. I handed her my handkerchief being a gentleman.

Then as if it was the Heaven's plan, it started to rain.

 

"Hey, let's go inside the ice cream parlor. It's starting to rain." She told me.

The first thing that went on my mind was NO. You should cry in the rain so that your tears will be accompanied by it.

"No. Let's stay here, cry and play in the rain." I said and stand making a dance.

"Ehhh? Are you crazy we'll get sick!"

"Not everyone who played under the rain got sick. It's according to statistics. Come on, don't be a kill joy. PLAY WITH ME and I'LL CRY WITH YOU!"

"Okay then!"

 

We started dancing the latest dance craze in Korea. She paused and stood straight. I knew she's crying again.

"I think your eyes will be swollen tomorrow. I don't understand at first why girls really want to cry when their boyfriend leaves them. Now, I do."

"What is that?"

"Because it's better to express it than to keep it to oneself so that true friends or even a stranger like me will be the one to accompany. Isn't that good?"

"Yeah. I want to cry with your words! Pakialamero ka talaga! By the way I am Sandara Park, you can call me Dara."

"Right! I forgot to ask your name. Haha. Kwon Jiyong. Nice to meet you?"

"Very nice to. Bestfriends?"

"Right away? Not friends first?"

"Nah."

"Okay then! But what do pakilamer or pakalimer or whatever is that word means?"

"Just a secret!"

 

DARA

It was nice having Jiyong with me. I mean we just met a while ago in a not so good mood but we jive together instantly.

A boy who is different from others. He isn't like Thunder but I feel comfortable with him. He will be a good bestfriend. I know that.

My phone rang, "Hello Thunder!"

"Noona, eomma got into an accident. We are at the hospital. I'll send the name and address okay?"

Accident. Such a terrible word ever made. I hate that word. That word who caused an ugly part in my life and now, there's one coming.

I cannot speak. I just dropped the phone. Jiyong picked it up for me and said, "Hospital. Come on Dara! There's a taxi! We'll go there. Trust me?"

I just nodded.

Throughout the ride, I pray and pray for my mother's safety. She is so important to me.

"It will be fine." Jiyong said.

I just hug him and cry.

 

Chapter 4 is served!

Hohoho!

So how do you find this chapter?

Sorry for typos and wrong grammars, Mianhe.

Please show love, post comment and subscribe!

Spread the love!

Next chapter is the continuation of Alien couple!

I'm afraid I can update on the weekend.