Not Just a Pretty Face

It's Called Being In Love {DISCONTINUED please look @ "About Me" in profile for further info}

Aaaaaaahhhhh I was hoping to update this story for Jongie's birthday but then my laptop broke on me,  2/3 of my classes decided to make me suffer by making me study for four tests, and I was beta reading my friend's Fairy Tail fanfiction my plan broke along with my neck for studying for too long T^T (and now I'm stuck typing on a tablet until my laptop isn't broken)


Sungjong poked at Myungsoo's cheek in a rather bored manner, then played around with his bangs for a bit. 

"L, why did you grow your bangs out so long? Aren't they annoying?" Sungjong asked. He was about to move Myungsoo's bangs to one side of his head when said boy suddenly moved away. At moments like these,  the innocent boy really did wonder how he can react so fast if he can barely see through his bangs.

"I...!" Myungsoo tried to explain but he ended up stumbling on his words. Really, how was he suppose to explain that he wasn't exactly comfortable with all le skinship the touching and interactions? ...Well, quite easily actually,  he was just too shy and awkward to really speak up.

All he could really say without stumbling on his words was, "My parents haven't had enough time to let me get a haircut..." which was at least partially true, since his parents usually work a good majority of the day. He couldn't help but agree that he needed to at least cut his bangs.

"You should at least have a gap of some sort so you can see clearly, " Sungjong pouted, reaching out to make that gap but Myungsoo yet again avoided him.

"Jeez, I want to at least be able to see your eyes when we're talking! " he crosses his arms and makes a stubborn 'hmph!' sound.

There was a small moment of awkward silence, which was rare between the two, so Myungsoo momentarily panicked,  "A-Are you mad. ..?"

"No, I'm just a tiny bit upset, " Sungjong murmured with a pout, making Myungsoo feel even more guilty.

"I-If I do let Jongie move my bangs... will J-Jongie be happy...?"

Sungjong immediately brightened after his temporary sulking, nodding his head wildly. Myungsoo swore he could see dancing little stars in the younger's big doll-like eyes. He slowly approached him and reached out to post his bangs.

"Wah~! You're really, REALLY handsome~!" Sungjong exclaimed, making all the kids around them still eating their lunch and gather around them. Various gasps and 'wow's were hard around Myungsoo.

Maybe it was the sudden attention, or the compliment from Sungjong, or maybe even all of the above, but all he could focus on was how close their faces were. Now that he could see more clearly, he paid attention to the details on Sungjong's face;  how big and full of life Sungjong's warm brown eyes were, how untainted his skin was, even how his lips are such a soft yet natural pink.

"L? Are you okay? Did you catch a cold?"

Myungsoo blinked. Now that he became more self-conscious, he could feel his face burning really badly.

"N-Nothing!" he quickly squeaked and walked away from the crowd and Sungjong, letting his bangs cover his blushing face.

Maybe he shouldn't get a haircut...


"Ugh, does it take that long to wake him up?" Sunggyu groaned, covering his face in embarrassment as soon as they entered the building and Myungsoo started clinging onto Sungjong again.

"The longer he sleeps, the more clingy he is," Sungjong shrugged, moving Myungsoo's upper body with his shoulders.

There was a splash sound, making everyone by the entrance turn to the stairway. A woman was bowing 90 degreesand muttering a scramble of apologies to a boy, probably a bit older than Myungsoo, with his hair soaked with ice coffee. Maybe it was just the angle of his eyebrows and his bangs casting a shadow over his eyes, but he seemed pretty intimidating.

"What happened?" Sungjong asked curiously.

"That noona is known to be pretty clumsy, so she probably tripped up the stairs and spilled Howon's ice coffee all over him," a person from the room spoke up.

"'Howon'?" Myungsoo asked.

"Oh, you probably know him better as Hoya, one of our most famou- or rather infamous if you ask the staff here yourself-  model here," another spoke up.

"Yah! Don't badmouth about Hoya in front of the newbies here!" Sunggyu scolded, making said newbies more confused.

"Explanation?" Sungjong crossed his arms, seeing how everyone stopped murmuring suspiciously probably due to fearing about losing their jobs.

"You see, Hoya is loved by plenty of girls out there, it's just that- well as you can see here- he gives off a rather cold aura," Sunggyu awkwardly scratched the back of his head, "No one here, and not even myself, have really had a decent conversation with him. Because of that the staff and newbies here get a rather bad impression of Hoya."

"I-I'll go g-get a towel for y-you!" that was the last thing the clumsy noona exclaimed before running off to the other direction and tripping here and there.

Sunggyu sighed, "She's not gonna make it."

Myungsoo internally agreed with that statement before feeling his arms slowly being pulled off from Sungjong. The two saw how he calmly walked over to Hoya and took off his thin jacket.

"Sorry, this is the next best thing I have to a towel," Sungjong shyly smiled before using his jacket to dry up Hoya's hair, surprising everyone and Hoya himself at the sudden action.

Sungjong lifted off his now coffee stained jacket before smiling his familiar sunshine smile, "There!"

Hoya blinked, then muttered, "Thank you..."

 "Oh, by the way, I'm Sungjong. I'll be your new dongsaeng, so please take care of me," Sungjong bowed slightly and it looked like Hoya panicked a bit at the formality.

"Y-You don't need to be so formal...!" Hoya stuttered quietly while raising the maknae back up by his shoulders.

A giggle escaped Sungjong's lips, "I wouldn't have thought that Hoya-hyung is the shy type~."

Hoya covered his ears- which were turning red from embarrassment- and averted his gaze.

"Yah! Lee Sungjong! Hurry up with your flirting over there! You're making your boyfriend over here jealous!" Sunggyu yelled, probably tired from waiting, but Myungsoo noticed something else other than impatience in his tone.

He saw Sungjong glared (a non-intimidating glare) at Sunggyu before bidding a quick farewell to Hoya and running back over to them.

"Let's go grandpa-gyu," Sungjong stuck his tongue out.

"You...!"

Sungjong grabbed Myungsoo's hand,  "Run," Sungjong grinned before dragging Myungsoo are to somewhere in the building with an angry grandpa-gyu chasing after them.

Myungsoo could barely pay attention to Sungjong's laughing and how his heart beated louder and quicker but something gnawed at him. The feeling was familiar as he thought back to Hoya and compared how he interacted with Sungjong to Woohyun.

Oh... that feeling...

He gripped Sungjong's hand a bit more tightly.

But how can that happen if he wants that happiness for himself?