My Fault? Who's Fault?

It's Called Being In Love {DISCONTINUED please look @ "About Me" in profile for further info}

One step, two steps, three steps.

Myungsoo precariously followed Sungjong as they walked through the courtyard, avoiding ways to step on the flowers that fell from the trees belonging to their middle school. He stops at one point in order to pick up his new camera to take a picture of an angle of a tree.

"You're been taking a lot of pictures of landscapes lately..."

He looks away from the camera and sees Sungjong looking behind him at Myungsoo, a curious expression on his face. Myungsoo could only nod, "Yeah, it became a hobby of mine during summer since Woohyun was busy with relatives visiting."

Sungjong pouts, "You could've come looking for me, it's not like I had much to do during summer other than being tortured by my second-cousin and his annoying best friend... gawd that was and probably is going to be the most complicated vacation I'll ever have in my life."

"What, are you jealous~?" Myungsoo teased slightly.

"Of a camera that your mom got you? Yeah right," Sungjong rolls his eyes with a scoff before turning around and continuing his walk.

He could only watch, feeling concerned for how the feminine boy seemed oddly more mature than before, as though he was constantly in a bad mood even after the "complicated vacation" ended. Myungsoo nearly stutters from an old bad habit as he says, "Hey, you know that you can tell me anything."

This causes Sungjong to stop before turning back, "You know... oddly, I feel light even though summer was pretty bad for me, so really, I'm fine."

Even with such an answer, Myungsoo still couldn't quite trust that answer, "We can go to the candy shop after school today if you want."

Carefully, he notices how Sungjong's eyes widen slightly before his face eases into a familiar smile, a faint glow of sunshine reflecting off of his eyes, "That would sound nice."

The look was just satisfying and endearing to Myungsoo, raising his camera that lets out a click as he captures such a nostalgic moment. Once the shutter opens again, Myungsoo sees Sungjong looking surprised.

Slowly, Myungsoo lowers the camera before he smiles a small smile.

"For memories."


Myungsoo was suddenly awake, staring blankly at the white ceiling of his room. He turns slightly in his bed, spotting a familiar camera with slight scratch marks on the sides of it sitting on the nightstand.

And then what happened... he thought, taking in a deep breath but letting it out as a quiet sigh as he pushes himself off of his bed. The door to his room opens and he sees Sungjong standing at the doorway, an expression of surprise on his face, "Oh wow, you're awake only now? I was wondering what was taking you so long."

In an almost drowsy motion, Myungsoo raises his arm up and motions for Sungjong to come over to him, making the younger innocently follow such directions before he grabs him and pulls him down onto his bed. Obviously the feminine boy is confused at suddenly laying on Myungsoo's bed with Myungsoo hugging him from behind.

"Y-Yah! We're gonna be late for school!" Sungjong protested, trying to pry Myungsoo's arms but failing miserably, only resulting in a tighter hold and all he could do was rigidly stay in that position.

"Relax for once," Myungsoo murmurs, only loosening his hold slightly when Sungjong lays less rigidly. He closes his eyes and focuses on the warmth that he hadn't held in such a long time- warmth that he hadn't realized that he missed.

"You're still an idiot for doing that yesterday, you know that right..." Sungjong softly murmurs.

"You're idiot," Myungsoo easily replies back.

"Yeah... sure... that still doesn't excuse you..."

There was a moment of silence that filled the room before Myungsoo speaks up again but with slight hesitance, "You've been really uptight lately... you're only this sarcastic and sassy when you feel threatened..."

He only received silence as an answer. Myungsoo holds Sungjong slightly closer, "Jongie, you can tell me anything, remember that."

"... I feel threatened by time..."

That, however, was not an answer that Myungsoo didn't expect. The more he thought about it, the more he understood what Sungjong meant but still needed to ask anyways, "What do you mean?"

"Is there really a clear definition between children and adults? Physically there is but psychologically... it's so much more complicated. I guess... I feel like I need to start making a decision as to which one I am but it already feels like... I'll forever be a helpless child... I don't know, it's just a gut feeling I guess? It just feels like time is trying to force me out of my world where time never moves on yet it threatens and forces me to answer questions that I don't even know how to answer..."

To say that Myungsoo was shocked is an understatement. He could only respond with, "You're thinking too much," but only receives a scoff from the other, "Yeah? And you think too little."

"Hey I said I was sorry..." Myungsoo couldn't help but pout but was glad that he heard a small giggle come from Sungjong. Something so rare was all the more warming to him.

Myungsoo feels Sungjong gently pull his arms away before sitting up and turning around, looking down at the other who was still laying down on the bed with a small smile, "I get it, don't worry. I know that you're too dorky to do anything on purpose."

Suddenly, he found himself slowly pushing himself up and leaning closer and closer to the point that they shared the same air.

Just a bit closer.

That was when the door slammed open, Woohyun's breathless voice yelling out, "Y-YAH! CLASS ALREADY S-STARTED YOU IDIOTS!"

Sungjong abruptly turns around, "W-Wait- REALLY?!"

"YES REALLY!" Woohyun yells back before slumping to the ground in exhuastion, "Ugh- no way was I about to deal with school w-without you guys! You're lucky that I ran out of class when I d-didn't see you guys this morning b-before they closed the gates...! But now all three of us are g-gonna have to deal with detention tomorrow!" he lets out a sigh as he leans on the door entrance.

"S-Sorry... come on, I'll get you some water..." Sungjong felt guilty, pushing himself off of the bed to go help the exhausted boy.

His room became quiet, foot steps slowly growing more quiet before Myungsoo thought back to what happened before the surprise, slowly raising a hand to his mouth. Questions filled his head.

What was that feeling?

Why did that happen?

What was going to happen if nothing interrupted them?