Page 2

One Punch! (งಠ_ಠ)ง

tumblr_nim2b0C8fD1u6jvm7o1_500.jpg

Ch. 2 - January, 19th

 

The day were awful. I guess I could've done better dealing with that prick again. Jaewon I mean. That bastard just stole my lunch today. Exactly what happened was: 

I was in the classroom, listening to the blabber of the teacher. I had this weird feeling about Janey looking at me from behind, but I rather ignored it or I would get myself embarrassed again. However, Janey wasn't my attraction point at the moment. It was Natty, the foreign classmate of mine. She was so cute and super smart and cool. She had an older sister in the 12th grade, which made her popular at the school. I was admiring her flawlessness when Vernon nudged me in the elbow. I blinked many times before regaining my sight, focusing on Vernon.

"Dude, did you watch the new episodes of the Alien show?" he asks and his braces show between his lips.

"No, I haven't seen them. Are they cool as the previous?"

"Cooller, man, cooller!" Vernon's excitement didn't surprise me. It was our favorite show since we wore nappies and out thumbs. It was the most exciting show we could watch, because our moms' were too strict on the content of programs we watch in our free time. "I'll come over some day and we'll watch all of the episodes!" I remember when we dressed as the main characters of the show on a Halloween event in school and it was the first time I got to scare Jaewon. The best day of my life.

"Marathon?" I stretch out my hand and Vernon without hesitation smacks our hands together.

"Marathon" he choked a laugh and quickly turned his head back to look at the teacher, who was about to turn around...

On the break, Vernon got lost in the crowded hallways of the school. I walked out of the class, casually as I usually did when I was left alone. My eyes couldn't believe, I mean my mind couldn't believe what my eyes saw. Jaewon was sitting alone on the fence dividing the school hall from the glass garden in the middle. I had the urge to mock him and tease, him, but it would mean that I'm just as much of a loser as he is. I turned around, turning my back at him and leaned against a slope, looking on the both sides of the hall. There was no sign of Vernon, or anyone who would be so dumb to talk to me. I sighed and knew what was going to happen. I turned around and saw Jaewon looking at me. What he wants again? He waves his finger at me to come closer and the dumb I am I obey him. 

"What do you want Jaewon?" I ask with irony in my voice, trying to be more annoying than him.

"Wow there, I wanted to say hi" he said and that charming smile flashes at me, blinding me for a second. I roll my eyes at him.

"Like I believe you," he laughs at me and looks the other way, away from me. "Really, what do you want?"

"Let's just say," he stands up, pulling his hands out of his pockets, grinning at me cheekily, "that I need some entertainment." He leaned closer to my face, making me almost crack my lower back. He was staring into my eyes intensely and smirking cheekily. What was he up to? I noticed some action at his hand area as he lifted it up, bringing it closer to me. I gulp hard, trying to not be so nervous. He puts his hand on my shoulder and let out a chuckle. "I believe you'll entertain all my needs" he whispers.

I jumped away pushing him away by the chest, making him stumble a little, but laugh hard. I felt my heart pounce in anger, my mind wanting to choke him right away. However he startled me even more when he wiggled my Star Vars wallet in the air.

"Hey give it back!" I yelled at him, overcoming my confusion and anger building in me. He just looked at the wallet and back at me smiling.

"Finders, keepers" he said and waved at me rudely and walking away towards his class.

I was so shocked, I didn't know what to say. Should I report him to the principal? Or call the police?


Now I told my mom who got really mad about it, promising to go talk to the principal about the little rascal bullying her only son. How flattering... She was home today, God knows why, and getting ready for some outing. She was dressed nicely, black tight dress and a handmade pink suitcoat. She was parfumed and her hair was styled in an elegant bun. She wore eyeliner and some lipstick. She looked not normal like this... but I have to admit she was beautiful.

"Where are you going?" grandma asked, poking her head out of the kitchen door, looking mom up and down with a disapproving glare.

"I have a date, mother. Do you remember the man who drove me home from the late night show?" grandma nodded. "With him" mom in her lower lip lightly, not to mess up her lipstick. She looked at me and take a hold of my shoulders. "Samuel, mommy will be out late, don't wait for me too long ok?" she reminded me and I saw grandma's mischievous smile plastered on her face.

She left in few minutes, leaving me with grandma in the kitchen, eating dinner. We were only exchanging weird stares which meant that none of us is satisfied with mom's date night. Grandma sipped on her herbal tee and looked at me with her lips pulled downwards. I slurped the black sauce noodles in in one go and with my filled cheeks squinted my eyes. 

"Disappointed?" I started with my mouth full. She nodded once and looked out the window, before looking at me from the corner of her eye.

"Scared?" she asked. I nodded and swallowed my food. "Good" she stated and shifted in her pillow on the floor and took another sip from her tea. "She's your mother, you should be scared. What if the man is some ?"

"Grandma, stop it. Who would want to mom? She doesn't have money and she is no model either" I said, not really meaning to sound rude, but yeah. That's my relationship with my mother.

"You're probably right" grandma said, making me go wide eyed from surprise. She looked in my bowl and told me to eat up. She stood up and left the kitchen, filling the empty living room with her old body as she flopped down on the couch, feet upon the coffee table and hands folded on her stomach. I looked at my phone and saw the time. It was the time for the dramas she loves to watch so much. I continued to eat my food alone, checking my phone time to time to see if mom haven't called or something.

I didn't know how fast the time passed and I didn't realize how could I fall asleep on the tiny dining table we had. I was still holding onto the chpsticks and drooling over the table cloth my mom made. I heard the door close and footsteps. I was sure it was mom, because I heard her heels click on the solid floor, but there was one more pair of dull steps. I raised my head and quickly looked out onto the hall through the opened door. Mom was giggling happily before she finally noticed me.

"Samuel, what are you doing up?" she asked, rushed over to me bare foot. I looked at her a bit confused as she helped me get up. She saw the huge drool spot on the table cloth and looked at me with her eyebrows furrowed. "Did you fall asleep here?"

"Is everything ok?" a man's voice came from the hall. I tried to look pass mom's body, but she forcefully made herself the center of my attention. 

"Who's that?" I asked and pointed my finger, making mom stammer in thoughts. The man suddenly appeared behind mom and smiled at me with a friendly grin. He pushed himself between me and mom, extending his hand towards me. I looked at it and up at him.

"I'm Jung Il Woo, you're mom's colleague. I'm an actor" he said proudly, but something was fishy about him. He looked very familiar to me. 

"How do you do" I said in English and looked at my mom, waiting some explanation real quick, right now to be honest. She looked at the man and asked him to wait for her here in the kitchen. She put her arms around me and saw me to my room, sitting beside me on the bed. I looked at her, great confusion noticeable on my face as I didn't even want to hide it. 

"Samuel, I like this man very much" she started. "He means a lot to me, just as you do. I'm happy right now, since your father passed away I finally find my new happiness" she continued making me squint my eyes as I was trying to figure out the situation. "We were going out for few months now and today, Mr. Jung asked me to marry him."

"What?"

"Please don't be angry with me, Samuel... I really need you to be happy for me and allow me to be happy. Can you do that?" she asked. Now that's what I call playing on the emotions. I stayed silent. "Can you?" she repeated, leaning closer to see my face and reassure herself of my expression. I guess she got the message when I was practically staring at her with the most angry face I could pull on. She sighed and looked at her lap. she patted my thigh and forced a smile. "It's your decision of not approving, sweetheart and I understand. But I will still marry him" it was her final word, I could feel the tone and she slowly stood up, placing a simple peck on the top of my head. 

"What's the point?" I startled her. "What's the point of asking me this if you still will do what you want? Next time, don't even come to talk to me. Do as you want!"

I was really upset and I said things I didn't mean the way I said them. I was crying for the whole night, cleaning my thoughts about all this marriage and new father stuff, while wearing aunts pajamas of London monuments. I didn't want a new father, I want my real father. Especially not a total stranger! And I don't want to leave grandma's and grandpa's house. I want to live here! I don't want a new last name, I'm happy to be Kim Samuel. I don't want mom to be sad, but what about me? My opinion doesn't count anymore? What a family!

 

hpHqIwmZeq8.jpg

January, 20th

 

 

 

 

Mom sent this man to pick me up from school, thinking it might be a good bonding time and to get to know each other. I was standing in front of the front gates right next to the road with Vernon. I told him everything, which lead for his never ending pity for my poor self. He was very supportive, but he was also silly about the whole thing. He made up scenarios, that maybe I would move to a huge villa with a pool and own space rocket.

"Don't be ridiculous, Vernon" I stopped him right away, rolling my eyes.

"What? It could happen" he said and we already saw his mother's car approaching. He gave me our goodbye handshake as his mother stopped in front of us.

"Hello Samuel-ah" she greeted waving her fingers at me.

"Good afternoon, miss Choi" I greeted back forcing a polite smile.

"Don't you want a ride home?" she asked as Vernon sit on the passengers seat.

"No, thank you. Mom's boyfriend should be coming for me today" she awed and just said her farewell and both left. I let out a sigh of difficulty, waiting impatiently for the weird guy. I saw a shiny white Land Rover car approaching, but I quickly looked away, believing it couldn't be that old prick. When the car stopped in front of me, I looked up to look at the passengers seat. I couldn't believe my eyes...

Jaewon? 


 

Hello! ^^

I got obsessed with Samuel since his Seventeen trainee days... I decided to write a bromance fic about 1Punch because why not

And I hope there are more fans of them than just me ^^

I hope you will enjoy, subscribe and comment if you enjoyed