Page 10

One Punch! (งಠ_ಠ)ง

tumblr_njn7f5YhxT1tdi3p4o1_250.gif

Ch.10

 

"What are you listening to?" Mr. Jung asked me after he entered the kitchen where I was sitting, eating my cereal and bobbing my head to the song I was listening to through my headphones. I barely could hear him.

"Dark panda... you probably don't know this kind of music" I insisted looking up at him as he made himself a cup of coffee.

"I honestly don't know... What kind of music it is?"

"Rap... and R'n'b" I said and nodded by thinking. "It's a mix. Zico's and Paloalto's rap is so powerful, that Hyorin's even more powerful singing is just ic" I didn't even realize what I have just said. My own eyes widened and looked at Mr. Jung in horror. Now what he will think.

He turned around with a surprised smile on his face as he sipped his hot coffee. He sat down across from me and put his cup down. God, please don't let him give me the talk now, I'm not ready to hear that from a stranger guy. Not yet, I'm not prepared to accept him as my father still...

"Where did you get such a word from?" he chuckled.

"I... I don't know, I heard many people use it in this context" I tried to find my way out of this dangerously shard maze.

"Do you even know what it means?" I gulped.

Jaewon entered the kitchen, only wearing sweatpants and a terribly messed up nest instead of his hair. He was skinny, he didn't have like rock hard abs, but a little tummy. He had a little pubic line reaching from his pants to his belly button and I don't know how, but I suddenly wanted to have one too. But what was much more surprising was that the many dread-locks he head on his head were missing. He had his hair messy, short and straight. What was he about? But that wasn't the point. The whole topic about the word '' was now clear to me. Yes, I know what the word meant. The exact same thing I was hearing at night from Jaewon's room.

"Jaewon, why didn't you tell us that your girlfriend is staying for night?" Mr. Jung started with the most gentle voice he could pull off even if he was pissed. 

"Does it matter? She didn't sleep in your bed" he said ignorantly and took the whole plastic bag of bread and pulled out a trail. He packed it full with butter, jam and two bottles of water. He held it up in one hand while the other gripped on the bag of bread. 

"Jae- wait! Where are you locks-"

"Eat your cereal" he glared at me. Very unpleasantly. His eyebrows covering his dark eyes and his nostrils were wide, like he was about to breath fire. I even sulked down in my chair and if I had animal ears, I would probably pull them down to cover my face. Why was he like this all of a sudden? Again?

"Jung Jaewon, how dare you talk to you brother like this?" Mr. Jung sprung out of his chair, palms smacking the solid surface of the table. 

"Save it, dad" he said shortly and disappeared up the staircase.

"Jaewon! Jaewon!" Mr. Jung wouldn't let go this time. He walked around the table and up the stairs again. That won't end up well...

 

As I guessed. Jaewon got slapped across the face and scolded really badly. He left the house with Momo right after the fight and they haven't even eaten anything. I felt bad. Not as if it was my fault, but maybe it was. I went to school alone, deep in thoughts about what have had just happened. I was biting the insides of my cheeks and thinking. My mom better not know about this or she will be upset again. And if that happens, Jaewon is so very dead!

Vernon was leaning against the fence of the school and Jinny was standing in front of him. He had his hands wrapped around her waist and they looked pretty intimate if that is what you wonder, Dear Diary. Friends my ! Jinny was having her arms securely wrapped around Vernon's arms and they possibly didn't register me passing them with the same strange expression I had while Chan was on the stage yesterday. Mention the devil. Chan was standing at his locker with this new best friend, I suppose, that Hoshi guy. I rolled up my upper lip in a displeased expression and walked pass them without even giving them any more attention. Why were they all giving me the cold shoulder? Did I do anything wrong?   Unfortunately, even the yesterday's new faces now were glowing to me brightly in the crowd. Jeonghan, Woozi and Seungkwan were sitting at the staircase, which lead up on the first floor, talking about something and laughing. Jisoo was strolling alone in from the second entrance and smiling at the people passing him, even if they just gave him the same cold shoulder as to me. Was I becoming like him? A totally weird loner? Jun, on the other hand, was sitting on the benches at the cafeteria, surrounded with Jaewon's squad. Seungcheol, Wonwoo, Mingyu and Suzy as well. After breaking up with Jaewon, she didn't even look sad or anything. She was totally okay and she even hung out with them. Then there was Natty. She was as usually in her group of girls with Suzy and the rest of the mean girls. I now wonder how could I had a crush on her. She looks so mean and stuck up while she is with them. Looking at you the way that you know she is untouchable.

"Watch where you're going!" a loud high pitch scream echoed through the whole hall. Everything suddenly stopped and quieted down. Everyone's attention was on the tomboyish girl and the other long haired one, who was holding her head. Someone was knocked over, lying on the ground. Of course, it was Jisoo. His bag sprawled opened on the ground, his expression in horror. He quickly stood up just to bow down and apologize many times. "You punk!" the tomboy girl spoke through gritted teeth and almost gave Joshua a punch in the face. 

"Stop, Jungyeon," the other girls stated, "he didn't do it on purpose" she said and clung to the tomboy's arm. The nicer girl bowed and apologized as well, surprising Jisoo a lot. The two girls left, arguing about the thing the nicer, shorter girl did. I squinted my eyes as a huge rumble erupted again in the hall.

I rushed up to Jisoo, considering it my duty to help him. However I wasn't the only one. Jeonghan and Seungcheol came in running just as I did. All eyes on us, of course.

"Jisoo!" Jeonghan exclaimed and slid next to Jisoo, brushing his own hair behind his ear and holding Jisoo's shoulder. "Are you alright?"

"What happened?" Seungcheol came from the other side and first looked at Jeonghan then at Jisoo. It looked strange to be honest, but what the hell did Seungcheol came for? "Are you alright, Joshi?" JOSHI?!

"I'm okay, you guys" he said and dusted himself off, not giving them any looks, just bending over to pick up his bag and then he spotted me. "Hi, Sammie" he said and a sudden grin appeared on his face.

"What happened, are you alright?" I asked, finally having the opportunity not to be invisible. I felt like it for the whole morning. I pushed pass  Jeonghan, actually surprising them all, making Seungcheol glare down at me a little.

"I'm okay, don't worry about me, little one" he smiled sweetly. That would probably melt every girls' heart. And it seemed that it worked on Jeonghan the same. He suddenly went quiet and blank. He was just staring at Jisoo, while Seungcheol were looking at Jeonghan with hopeless expressions. Is this some kind of a love square or something? "I've got classes... See you later guys, Sammie" he said and lightly ruffled my hair as he passed us by. However he gave me the last glance with a friendly smile. I nodded my head and looked at the three guys towering above me. I let out a deep sigh and shook my head, walking away from them. 

"Jaewon!" he appeared in front of my face out of the blue. He was not with his girlfriend. He was... not with Momo. He was holding hands with this girl from my class. Her name was Tzuyu and she was freaking taller than the half of my class. He glared at me and without further words walked pass me, towards Seungcheol. "You won't even talk to me?" nothing. "Jaewon!"

"What the do you want?" he spat at me as he turned around, almost jerking Tzuyu with himself all the way. She yelped.

"I just-"

"You just what? Don't act like a little brother around me! You're not my freaking brother! I would appreciate you walking out of my life just as you walked in!" he yelled, for everyone to hear. The whole school must've heard it. Nicely done, butthole!

"Hey, don't yell at him!" Jeonghan stepped in, grabbing Jaewon by the shoulder and turning him to look at him instead of me. Jeonghan suddenly had more manliness in his face than a man ever had.

"Get your hands of me! What are you? Girl or a boy?" Jaewon barked, his arms opened wide and his attitude and temper rising. This didn't look good.

"Don't you dare talk to him like that!" Wow. Seungcheol shouted at Jaewon, who undeniably was taken aback. "He hasn't done anything to you, One, nor has your brother! They are not the reason of your life being so ed up as it is!"

"How dare you?! You call yourself a friend?!"

"I tried to help you! Everyone tried, but you're so ing stuck up and ignorant that you can't even see the people's effort! You just use us so you can beat your anger out!"

"S.Coups you-" Seungcheol didn't let him finish.

"I'm done talking, Jaewon. And you should bite on your tongue sometimes too" he said, grabbed Jeonghan's wrist and the two walked away. The whole school gathered up around us. Jun with his arms folded on his chest, eyes following the pair leaving, but he was still facing Jaewon. Wonwoo and Mingyu were already standiing by his side, all three of them wearing the same obnoxious facial expression. This sure isn't going to end up well for Jaewon. Suzy was also there with Natty, both snuggled up together looking at Jaewon with a shocked expressions.

Tzuyu pulled her hand out of Jaewon's grip with a painful whine. She gripped on the hand he was holding and hold it close to her chest. Her face also changed. The glare that was offered to him, was nothing less displeased as the one Jaewon's friends had. 

"You're a freaking jerk! How can you be like this? Apologize! To your brother and to your friends" she said, her chin lifting every time she finished a sentence. She was really something. It's not everyday you see someone ordering Jaewon around. 

"What?" He looked at her, his shoulders jerked up as he was cracking his bones, ready to fight. "What did you just say?"

"You're deaf?" she rolled eyes with a mocking sigh. "I'm not going to repeat myself. You know what you're supposed to do" she spun around and walked away sassily. She really knew how to handle this jerk. I was watching with my jaw dropped. Jaewon was just looking after her as she was walking away fiercely. He sure wasn't satisfied with this result, but why was he with her anyway? Didn't he just introduce Momo as his girlfriend?

 

The principal came to dismiss the whole show on the ground floor. He was curious what was happening, but no one dared to say a single word. Everyone rather sneaked into their classroom's not even peeping.

I kept looking over my shoulder to see Jaewon, but the only thing I saw was him standing still on the same spot, his forehead rubbed by his fingers in frustration. What was going on?

Vernon kept asking me what happened. Jinny also kept bugging me. Chan still haven't spoken to me at all. Tzuyu was sitting at thee front row and her head was buried in deep thoughts. She really looked gloomy. She was pouting and not paying attention to the class at all. She was totally mentally somewhere else. I wonder if she was so disappointed in Jaewon or was there something else to it? I don't have the guts to ask her...

Miss Choi walked into the class during our English class. She came with a folder in her hands and a very strict expression. She stood up beside Miss Jung and they both shared a moment of glaring at each other. What is going on with everyone today?

"Students, I was told that this class has some talented folks. I have few names written down, but I first want to as you generally" she paused for a second to look around the class. "You probably all know about the schools musical play for the younger age groups like the elementary and below. This play is a love story, where the actors and actresses sing and dance. Is here anyone who wants to participate in this musical?" she finished. A long expected silence followed. "No one?" she asked one last time. I looked around the class, but I guess not only I was curious if anyone was that stupid. Everyone was sharing glances, except Chan. He was looking at his desk with his shoulders dropped. He was embarrassed. "Alright then... I will read out these names," she waved her folder, "and you will stand up one by one." The sound of her clearing echoed through the silence. "Choi Vernon," he stood up. "Jung Chanwoo," he stood up as well with a surprised expression. "Lee Dongmin, Yoo Sanha and Moon Bin" she finished and put her folder down after she was done reading. She looked around the class, examining each student that was standing at their desk, looking at one another puzzled. "I await each of you to be present after school in the auditorium," she said and Vernon was about the protest just as half of the boys. "Each of you" she put emphasis on the first word and drummed her fingers on the folder and left with a fabulous turn. 

Vernon suddenly seemed more interested in talking to me than Jinny, just because he suddenly had a problem he wanted to avoid. After all, being in a school play for elementary kids was a pretty shameful. Especially for someone with such a big name and handsome face as Vernon had. He couldn't let his name get any stains. Not that I was any of a help, but I promised to tag along, as a moral support. 

This place is awful. I have never been in the school's auditorium until now. It reminds me of an old cinema, that was just about to be demolished and never built up again. The boys are sitting at the first line, only I and Vernon are sitting at the very back. His leg is unstoppable. It keeps shaking and moving, his hands rubbing his thighs.

"Are you really that nervous?" I ask and look over at him, my writing stops.

"Wouldn't you be too? Damn, even Chan is so ignorant in a moment like this. When I need support the most" Vernon complained. 

"Why? Are you scared you will mess up?" I asked and leaned my elbow on the arm rest. "Or is there that you don't want anyone to know what can you do?"

"I... I can't exactly sing, I'm good at spelling and fast talk, tongue twisters and making poems. But singing... that's not my strength" he said and made me suddenly raise my eyebrows. I looked over at him and he had been already biting his lip nervously. 

"You write poetry?" I asked with a somehow unknown undertone. He shook his head and the door opened. Miss Choi walked in, closing the door behind herself with a bang. Everyone stood up instantly and bowed to her direction. 

"I'm glad to see all of you here" she smiled under her breath and walked down the wide stairs and upright to the stage. The guys from the theater were already gathered on the stage, lined up. It seemed like they were standing from the youngest to the eldest. Chan on the left standing awkwardly, twiddled with his fingers. He didn't even dare to look at us. "Please everyone gather up on the stage," miss Choi said and looked through some script in her hands. 

"Wish me luck bro," Vernon exclaimed in a silent English and walked pass me to get to the narrow corridor between the seats. 

 

I fell asleep for a short second as it was so boring. The whole auditioning or whatever was pretty pointless. Everyone got accepted, as well as Vernon. He surprised me, us, everyone that he could rap. He was actually pretty cool with the beat and stuff. Josh was playing the piano as a background sound and Vernon's rapping changed the whole mood into this nujabes style of music. It was hip-hop, but it was actually pretty cool.

As soon as the whole group was accepted and the after school drama club was dismissed, the door of the auditorium opened again. Whole Jaewon's squad entered the room, Seungcheol, Wonwoo, Mingyu, Suzy and Jaewon on the very front, walked in and separated paths. Jaewon walked to me, the three boys walked up on the stage and Suzy followed them, because she was also a part of the drama club. I didn't pay much attention to the happenings on the stage, when I finally realized that Jaewon just came to sit beside me. Perhaps I shouldn't be looking so anticipating as I was, but I couldn't help it.

He flopped down beside me, feet up on the seat at the front and arms crossing over his chest. There was no sign of anger or anything like that anymore on his face. Suddenly he looked like he looked yesterday. Like a real brother. He looked over at me with his line like smile and raised his eyebrows questioningly.

"What are you doing here?" I asked out of pure curiosity. 

"The same as you I suppose" he replied shortly with a smile. "Look, I'm not here to chitchat. I want to tell you to not take those things personally. I just... have my reasons to push you away."

"Right... and those reasons must be huge, because you're humiliating me, bullying me, confusing me and actually hurting not only me, but many more other people."

"I know, you don't have to rub it in my face" he said with a sigh and finally turned his face away from looking at me.

"It's a fact, Jaewon. I'd rather accept that thing right now than you will hear it from a person you care for" I replied and shrugged my shoulders, not expecting any response. However, he turned his head around, gave me a glare and shook his head a little. It felt like he was trying to argue against my statement, like he had something to prove me wrong, but he kept quiet. A little too quiet. "What was that with Tzuyu in the morning?" I asked. 

"She's... she's Momo's friend" he said shortly with a little sigh, his expression had softened and his gaze lowered. "The whole... Momo's group of friends, they... They made me their boyfriend."

"What?!" that didn't make any sense. How could it? Jaewon a boyfriend of two or more girls at the same time? What is that? "How?"

"I made a huge mistake once, but that doesn't matter now. It started with Momo... I owe her a lot-"

"Money?"

"No" he shook his head. 

"Drugs?"

"No!" he gave me a stern look.

"Then what?"

"Can you let me finish?" he barked. I looked down and motioned him to continue. "As I was saying, I owe her a lot and I can't repay her in any possible way. Because of that she made me break up with Suzy, made me a fake boyfriend for herself."

"That's disgusting and insane" I commented, my eyebrows furrowed.

"Yeah," he nodded with a sigh. "I got too deep into this " he said and looked at me from under his bangs. It was strange to get used to his normal, straight hair without the locks. He looked... more handsome I would say.

"Do you... Do you mean all those thing you do with Momo?" I asked innocently, obviously pointing out that I heard them. He looked at me with shock widened eyes. 

"N-No! Not at all... Momo has some privilege... She is the boss you know..." he replied and closed his eyes to not look so shocked. "I have to be an , to you, to my friends, because I'm frustrated and I don't know where to release all that tension" he said with a heavy sigh.

"But what about Tzuyu?"

"She is Momo's friend. Momo is from another school and Tzuyu is the one who has to keep an eye out for her here. She is like a little spy. I can't talk to girls, I can't hang out with girls and I can't do what I want" he replied shortly with a pitiful smile, shrugging his shoulders lightly.

"Are you not allowed to talk to me as well?" I asked. He looked up at me and smiled. It was a rare smile. Unfortunately, it didn't last long. He reached over and ruffled my hair, grinning stupidly. "Yah!"

"Don't yah me, brat!" he laughed lightly and kept ruffling my hair. I swatted his hand away and reached over to ruffle his hair, being it easier now that he has such soft hair. "You're my brother after all, you mean no harm to Momo and her sick love interests." He sounded too sure about this. It sent shivers down my spine, because he seemed like he knew exactly, that whatever he does, I cannot be suspected. It felt like I was going to do his dirty work from now on.

 

 

 

tumblr_ntmmctrhOz1sia1lco1_540.gif

 

 

 

 

 

 

I felt somehow different around Jaewon. He was being nice to me and we actually walked home together. He had his arm wrapped around my shoulders all the time and he was talking to me like I was his all time best friend. Mom and Mr. Jung were pretty surprised as they saw us like that.

Mom had been sewing before we arrived home. She had her fingers bandaged and was only reading a book. And Mr. Jung was doing some paper work on his notebook. 

Jaewon pushed me inside the hall, laughing with a huge dorky grin on his face. He kicked his shoes off and stepped on the back of my heel, making me trip and actually take off my shoes as well.

"Hell Jaewon!" I cursed as I hit the solid wooden floor with my knees. I realized quickly what I have just said and looked up covering my mouth. Both mom and Mr. Jung were staring at me, horror in their faces.

"Now, wow, wow, wow, Samuel" Jaewon's laugh even graduated and helped me get up. "I have no idea who taught him that" he spoke between huffs of laugh and took me all the way to the stairs, ignoring our parents' horrified expressions.

As soon as I heard him open the door of his room, I got chills running down my spine. What was he going to do?


 A/N: so finally updated ^^ it took me a while, I was sick, I had depression for a long time and today I forced myself to finish this xD thank ya'll for reading, subscribing, upvoting and commenting on this story, I really love comments tho <3 Thank you very much once again