Page 15 - Hotel in Hawaii

One Punch! (งಠ_ಠ)ง

K2015112000017-450.jpgA/N: Auntie Boyoung!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'm broken in every aspect of my body. My neck is sprained, I can't feel my legs and I think my is numb. 

The flight was fine and smooth after all, but I wasn't prepared to be this damaged. Physically and also mentally. Jaewon and Suzy wouldn't stop secretly going to the halls where I couldn't spy on them and do whatever they pleased. Nuh-uh, that's not how we play. She's just a guest, not a family member, what concerns me even more.

Mr. Jung rented out some cars so we wouldn't have to wait for the bus or taxis. Sure, we had the car for ourselves, me, Jaewon, mom and Mr. Jung. As expected, Jaewon didn't speak a word and just stared out of the window for the whole road to the hotel. 

The hotel was practically a one huge mansion with all these different apartments located all over the neighborhood. The apartments looked more like houses for rent, because the hotel looked like a rich district. It was impressive how it fit on an island, but it was possibly more private and all. We could drive inside through a huge, fancy gate, which provided the same services as a reception. What surprised me more, was that people actually lived there, in the hotel. It had to be expensive!

"Okay, boys, we live in that one there," mom pointed out of the window. God gracious it was a big house! My jaw dropped at the sight and I could see Jaewon's slight excitement in the small smirk he had with his eyebrows raised.

"Only four people fit in the house?" I asked, making my mom turn around to face me. 

"Of course not silly, it's just we have the right to have our family outing counted in, don't we?" she spoke, her smile grew bigger as she looked between me and Jaewon.

"Sure," my gaze dropped. It means that Jaewon will be spending days at Suzy's apartment, that's for sure. 

The whole area had this Hawaiian background music playing. It made me hum a little and looking at my mom at the front seat, she giving a terrible effort into dancing a hula dance.

 

"Which bed do you want?" Jaewon's voice came disembodied as I still couldn't process the fact that our room was the size of our living room at home. To king sized beds close to one another under two large windows. It was sun-lit and everything looked so bright and summer-ish. I could live here if I had the money.

"Samuel?"

"Yeah?" I looked up from the beds at Jaewon, who was looking at me questioningly.

"Which bed?" he asked again, his voice lower but roughed at the same time. Nice, this will be a terrible idea of living in the same room for three whole days. Actually, it won't be that bad, because I probably won't even see him for three whole days.

"Either is good," I spoke, swallowing a small lump in my throat that made it hard for me to speak.

"God," he rolled his eyes and threw hs trunk on the left bed. "I figured, smartass," he groaned and gave me a pretty annoyed look. I sighed, can he at least once be nice to me.

I walked over to the free bed and sat on it, the trunk of my belongings put at the feet of the bed. 

"It's bouncy," I said as I felt the bed jiggle once I hopped on it. Jaewon gave me suspicious look, probably having those evil thoughts bout me, like why am I so stupid and childish. If he wasn't a stuck up jerk, he would do the same as I. "Try it," I told him, a smile crept on my face to mock him. He frowned at me.

"No thanks," he rejected and turned away from me.

"Come on, Jaewon, don't be a party pooper," I whined, not realizing how annoying it must have sound. I jumped over to the other bed, Jaewon's bed to be more accurate and started bouncing on it. "Hop on, cowboy!" He finally looked at me over his shoulder and what happened next was not what I expected. He grabbed my ankle and yanked it, making me fall on my back, thankfully on the bed.

"I said, no thanks," he spoke through gritted teeth and turned away again. 

"I don't get you sometimes, you know," I said, crawling my way over to him. "One day you're all unicorns and rainbows and the next day you look like I have murdered your kitten. Are you a schizophrenic or something? Maybe you should see a doctor."

"Well, it is still my own business, so stop before I snap your spine," he spoke emotionless, like he wasn't even talking about murdering me. "It's not worth it trust me," he looked at me, his glance almost lifeless. 

"I still prefer the rainbow and sunshine Jaewon," feeling my lips purse into a pout, I leaned my head against his nape. For my surprise, he didn't push me away, nor flinched away. He actually leaned back a little, against me. 

"It's still none of your business," he spoke, making his whole body vibrate from the depth of his voice. 

"Can we at least act like brothers?" I blabbered, too late to slap myself out of it. "You know, I remember you said we won't ever be brothers and I get it. I understand, but for out parents' sake," I said and wrapped my arms around his stomach, while spread my legs by either side of his, clinging to him from behind like a baby monkey. 

"Aren't we doing that already? I'm holding myself back when we're around our parents," he spoke, making my chest tighten from the confession. So that's why he is not talking to me at all, because he wants our parents to think we are friends and in peace. Maybe if he would talk, I would annoy him so much that he would threaten me again and they wouldn't be happy about it. "By the way, you should probably change the way you're talking to Suzy," he added. This again...

"Why?"

"She hasn't done anything to you and you're treating her like she murdered your cat," he spoke and tried to look over his shoulder, but I was facing quite the different direction. "Plus she feels horrible already for the airplane incident, when it was clearly your fault."

"My fault? I wasn't the one who got jealous because his girlfriend paid more attention to his brother," the matter-of-fact voice made it clear that I was winning this round. He scoffed and turned his face back forth and sighed heavily. 

"Fine, it was our fault," he corrected. "It doesn't change the fact that you're treating her like that."

"Why is it so important to you?" 

"Because I freaking like her, Samuel, are you stupid? She's the only person I like now that I can't like the one I want," the last sentence sounded pretty gloomy coming from him. Who was the one he wanted? I doubt it was Momo, maybe Tzuyu! God it doesn't make any sense anyway...

Mom came interrupting our little moment, asking us to come to the back yard to have a practice of the wedding. I wasn't happy to leave the topic, because it would be awkward to ask him again once it will be forgotten. 

 

Oh my god, my aunt came with her husband as well. She was having a bump on her stomach, no she was pregnant actually. She was older than mom and she actually still could have a baby? Nice. And my little cousin, Leo. Right, now I can already see who is going to babysit him. Applause for Samuel the babysitter!

"My nephew!" aunt Boyoung exclaimed with more excitement than her actual expression showed. "Nephews!" she corrected herself seeing Jaewon stand next to me. I heard him snarl at the nickname, knowing he disliked being called anything he is not. "You grew so much Samuel," she spoke as grabbed my shoulders, having me almost on the same level now.

"Auntie, you last saw me when I was a baby," I spoke embarrassed, not only because of the fact that I was a baby back then, but also because she was being embarrassing. 

"And who is this young man?" Boyoung stood in front of Jaewon, who was strictly standing at attention, without any facial expression whatsoever.

"Jaewon, Jung," he said slowly and his eyes didn't meet Boyoung's, but their hands connected in a simple handshake.

"You're such a handsome man, Jaewon!" Boyoung beamed, her voice changing few octaves and now she seemed like a teenage girl. I widened my eyes and quickly looked at Jaewon, who gave me just the same shocked expression. What has just happened? Aunt Boyoung has always been this bossy-busy-body lady, that would never show any smile or excitement and now she is giggling over Jaewon? "I can't believe you're a part of our family now! Oh my God, you're going to be the visual of this family!" she was cheering on and on. 

I was dumbfounded and confused, but when I saw Jaewon, I knew exactly how he felt about this. Just the same as I did. 

Great, aunt Boyoung, just give him credit for looking good and he will be your heels in no time...

"What's going on here?" the oh so annoying girly voice came in disturbing the little meet-and-greet with our new star! Suzy stood in the door way, a frozen smile on her face as if she's been struck by something. She looked between Jaewon and Boyoung, who was holding his hand from shaking it before. 

Jealous Suzy on scene in three... two... one!

"Who's that Jaewon?" she stood, her arms crossed on her chest and her foot tapping nervously. Suddenly, this situation seemed to be hilarious...


 

A/N: Short update after such a long time... I need inspiration! I don't have any darn it!