Page 6

One Punch! (งಠ_ಠ)ง

CPZcoIhUsAAqppf.jpg

Ch. 6 - 

 

It was lunch time and me with Vernon were once again the last ones to come in the cafeteria. Thanks God we had our own lunch with us, because we wouldn't be able to eat at all. There were only last things to buy and it was really NOT worth our money. We tried to find a free table to sit at, but as usually there were only few spots at already filled tables. We hated that both. Because there were places where we couldn't sit. Like, the cheerleaders, they wouldn't let us. The girls from our class wouldn't let us. The boys from our class are grouped up at different tables and maybe we could search for Dino in the crowd. And for my small eyes I could see that there was an empty space in the middle of the room, where were supposed to be more tables with chairs. No, not anymore. Jaewon's bully group already occupied every as the huge crowd of seniors and cool boys and girls were gathered at connected tables and were having fun, being loud for the whole cafeteria to hear. 

"Seems like they never grow up" Vernon spoke with his lips pursed out as he was holding onto his Alien lunch box. 

"Seems like it" I agreed with him holding up the same Alien lunch box. We were huge fans so what?! Don't judge!

"Did you hear the rumor, that One has slept with Suzy on the weekend?" two girls walked by and they were chit-chatting about the rumors. It was like electricity running through my body as I heard that sentence. I was kind of not prepared for that to hear. Vernon looked after them and mocked. 

"Small minds discuss people" he said and looked side ways at me. "Are you ok?" he asked probably seeing my worked up expression. 

I was heating up and suddenly felt like betrayed. I helped him get her at some point, but it didn't feel like he was grateful or anything. He was even more selfish and that just got me weak at the knees.

"Why did I have to hear that?" I complained slightly dazed in shock. We went to sit down at two free seats at the edge of a table. We put our lunch boxes down and pulled our chopsticks out. I didn't look around with whom did we sit down so I didn't mind anything actually.

"Do you think it's true?" Vernon asked and looked up at me as he opened his lunch box. I shrugged my shoulders not really wanting to discuss such a thing.

"Wow look at those puppies... Isn't it cute to be in love at such a young age?" we heard some boyish voice speak up, but as we thought it didn't concern us, we didn't look up or anything. Until it carried on. "They already have couple merch! How cute~" he spoke and that was when I looked up curiously to see who it was actually, hoping it wouldn't be Jinny with some other guy. 

Unfortunately, it was us they were looking at and us they were talking about. Vernon was looking at them with a glare and I was just having a expressionless face, trying to figure out what was their problems. But my eyes were caught up to two so similar eyes. Jaewon's. He was hugging Suzy to his chest and she was uncontrollably giggling at their friends making fun of us. 

"What's your problem?" Vernon spoke up dangerously, trying to clam down his own supposed to be friends, that seemed to lose interest in him lately. It was Seungcheol talking about us, making fun of us. He had that dorky smile on his face as he was coolly leaning against the table with his elbows and laughing with the others. 

"Nothing, dear Vernon... It's cute to see two lovers in such a young age" he carried on and wiped the corners of his mouth and looked over at us, his eyes flaming with being so piercing at the moment. 

"Are you sick or something?" Vernon was comfortable with them and was not scared of them. They hung out together a lot, but I have noticed that it changed slightly in the last days.

"Mind your own business will you?" I spoke up as well to my and Vernon's defense. It was so immature from them, while they knew we have had nothing to do with each other in that way. They started laughing as I spoke up and pissed me off. My eyebrows furrowed as I glared at them and especially at Jaewon who was looking right at me. "You should probably shut the hell up and leave others alone!"

"Woah, now... One, tell your little brother to take a chill pill, he is going to explode" said Mingyu in a chuckle and looked over at Jaewon who was busy with Suzy staring up at his face. He sighed and tore his eyes from her.

"Samuel, you should stop-"

"Why should I? Who are you to tell me what to do?!" I stood up swiftly, cutting him midsentence. I knocked over the chair I was sitting on and actually made him widen his eyes. He told me the same few days ago and I was sure it worked the way I planned. I wanted to piss him off so much as he pissed me off.

"Calm down" Vernon whispered but none of that got into my ear nor brain. All of Jaewon's friends were staring at me in shock and I really could imagine why. 

"I'm your hyung and you're going to do what I-"

"You're not my anything! You're just a jerk, an ungrateful and disrespectful ! You deserve nothing from what I did for you and nor my mom's affection" I burst out in anger and my heart felt like it's going to explode just as my head was feeling like throbbing.

"Shut up!" he stood up as well and he looked like he forgot that Suzy was snuggled up to her chest, because he just knocked her head and pulled on her hair unintentionally. "Don't talk to me in that manner!"

"Why?! What are you? A God?!" I barked and put my chopsticks down, afraid that I might hurt someone. "I will talk to you how I want to! You're nothing more than me, whatsoever, you're less than me. Just a stupid bully that doesn't appreciate anyone except for a girl that doesn't even like him!" I pointed out pretty harshly, but I felt it was right. "And by the way, be aware of getting STDs, !"

"That's enough!"


I can only remember how Jaewon stormed away from Suzy and grabbed me by the collar and pulled me away, out of the cafeteria. He was pretty harsh and rude at the same time, not looking at me, not telling me a single word. I was protesting and struggling to wiggle myself free, but his grip was too tight. I could see how his palms turned white and his fingers too from the blood pressure.
 
He threw me into one of the boys boys bathroom and with a growl sent everyone out. They yelped and left immediately. He pushed me against the solid surface of the toilet stall and grabbed me under the collar, pulling me up. I had to stand on tiptoes not to choke and it was actually hard because my feet were weak and I was scared. Is he going to beat me up or something. 
 
"You really crossed the line, Samuel" he spoke through gritted teeth, almost spitting on my face. "How dare you say such things?! You are nothing compared to me" his eyes were flaming. It was like looking straight into the hell. He was furious and angry, but this is not what I expected him to do. I was hoping he would try to beat me up in front of everyone and he would be punished by the teachers or at least he would be seen in a worse way than he already was.
 
"You should've keep your friends on the leash, Jaewon" I tried to choke out my words as my face was glaring up at Jaewon uncontrollably. I was bursting out in anger every time I looked at his face. 
 
"You should've keep your mouth shut and just ignore it" he replied with his head tilting slightly to give me the attitude.
 
"Really? That's what is it all about? That I shouldn't mind their bullying only yours? Or what the hell is going on" I spat and almost got it into his eye if he would turn his head sideways to try and relax his temper. "You're the one who is all selfish about everything! Shouldn't we be like a family?"
 
He pulled me forward and pushed me against the metal wall of the stall harder and my eyes almost stayed flashed with black as my head hit the surface. I was dizzy.
 
"Family? What kind of a family is it when a strange woman is walking into your life asking you to call her mother?! You both are just intruding my life!"
 
"No one asked you to like their decision! They love each other and want to be with each other, no one cares for your dumb and immature opinion because you just can't accept life as it is! You should finally realize that this isn't about you, it's about them and they are having a hard time, just because of your sorry jerk !" I yelled, trying to recover from the dizziness that was now overwhelming my head and eyes. What was going on?
 
"How dare you?!" he raged even more, smoke coming from above his head as he turned bright red from the nerve he was getting. "No one asked you to come and steal my family away! You're the good cutie pie that everyone loves and is so smart and respectful, right?! You are nothing, you know nothing about life and you don't know how it feels when you're unwelcome and unwanted everywhere go!"
 
"What? What are you talking about? No one feels or says that about you, Jaewon! You're the leader of the biggest group in the school" I pointed out again, correcting his stupid brain.
 
" them all! They are just two faced es that needed to look cooler and now they think they rule the school!" he raged and let go of my collar and I fell back on my feet, heels and toes on the solid floor. He turned around and hit the wall with his fist from anger exploding. I was feeling kind of weird. Like I was exhausted or something and that was when my knees gave in and all I could see is the falling image of the walls and Jaewon's back in front of me.
 
"Jae" it left my lips as my eyes went to see only black and I couldn't remember what happened later on. 

B-xz4JJUUAINdXp.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

I woke up few minutes later and I realized I forgot to write that I fainted. I fainted and was taken to hospital. I don't know how did I get there or how everything happened, I only knew that my mom was hovering over me and Mr. Jung was holding her by the hand. Jaewon was at the corner of the room, his arms folded and eyes fixed on me. The doctor was instructing to my mom and Mr. Jung to take pain killers every time my head hurts and that I should rest for few days and especially not do quick or fast movements. Mom went to sign some papers, Mr. Jung went to the vending machine to get himself a coffee and I was left alone with Jaewon. I noticed his hand was wrapped in band aid and I tried to recall what happened, but instead I got a stinging pain in my head.

"Hey" I said as I sat up lightly, my arm stuck to the infusion and I was wearing my gym class clothes.

"Hi" Jaewon replied and dropped his arms from his chest before he walked over and sat down on the chair next to the bed, where my mom sat before.

"How's your hand?" I asked, trying to avoid anything that might bring out those things I remembered.

"Pretty bad, but better than your head" he chuckled, the first time sincerely. He looked at me and started feeling up my head lightly. "You have a strong head for sure" he smiled and leaned his elbows on the edge of the bed.

"What happened?" I asked.

"You fainted..." short reply.

"I figured smart-pants" I rolled my eyes and painfully squeezed them shut as I felt the pain through from my head to my eyes. He quickly reached up and took a hold of my temples and started massaging them. His expression was priceless. Like a puppy that was blamed for something but tried to make up for it. "You don't have to be nice to me, because I'm in pain" I said trying to go back to his stuck up egoistic state as he was in before. 

"Shut up" he said his expression changing just a little bit, eyes shooting me a deadly message. "You fainted because you hit your head."

"I hit my head?" I chuckled lightly my eyes rolling up into moon shaped lines.

"I hit your head..." he corrected himself and over his lips and pulled his hands from my temples. "After you fainted I felt bad so I brought you here. I also needed a treat for my hand, because I punched the wall pretty hard" he said but something proud sounded in the back of his voice. I snickered lightly and sat up more. "Listen, I'm sorry... I was angry at you because... because of many reasons" he tried to explain himself.

"Don't mention it... I paid for my fault for pissing you off and you... did too" I pointed at his hand and he drummed his fingers one by one on the bed. 

"Yeah, I guess... But I made you a lying patient" he said and looked up at me.

"Shut up, I still can walk" I laughed and lightly raised my knee to kick his elbow. "You don't make a sicko out of me, I still can kick your " I said and he nodded having the thin smile on his lips. 

Mom and Mr. Jung arrived and they saw us talking to each other. Jaewon wanted to stand up from the chair, tried to act like he didn't do anything nice, but it was too late. Mr. Jung smiled and walked over to him and pat him on the shoulder as Jaewon left to stand at the side again. I couldn't miss my mom smiling at him and telling him a thank you. I looked at Jaewon and waited for his reaction and he bowed his head gratefully. Wow... that was unexpected. His eyes glanced at me afterwards and smiled lightly. He was eyesmiling at me for the first time. Can really a bad fight and an injury bring us together?

 

B-xw4hqUsAAxttR.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

I was already at home in the evening, the doctor sent me home. He said I should rest like I wrote before. For my luck no one really wanted to do anything active that day. Mom was having work to do with sewing and Mr. Jung was busy doing some paper work in his study room. I can't say I wasn't happy that everyone was calm and the atmosphere felt so light and family like, but I was still bored. I kind of wished I had a sibling- wait. I have a brother now, don't I?

I crawled out of my bed dressed in my striped pjs from my aunt and my slippers and sneaked out of the room so no one would hear me. I looked around and no danger was around. I tiptoed over to Jaewon's room, few family pictures and paintings of nature passed me as they were hung on the walls. I read again the One's room and the keep out sign and rolled my eyes. How incredibly stupid I was? It hurt me like hell every time I did it. I opened the door and sneaked inside. I saw Jaewon on his chair at the desk and listening to some music through his head phones and scrolling down on his Facebook page on his laptop. 

I walked over and hung myself over his shoulders, making him jump in shock. He immediatelly took off his headphones and looked at me.

", Samuel... You scared the crap out of me" he said and grabbed his chest to calm his breath and beating heart. 

"Sorry, I was getting bored" I confessed and lightly pouted and looked over at the laptop screen. "What are you doing?"

"Chatting... and searching what's new" he said and turned his head back, not minding me at all looking over his shoulder and even putting my weight at him. "I don't know what to play with you.... You can't watch TV so video games are out" he said and opened Suzy's chat box replying to hearts and kissing faces with wink face and hearts.

"You don't talk too much... with Suzy?" I asked in a small voice and looked up to his face, but I could only see his strong jaw and perfect cheekbone.

"No, not really- it has nothing to do with you" he suddenly changed his attitued and turned around in his chair and made me stand back up straight. "You should be in bed, like right now" he said and with that he grabbed me around the waist and picked me over his shoulder as he stood up. 

"JAEWON!!! PUT ME DOWN! JUNG JAEWON!" I yelled and shrieked, but there were hints of laughter and actually happiness in my voice. Jaewon wouldn't put me down just bounce with me and walk around laughing himself. Mom and Mr. Jung came up rushing up the stairs to see what was happening but they just stopped in the amazing sight of two sons playing around.

"Excuse me, sir and miss, I gotta put the prisoner back into the bed-jail" Jaewon said as he walked pass our parents and aimed right towards my room. It was nice to hear him joke around even with his father and my mom. It was nice to finally see him properly act like a family. Mr. Jung and my mom hugged and watched us with proud smiles and I tried to get out of Jaewon's grip. 

The struggle of being a bag of potatoes...