Page 13

One Punch! (งಠ_ಠ)ง

a1a36348ae948f21289fddee84eb902fde762f96

Ch.13

 

The alarm was not set in the morning. How strange...

I woke up to an uncomfortable feeling of a wet spot pressed against my right cheek. I tried opening my eyes, but the sun was up and bright. I squinted them just to meet Jaewon's peaceful sleeping face. He looked so peaceful and actually quite handsome. Based on that, I could imagine him being a nice person to everyone and all the time. His hair was a mess, his full lips were closed and he was silently breathing through his nose. He had his left arm under my head and his hand was carelessly lying on the empty space by the wall. I tried to move first, feeling the wetness spread over my cheek completely and when I looked down, after having myself propped up on my elbows, I saw a wet spot on Jaewon's Dynamic Duo shirt. Right on his chest where my head was. I wiped my cheek and realized that the trail was coming all the way from the corner of my mouth.

"!" that was the moment of realization. I just drooled all over Jaewon in my sleep. I covered my mouth and hoped he won't notice it.

He started squirming. My inner scardy cat started to wish and pray that he wouldn't wake up just yet, that I had some time for escape. However, it was too late.

He cracked his eyes open, staring right up at me.

"Morning," he moaned softly, stretching his arms above his head and cracking his back at the process. "You're quite heavy while sleeping, you know that?" he complained, but a sleepy smile pulled on his lips. He retrieved his arms from above his head and his left came to rest around waist.

"I-I'm not heavy at all, what are you talking about?" I snapped and got out of his hold. This is not going good at all. "I'm gonna wash up!" I jumped up on the bed and ran away into the bathroom, my heart was racing terribly.

 

 

 

02efb55a179c754e0be0b891b2ee1114983fd96e

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mom announced the date of the wedding. It was supposed to be on the weekend. She said that Mr. Jung already planned it all and that he had booked us a flight to Hawaii. For the four of us, my grandparents, my aunt, Jaewon's grandparents and some family friends. We are all staying in a hotel by the beach and it was already arranged, that I will share a hotel room with Jaewon. How nice!

I was all grumpy for the whole day, nobody really talked to me. Vernon and Chan were all in their crew of artsy kids, Vernon, of course, standing out with his unique urban style. I was just skeptically raising an eyebrow in their direction. I haven't even notice the distance between Vernon and Jinny. She was quite far away and also sitting alone. She was scribbling something in a colorful notebook. Did they have a fight or something. 

"Hey Jinny," I walked up to her, after I had clumsily stood up from my desk. She almost panicked and jolted, closing her notebook in a swift hand movement. "Did I... interrupt you?"

"Nah, it's fine. I was just... noting something," she nodded with a cover up smile. She quickly put away her notebook and the topic flew away in a second. "What's up?"

"That's what I wanted to ask. What's with you and Vernon?" 

"You noticed," she smiled sadly. "Well, it's obvious, isn't it? He broke up with me."

"He did?" I turned my head in disbelief. "Why?"

"He said that he wants to focus on his drama club, that once the whole performance is over, he will be free again."

"The performance is planned for the end of the school year, are you kidding me?" my jaw almost dropped. That was insane. Was he going to act like a stuck up noob for months straight? "I should kick his !"

"That won't help, Sammy" she smiled and reached up to hold my hand. "At least we can hang out, right?"

"Sure," I agreed with a nod. "We've never stopped being friends." We shared a small smiling moment, connecting our eyes and she was still weakly holding my hand.

"Class settle down," the teacher's voice took over in the class and instinctively we pulled out hands apart. It scared me for a second, because her expression looked a bit more dreamy than I would expect. I gulped and rushed to my seat, burying my face in my palms. What was her point? Why is it so hot in here? Although her hand was so soft and her touch was so gentle, smooth as if she was using hand cream every second of her life, I couldn't help but want to replace that feeling with something rougher. Something more bony and tough, like Jaewon's hand.

My heart, at this point, was already bursting...


 

A/N: Hawaii trip in 3...2...1