Page 4

One Punch! (งಠ_ಠ)ง

CPZcoIhUsAAqppf.jpg

Ch. 3 - 

 

The day started by me going to school along with Jaewon. He was kind of too nice in the morning. He didn't speak much. Yeah, that's the way he acts nice towards me, that he doesn't talk. He was dissapointed, because his friends were all going to the beach because why not. He wore his red square shirt around his waist, his uniform was baggy and unmade. He had those huge panda bags around his eyes and his lids were falling over his eyes. His hair was a mess and it almost made me pity him.

"What happened to you, man?" I asked with my hands in my pockets while watching his poor state. He sighed and almost ignored my question. He didn't pay me any attention nor a look he just said:

"Girls, bro, girls" he replied and with that I slightly felt like he was opening up to me or something. I was expecting a dodge answer or something that would beat around the bush to answer my question or something, but no, he went for it. "Girls are practically demons. Monsters that steal your heart and leave scars all around your soul" he continued.

"Only if you let them" I replied shrugging my shoulders. I don't want to brag, but I was a ladies man!

"Don't act like you know what are love problems about ok? You know nothing, Sam" he finally gave me the most bored look he ever gave me. Maybe he was right, but in this state, he was out of his mind. He was talking to ME about HIS love problems.

"Who is it?" the question rolled off my tongue.

"Who is who?" he looked at me, eyes narrowed and eyebrows raised.

"That girl! Do I know her?"

"Pche" he scoffed a sarcastic laugh and rolled his head around, cracking his neck. "I barely understand why you asked me this, but yeah, you might know her... Suzy?"

My breath almost jumped out went to pay hide and seek with my lungs. Suzy? The pretties and the most popular girl at school? He must be freaking kidding me that he is dating.

"She won't even notice me"

-wait, what? So he is kidding me... Hahaha that loser could not actually date such a hot chick, talks an early teen aged boy...

"She keeps on ignoring me and ignoring my messages towards her. I give her signs and she just.... ignores them" he complained on and on, almost crying out his eyes, but why do I even care.


Causually I would meet up with Vernon in front of the school and we would talk about our actual favourites, but not today. Jaewon was following me around for the whole morning. Vernon was actually being more and more aware that the boy has lost his mind or he was possesed by a demon.

Jaewon would not say a word, he would just sulk and walk behind the two of us. He would avoid his friends and even girls. That made me think what was going on with him all of a sudden. Even when pretty girls would walk by giggling and commented on him with a positive feedback he would just sigh and what was even more unexpected, he wrapped his arms around me and Vernon, hanging over us, supporting himself.

"Boys, life " Jaewon mumbled and sighed even harsher.

"Maybe you should stop psychically disturb your younger brother" I said and pushed his arm from my shoulder and looked up at him, a frown forming on my forehead. Maybe it was meant to happen this way, but I wasn't expecting my bully to start to closen up to me this way, especially when our parents are going to get married soon. He seemed like he understood that there was something out of order because he pulled back, arms leaving me and Vernon and his face tightened into a bitter look.

"Fine" he replied shortly and pushed his way in between us, glomping my shoulder and making it throb later on. It really did hurt but... What was his problem anyway? "Just don't regeret this later, brat!"

"What was that?" Vernon asked breaking the painful silence with only Jaewon's words echoing through the hall, catching attention of everyone, turning to him and back to us.

"If I knew..."


"Samuel-ah!" I heard my name being called in a kind of a high pitched tone, that reffered it wasn't going to be Vernon. It was my gym class and I was sure that I didn't walk into the girls' changing room. I looked around, over my shoulder just to see a girl running after me. I focused my eyes for a zoom-in just to realize it was Jinny, the one year older chick who came from somewhere in America. She was a head taller than me a half size thinner than me and a dozen times prettier than me (what) . She was in my class because of her unability to speak fluent Korean, but it was alright, because we comunicate in English. 

"Hi Jinny" I greeted her and saw her grin at me from afar, before she stopped in front of me.

"Are you in a hurry? Could you help me with the gym class equipment? The teacher asked me to take the balls into the storage, but the whole basket is havier than you and I together" she said, actually having a point, because neither I and Vernon couldn't drag thatdarn thing into the storage without struggles.

"Sure I'll help you" some nice time for a pretty boy and a pretty girl, hehehehe~


Jenny? What was she doing here? But... where is here actually? Am I in a japanese garden or something? Why are flowers in my class?
"Samuel~" she spoke up in front of me, her smile brighter than ever as I could remember from the past happening, but she sounded hoarse or like she was having a sore throat. "Sammie~" she continued, her lips parting as she spoke and made my stomach growl. Those are those butterflies everyone talks about when they are in love?
"Jinny! I... I wanted to tell you that I really like you and I'm happy we are here alone so I can tell you this... Jinny, I really really like you!" I spat out. Why did I do this? Samuel you're getting yourself embarrassed and really really deep into some trouble. You can't just confess to a girl you find attractive but you don't even talk to her!
"Samuel~" this sounded more like a rough whisper. I stopped smiling and looked at her curiously as she suddenly seemed to be only a step away. Why was she whispering though?
"Is that all you can tell me?" I insisted and looked at her, my eyebrows furrowing in disappointment, but I could feel her put her hands on my shoulders and the height difference suddenly disappeared when she leaned closer and our lips almost touched and-
 
"Are my classes that boring, Samuel?!" Ms. Kang yelled, her temper raising from my sudden nap. Her face was bright red as a tomato and I noticed Vernon with a painful face and his face language telling me that he tried to wake me up. 
"I'm sorry miss Kang" I appologized and quickly turned my head down regretfully, but not before I noticed Jinny's face smiling amusedly towards me and her eyes watching me closely. My heart beat faster.

"I tried to warn you man! What were you dreaming about?" Vernon started questioning me, my temporary drifted off and tired self.

"About love victory" I mumbled, drool running down from the corner of my mouth as I was staring at the empty blackboard in the empty class. 

"Yeah Casanova, but we have no time to waste. You were talking about this girl since the morning... Mind telling me what happened in the storage?" Shirt hell no! Sorry about the cuss word. I cannot tell Vernon what happened, he can't know about it.

Dear dairy, if you ever get into Choi Vernon's hands, please, self-destruct yourself, thank you.

I can't tell him that as we took the basket full of basketballs and football balls into the storage room, she was telling me about how she misses America and that it is nice to meet an America born friend who could share her thoughts with. She told me I was precious and gave me a kiss on the cheek. A KISS-ON THE-CHEEK!!!!!!!! First time a girl kissed me in any way!!!! Vernon cannot know... He is banned from my love life!

"Nothing... I just got attrackted to her I dare say" I tried to cover up my excitement in front of him. My stomach growled, but instead of butterflies I felt hunger and I bet on it, that in the dream I was actually pretty hungry too.

"You should confess... you know, like in animes. Write her a romantic letter about how pretty she is and ask her out for an ice cream or something. Girls love that romantic crap" Vernon said and coolly leaned against the desk next to mine. I sighed deeply, refreshing the gotten information. I shall do it I suppose...

 

B-xz4JJUUAINdXp.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

Done! I've freaking done it! The love letter is finally written and packed with a cute rilakkuma teddy bear in a cute little pastel blue box. Don't judge me, dairy, I got it from my auntie with you inside! Should I give you a preview of my letter?

I LIKE YOU! PLEASE GO OUT WITH ME? hearts and kisses and cute stuff

Short and on point. I'm a genious ain't I? 

However there is still something pitiful about today. What was going on with Jaewon? He didn't even look at me at school and it was suddenly so boring. Not that I miss being bullied, but I sure felt lonely without him making fun of me. Now that sounds strange...

 

B-xw4hqUsAAxttR.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

Vernon at the stairs, Dino at the front door. My best friends are helping me deliver my love letter to Jinny. I was warned by Vernon that she always hangs out with her squad which is Jeney and Natty altogether. Maybe she comes to school alone in the morning and meet them later...

Oh my god my heart beats so fast. No backing up now... Oh god! I can't I want to puke!

Woosh!

Dino just ran past me... that's the sign of her coming. I looked over at Vernon who suddenly had a weirder expression on his face than before. He was nervous too... No backing up now... I'm gonna do it...

Three...

Two...

One!

"I like you Jinny, please go out with me!" 

...

...

...

It was suddenly so silent. You would be able to hear the dust fly by in that moment. Vernon's mouth was covered by both of his hands, Dino was head first in the trash can on the hall, his feet wagling high up in the air. But something still was out of ordinary. I raised my bowed head and noticed that the girls had stopped midway, because Jinny's shoe lace got untied and the three of them were put still there. But why was it so awkward. 

"Eek!" that sound left my throat, death in my eyes and plans for suicide in my head. 

Jaewon was standing in front of me, a huge mocking grin on his face. He was looking so freakingly proud of something he didn't even do and there was I handing him a pastel blue box like an idiot. Vernon, Dino... help me guys?

"You..." he started making me gulp, "like me that much?"


"I'm an idiot" bang! "I'm an idiot" bang! "I'm an idiot" bang! I was smashing my head against the top of my desk in my class, Vernon and Dino pitying me. 

"Come on, Sam. Nothing that bad happened. No one else saw you" Vernon said with ease in his voice, his arms folded and expression careless. Dino was still pulling pieces of chewed gum and uneaten lunch from his hair and he really did smell disgustingly. "And he is your step brother, it can't be that bad!"

"You know that butthole, he would do anything to make my life a misery" I said with the last bang and hit the wooden board hard. "Au" I exclaimed emotionlessly but it really hurt.

"You still have the box, you'll try tomorrow" gasp! I raised my head in shock, my forehead bright read but eyes opened in horror. Vernon suddenly gave me the same look and we knew what it meant.

"What happened?" Dino asked the chewing gum stuck to his fingers and hair.

"The box!"

I LOST MY LOVE BOX TO JINNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!