Page 7

One Punch! (งಠ_ಠ)ง

tumblr_nkneqo6qBo1r54sqpo1_500.gif

Ch. 7 - 

 

Vernon has called me in the morning about how was I feeling and if I'm coming to school. I asked him to bring me the homework frequently so I won't be missing out, but he told me something really strange. He told me that Jaewon came to the class in the morning and asked the teacher to write down every homework at the end of the day and that he will come and pick up the note. I was like what? How can Jaewon be so... responsible is the right word right?

Mom stayed home with me and prepared every kind of lotions and pain killers for me and kept me in the bed for like hours straight. I could barely go to the bathroom alone, but she somehow didn't care. She seemed like she was happy to take care of me like was a baby once again. She started to unpack my trunk and place all my clothes neatly into the wardrobe. I was just watching her and sipping on water she brought me. She was trying to pick up a conversation with me, but ended up talking to herself, because she didn't let me talk at all.

"I was so scared when Jaewon called us. I didn't know what to do. You never got seriously hurt and now you went straight to the hospital. I'm so thankful to Jaewon for carrying you to the hospital by himself. He was trembling and shaking when we arrived. He must've really feared that something serious happened to you" she spoke on and on, only taking some air in between the sentences, making me look up at her if she was alright. "He was hurt too, his hand was swollen and purple bruised. I thought he broke his hand so I took him to the emergancy room and they treated him well. He thanked me and told me what happened."

"He did?" I stopped her at the interesting spot in the story she was telling me.

"Yes... he told me that you freaked out because his friends were making fun of you and that you were upset for him not accepting our family situation" that jerk... he didn't tell her exactly what happened. "But he appologized and told me that he will try to be a better son" she added and that made me rise my head. 

"Really?"

"Right? I was just as surprised when he told me this, but I'm happy that it happened. I didn't think you would actually get along so well either, but when I saw you at the hospital yesterday I was so happy" she repeated the word and looked at me over her shoulder before closing the wardrobe and walking back to me. "He really likes you, you know... he told his father that he always wished for a  younger brother that would be like you."

"When did he say that?" I almost choked.

"Yesterday after he put you to sleep" she said and caressed my hair and pecked my forehead. You can come downstairs if you feel fit enough ok? I'll be in the kitchen" she said and left my room with my door opened. I watched her leave and wondered if he really said that or not. My eyes wandered of to my phone and as much I feared texting him, I wrote him a message.

To: Jung Jaewon

Hey... I wanted to thank you for taking me to the hospital yesterday. Even if it was your fault

Sent! I put the phone aside and took a sip of my water before I stood up and tried to look for my slippers. I felt fit enough to go downstairs and lie in the living room on the couch.

I found one when my phone went on buzzing. I reached over and saw I got a message back. 

From: Jung Jaewon

No probs... Yeah it was my fault... How are ya feelin'?

Really? I texted back an alright and that how his hand felt and when I asked him about Suzy he texted me that he will be home in few minutes that we will talk later. I sighed and got my slippers on and walked downstairs carefully and slowly. I saw my mom in the kitchen mastering the tablet that Mr. Jung bought for us with games in it and she was being a maniac into it more than the two of us. I waddled over to the couch and belly flopped on it wrapped in the blanket. I crawled over like a catterpilar and spread myself across the middle where I usually sat with Mr. Jung. I didn't dare to touch Jaewon's left wing, because he hated it when anyone touched his space. 

In a while the front door opened and closed with Jaewon appearing in the hall and took off his brown boots, tossing his school bag on the floor with his winter coat as well and jumped on the couch next to me and made the beanie melt it's wetness on my head. 

"Yah!" I whined as the cold and wet sustance hit me and I shivered under the blanket. "What's wrong with you?!"

"It's snowing outside, Samuel... IT'S SNOW!" he cheered happily and fit himself on his side of the couch and slipped under the same blanket with me. 

"Get out, you're cold!" I whined agian as his cold arms and cheek touched me under the blanket, making goosebumps appear all over my skin.

"That's why I'm warming up here, dummy" he said with a pout on his face and just snuggled there. 

"I'm not a dummy!" I protested and pushed him out from under my blanket and hugged it to me, glaring and puffing my cheeks out at Jaewon. "Where is my homework?" I shot at him. 

"Somewhere in my bag, I'll give it you later 'kay?" he said and yawned, before he stood up and pulled his pants a bit higher on his and I couldn't resist. I stretched out my leg and lightly kicked him on the . "Hey!" he d his own and looked at me with a confues smile. 

"Miss Kim, what do we have for dinner?" he asked as he skipped to the kitchen, breaking mom's attention from the game she was playing. She jumped up to her feet and without further words she started preparing some food for him and talked to him about school. Jaewon seemed pretty calm and comfortable talking to her and that was what made me smile right there. I heard my phone buzz up on the upper floor in my room. I got to my feet and walked up the stairs. 

"You aren't hungry, Sammy?" Mom asked me as she noticed me going up the stairs.

"Nope" I shook my head and rushed up the stairs, my head still throbbing as I bounced but I didn't really care. I took a hold of my phone on the empty bed and saw a Facebook message from Natty. Natty?

 
 nat ty
  START OF CONVERSATION jenuary

CCVi-kMUMAExMkB.jpg

-Hello Samuel, please tell your brother, Jaewon to come to the cafe. Suzy has some things to return to him. Thank you

11116848_1445658279065577_446267281_n.jp-Hi...ehm... sure I'll tell him, but... what happened?
 
-Nat is typing...

CCVi-kMUMAExMkB.jpg

-They broke up, didn't you know?
 

11116848_1445658279065577_446267281_n.jp

-For real? Why?

 

-Nat is typing...

CCVi-kMUMAExMkB.jpg-Ask your brother please, he broke up with Suzy

 

-HE DID WHAT?!11116848_1445658279065577_446267281_n.jp

 
 
 

CCVi-kMUMAExMkB.jpg

-Unbelievable huh? Yeah, he broke up with her

 

11116848_1445658279065577_446267281_n.jp

-Alright I'll tell him.

 

CCVi-kMUMAExMkB.jpg-Great, thanks. 

See you at school!

-Sure but maybe in a week11116848_1445658279065577_446267281_n.jp

CCVi-kMUMAExMkB.jpg

-Why? What happened? Are you sick?

 

-

11116848_1445658279065577_446267281_n.jp

Yeah, kind off... I have a headache and I was in the hospital

 

CCVi-kMUMAExMkB.jpg-Really? Oh gosh, I hope you'll feel better

GTG talk to you later

 

11116848_1445658279065577_446267281_n.jp

-Okay, bye, take care

 

-Seen at 14.25

 

 

tumblr_nr9npmEMHb1ssmzcno1_500.gif

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jaewon did go after Suzy, but he didn't come back. He stayed there until night. It's Thursday and it's weird that no one cared. I wasn't really sleep, I was thinking about why did they break up. Jaewon wanted her for so long and so badly and now he breaks up with her? It's just strange I would say.

He is home now, it's 12:41 am. He tried to sneak in, but my door was opened. He peeked in and saw me with my lamp on writing into you dear dairy and listening to some music. When I spotted him I stepped out of my bed and hurriedly walked after him into his room, seeing him face down spread on the bed, completely dressed. 

"Are you alright?" I asked and he just groaned.

"Com'ere, Sammy" I raised my eyebrows, he never called me that way and he just groans when he is really tired. What was going on?

I walked up to him and looked at him from the edge of the bed. I waited for some response but only I got was humming and his fingers on his healthy hand drumming into some music. He slowly raised his head and it was impossible not to laugh at the sight. I wrapped my hands over my mouth and hoped I wouldn't laugh out loud. 

"Is it that bad?" he asked his voice drifting off somewhere. He really looked awful. His eyes were barely noticeable under his lids, red and watery, face red and lips dried out. He was wasted, drunk as hell.

"I don't understand how can you be the heartthrob of the school" I chuckled out loud and sat down on the edge of his bed. He groaned more making a crying face before weakly lying his head back down. "Why did you break up?"

"Because reasons" he replied with a sleepy voice, but I knew he was drunk not sleepy. "Because there are other things on my mind right now" he added. I raised an eyebrow and pouted. Nodding my head, I though he meant the wedding and the family and such, but I think a sixteen year old boy would want a date on the wedding wouldn't he?

"What other things?"

"Important things... for me" he said and clumsily tried to sit up with his feet kicking around and his hands tangling up into the sheets. He leaned his back against the head board and ran a hand through his hair, before giving me a smudgy look. "Like you."

"What?" I almost jumped out of my skin. I straightened up and watched him with my eyes blinking.

"You're young yet so brave. You stand up to me even though you have no chance. You help me even though you know I don't want it and don't deserve it. I adore you, Sammy" he said his words again trailing off as he runs his fingers over his lips.

"So that's the case of bullying me? That you adored me? I thought you hated me" he opened his eyes wide as I spoke and tried to crawl over to me and shush me down, pressing every finger individually against my lips. 

"Hate you???!! I hate that I love you. Loving you made me deluded, irrational, inconsiderate, and a liar. And because I love you, you're always going to haunt me" he carried on as he was trying to shush me down. But instead of losing my words, I lost my breath. What was he even talking about? I didn't understand a word. I believe it's because he is drunk but... why would he tell me all this anyway?

"Love me?" I mumbled silently but in response I only got a groan. He cupped my cheeks and was dangerously coming closer with his face towards me. He smelled like alcohol and he was shaking. I hoped he wouldn't aim right, but just in case I in my lips and closed my eyes tightly. He pressed his lips on my forehead, luckily. I sighed in relief my shoulders dropped and eyes opened. 

"You're still young... you will understand later" he said and pulled me to his chest and he slowly fell backwards, making me yelp. "Good night, Sammy" he mumbled and pressed another kiss on my temple. I groaned disgusted and tried to free myself from his embrace but it was impossible. 

"Jaewon! Man... let me go... I don't wanna sleep here, Jaewon!" he didn't budge. "Hyung!" I whispered aggressively but nothing. I gave up struggling and just let loose and lay on his chest hopelessly. What did he mean by all this? DAMN!