Life Before

Masquerade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Is something wrong?” Amber asks as she went inside the Student Council Lounge, seeing the worry in Heechul’s face. “Have I been found out?”

“No. But we have to go now.” Heechul walks towards her and spins her around, pushing her out of the door, with Key and Donghae behind in tow.

She had grown quite close with everyone in the student council, well except for Leeteuk and Siwon, both whom expressed their opinion against Heechul’s plan, and seeing how her sponsor looked so worried right now doesn’t sit well with her that much, “Why? What is it? Did I do something?”

“No.” Heechul says as he walked twice the pace he’s used to. “The hospital just called. They said she had a close call, she’s stable now but I want you to go and be with her.”

Hearing that, as soon as Heechul said the hospital, Amber knew it was her sister. She didn’t think much after, she just found herself running all the way to the lobby where her car is already waiting for her.

Though she heard that Sulli is okay now, she still needs to see her sister with her own eyes. She’s the only family she had left and if she ever loses her, she wouldn’t know what to do and she doesn’t really want to find out what it would be like being left alone if ever her sister dies.

Sulli is the main reason why she took the job – why she’s lying in front of all the students and professors in school, because she believes that with Heechul’s wealth they can cure whatever Sulli’s illness is. Her sister can be well again.

With her sister occupying her mind, she’s unable to prevent herself from crashing with someone as she turned right at the corner of the hallway, the impact send them both on the floor. She’s too preoccupied to remember the girl whom she had brought in from her bar hopping nights and night before and the girl whom she had seen several times now in the same hospital.

Amber is too caught up in her head that she only muttered a simple “Sorry” without sparing the person she bumped with a glance before running through the hospital hallways again.

“How is she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter