Stranger No More

Masquerade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Everyone's busy today." She says as she place a bouquet of roses in a vase next to the bed. It was her sister's favorite flower and she reminded herself to buy on the way earlier and luckily, she found a cheap shop not far from the hospital.

"No classes this afternoon, so you can have me all for yourself for the rest of the day." She pulls a chair next to the bed and hold her sleeping sister's hand. "Sulli, get well soon, okay? I have a lot of surprises for you." 

Her classes were canceled around lunch time and as instructed, the school ground were swept off of students as soon as the clock hit one in the afternoon. It was the Deliberation day, where the Student Council were to decide who's going to be who's partner in the opening dance. Only few students were given the chance to do so, and only the Student Council knows who they are. Those students will be notified by the School's Principal, how, no one knows. And these chosen students are not allowed to talk about it to others; another rule of the Masquerade Ball.

Amber is not a part of the Student Council so she was kicked out from the office earlier when she tried to pass her time hanging out there. Not wanting to go home to an empty apartment, she decided to visit Sulli whom she found to be sleeping at the moment.

"Ive heard that youre responding well to  the medicines, Im glad to hear that." Amber pauses as she pulls one brown envelope inside her bag. "Ive mentioned that Im going to a ball right? Well, I have some pictures of what Im going to wear on that night. Its actually disturbing and Im sure it'll be worth your laughs." She turns the picture around and shows it to her sleeping sister, waiting for any reaction.

She chuckles. "I cant even believe it myself. I, Amber Josephine Liu, about to wear a 1700 inspired dress robe. If someone told me I'd be doing that last month, I wouldve died laughing."

"It'll look good on you though." She didnt realize that her sister was already awake since she's been busy imagining herself wearing the dress robe in the picture. "You look good in everything."

"Hey, sorry, did I wake you up?" She tried to help her sister to sit but a wave of a hand makes her sit back to her chair.

"A little bit, but its okay. I dont see you that much anymore, anyway." She smiles bitterly and feels undeniably guilty. She didnt mean to ignore her only sister but work always has its way to make it seem so. Back in the US, Amber needs to work twice a day to sustain Sulli's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter