14 - She is not Home yet*

Another Eunji's Oneshot Collections
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Helu!

It's another update for you!

Title: She is not home yet

Cast: Jung Eunji and Kim Myungsoo

 

Eunji seem busy working on her desk. She was busy with her own works, typing more character on her laptop. Her mind froze at the moment, can’t really think of anything to write. She was kind of stuck at the end of paragraph she has been writing. She sighed deeply and drowns her head on the desk desperately.

She was shivering when she remember what her head office told her. She could remember exactly the expression he had when he said that. She sighed again at the flashed memories she had in the back of her mind. She was in the middle of writer block condition, when she couldn’t get any idea about how to write the scenario more. The scenario that she had written is seems already good, but she knew her boss really well. Her boss is such a perfectionist guy. And plus he likes dramatic ending. The ending that she wrote before was not dramatic enough for him. He wanted the ending to be sweeter and he demanded her. What else she could do beside just do what he said? He is her boss after all.

She glanced at the watch on her wrist it was seven pm already. She cursed under her breath; she would come home late tonight. She tied her hair into a ponytail, turn on her iPod and play a love song playlist and start working. She needed to get her on work, like seriously. Or else she couldn’t go home if she didn’t finish the ending.

 

 

 

He walked home with both of his hands full of groceries. He smiled right after he arrived in front of the door. That smile stay as he pressed on the bell.

No answer. He pressed the bell again.

But he still got no answer.  He grew worry.

“Jagiya…” He called from outside and still no answer.

He dialled the password on the door-lock machine and soon it’s opened. He walked into the house, headed to the kitchen. He just left the bags full of groceries on the kitchen table and headed to main bedroom in this house. He knocked on it then opened it. But he found nothing in there. The bed is still neat like how Eunji left it this morning.

“She must be coming late… better if I just take a bath first then…” He muttered and soon walked to the bathroom.

He finished his bath time a bit longer because he was tired after working on the construction project today. He walked with only a towel wrap on his waist. He walked to the desk near the bed and took his phone.

“Eish… why didn’t she call me or send me a message?” he hissed annoyingly when he found nothing but just a plain lockscreen of her and him together in their first day of high school, their first time picture together. He then put his phone back on the desk and walked to the wardrobe to find his pyjama. Trying his best not to think about it again, because deep down he just wanted her come back home soon.

 

 

He walked down to the kitchen only to find the bags he brought still there. He smiled and soon took out the groceries that he bought before he got home in the supermarket nearby. He bought chicken, paprika, garlic, barbeque sauce and another ingredient for him to cook. He was planning to cook a chicken barbeque sauce with her. Soon when he finished what he was doing he heaved a sigh. She is still not there.

Feeling tired with his expectation, he decided to watched the TV in the living room so he could see as if her come home. Or at least if she came home really late then she would be smiling to know that he was waiting for her in the couch. Only to have that scene on his mind were making him smiling from ear to ear.

He sat himself on the couch then he reached the remote TV near him and the TV. He pressed the remote randomly and lazily watched the action series that he usually watches in this time. His favourite TV show was on it but he found nothing interest him so much besides the door opened and revealed his wife coming home, but none of it happened. He just sighed and continued to stare at the TV without paying much attention to it.

Tick tock…

Tick tock…

Few minutes have gone, and now his attention moved to the clock. The clock that hung on the wall seems more attractive rather than the movies that playing on the TV. He couldn’t make himself focus on the movies that he was planning to watch. It seems like he was watching the clock the whole minutes. Even if he was watching the movies, his eyes would glance back again at that clock.

He took his phone out and slide the lockscreen. He sighed. Neither message nor calls from her

He stood up then headed to the kitchen to take him a glass of milk. He didn’t know whether he was really thirsty or just mad at the situation. He gulped down a glass full of milk all at once without taking so much time. He heaved a sigh feeling that his thirsty finally go away. Next thing he could hear was the grumbling sound that came from his empty stomach. He just realized that he hasn’t eaten anything since this afternoon. He rubbed his tummy and started to find cookies or any dry foods for him to eat. Even though he bought all the ingredients for today’s dinner but he knew his ability on cooking was a big zero, so better for him not to cook it by himself. Or else he would have a burnt food for dinner or having diarrhoea in the next morning.

He walked back to the couch with his hand holding a package of cheese sticks, his favourite snack. He tried to put his eyes on the TV back again while his mouth busy munching the cheese-sticks. But it seems he still couldn’t focus. He kept checking on his phone then back to the clock then back to TV then back to his phone then to clock, doing it in repeat.

He stood up and threw the empty cheese stick packs on the couch, not bothering to find a trash bin. He crossed his arms in front of his chest and frown. His worry seems not going to get away soon, he walked to the right and then back to the left. Walking back and forth like an iron. He hissed at his empty message box. He grew impatient and started to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter