Chapter 18

Behind The Shadow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mino's pov 

"Are you waiting too long?" I lost in my thoughts when I heard someone's voice.

"Oh, you're here? You come home late, Ji. I'm feeezing." 

"I'm sorry. I met the teacher after school. I'll make chocolate for you." I want to tell Youngji that I will move after graduation ceremony but I can't bring myself to tell her. I want to see her everyday. I wonder what I should say. "I see you doing well with your subject. Do you have further plan?" Youngji give me hot chocolate and sat next to me.

"What about you? What is your plan?" I Iasked her.

"Hmm.. I think about running a coffee shop with eonni. How is it?" She smiles sweetly. 

"Suits you well." I play with her hair. I like her long hair.

"I want to bring some warmth to people. I want them to smile warmly in a cold day." 

"You can do it. You have a warm smile, Ji." I cares her cheeks. I thinking about telling her now. "Youngji-ah, I-" 

*ding dong*

The bell rang and interrupted me.

"Who is it? Wait here." Youngji left her seats and open the door. I follow her to see who's coming. It's Jackson.

End of pov

 

"Wang Jackson?" Youngji didn't expect to see Jackson in front of her door.

"Hi." He smiles. "I won't take a long time. I just, I want to tell you something." Youngji looked at her confused about what happens. 

"Oh, ok. Do you want to come?" Youngji trying to be considerate but Jackson decline her offers. 

"I know it's been a long time. Maybe you already forget about me and everything happened between us but I want to apologize to you." He looks at the ground. "Heo Youngji, I'm sorry I hurt you before. I hurt you many times. I made you suffer." Youngji keeps silent. She never expect Jackson will come all the way just to say sorry. "I'm sorry that I said I never love you. I know I'm stupid to leaved you like that."

"It's ok Jackson, I-"

"I haven't finish yet. Hear me please." Youngji nods. "I understand if you can't forgive me. I just want to say, all this time I always look at you. I-I know it's nonsense but I love you. I realize it after some times ago but, yeah. It's, I'm just so stupid that I can't figure myself." He smiles genuinely. 

"Jackson, I-" 

"It's ok. You don't need to answer me now. Think about it thoroughly. We still have last exam anyway." Youngji can't thinking straightly. "Oh, I will come back to Hongkong after the graduation ceremony. I hope you will give your answer by then." He goes right away after that before Youngji can said more. Mino heard everything Jackson said to her. It hurts him a lot.

"Oppa? You will go?" Youngji asked Mino once she enter the house. 

"Uh, I have something to do. We still have last exam anyway." 

"But I thought you want to tell me something." Youngji hold his hand, preventing him to go. Mino looks at her.

"I'll tell you next time." 

"Oppa! Can't you stay?" She pleaded him not to go but it's so hard for Mino to stay calm today.

"I can't. I'm sorry, Ji. Eat well and rest, baby." He smiled and patted her head before go. Youngji feels so lonely. She needs Mino to makes her calm. She never expected Jackson will come and confess. She will say 'yes' right away if he said that a year ago. But now, many things happen and she doesn't know if she feels happy or not.

 

Days passes and finally today is graduation day. Every student looks so happy, so does Youngji. 

"Youngji-ah." Youngji turns around and she saw Hani. "Congratulations. I'm sorry for everything happened to us before."

"It's ok. It's all passed. So, you're a trainee now?" Hani nods her head and smiling. "I hope you can debut right away." They're laughing happily.

"You will come to the airport, won't you? Jackson will whinning if you don't give him any anwer." Youngji smiles. "And where is Mino? I didn't see him." Youngji realize Mino is nowhere to be found. She try to search him and even call him. 

"Youngji, what are you doing here?" Seunghoon asked her.

"Did you see Mino? I tried to call him but he didn't answer." 

"Yah! You didn't know? I thought he told you."

"What do you mean?" 

"Mino gives you a letter right? He's going to America today. Didn't you read the letter?" Youngji remember an unknown letter she found in her locker this morning. She thought it's just some random letter so she didn't read it. She runs to her locker to found it.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter