Chapter 14

Behind The Shadow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mino is running an errand for her mother when he saw someone sit in the park. He decided to approach that person. 

"Cherry-ah, it's been a long time. How are you?" He cares the dog and kissed it.

"Yah! How can you greet the dog first before the owner? It's rude." Hani greet him with an annoyed tone. 

"It's because the owner doesn't like me. She always getting scared every time I appear." 

"It-it's not like that. I don't think you're scary anymore. And stop kissing my baby." Hani said while taking her dog. 

"Look Cherry-ah, she tried to separating us." Mino put a sad face and it makes Hani laugh. 

"You're weird, Song Mino. How can this dog being too closed to you? She's not an easy dog before."

"It's because I have a lot of charm." Mino said cooly.

"Ah, so it's like that. You must be really popular," she paused "among dogs." And laugh so hard. 

"Yah! How can you said that to someone you're not close with?" 

"But you're close with my dog." She laugh again. Mino dumbfounded. 

"By the way, what are you doing?" Hani asked him. 

"Ah, I'm running an errands for my mom. I need to go soon. It's getting cold. You should go home too." Hani nods. 

"Yes, I plan to go now. See you at school." Hani bid him a farewell and go home. So does Mino. 

 

Mino arrived at Youngji's house. His mom asked him to bring some foods to her house. He hesitantly push the bell. He wished Youngji's sister will be at home so he doesn't need to meet Youngji. But thing not always goes as he wished. He saw Youngji when the door opened. 

"My mom asked me to bring this." Youngji takes the plastic bag from Mino. It's awkward. "I'll go then." 

"Can you, can you come in please? I- I think I need your help." Youngji held his arm, preventing him to go. Mino looked at her hesitantly before he decide to come in to the house. 

"What happened here? It's a mess here." Mino shocked when he saw the house. People might think a robber came here. He look at Youngji waiting for an explanation. 

Eonni goes with her workmates this weekend. So I'm alone at home. This morning I saw a rat inside the house. So, it's like this." Youngji said slowly. She looked at the ground. Mino stared at her for a moment.

"You. Stop making me worry, can't you?" Youngji looked at him surprisingly. "Why you didn't call me?" 

"I thought you hate me. I thought you don't want to see me anymore." Mino didn't give her any response. He just looked at her with an unreadable expression. Mino sighed. Then he pull her into his embrace. 

"Pabo. Do you think you can throw me easily? I can't hate you, Ji. You know that." Youngji buried her face in his chest.

"You didn't call me, you never come here, you averted your gaze every time you saw me. That's why-"

"I'm angry with you. But I don't hate you." Mino cut Youngji's words.  She cried for a long time. She felt relieved when she knows Mino doesn't hate her. 

"Now, shall we begin?" Mino said without loosened his hug.

"What?" Youngji asked looked at him.

"The rat. Or you want to keep it?" Mino smiled. 

 

Hani's pov

Youngji looks like she's back to her usual self. She seems in a good mood. I wonder if I should tell her now. 

"Youngji-ah, do you have some time after school? I have something I need to tell you." 

"Yes, I have time. What is it you want to tell me about?" She looks confuse.

"I'll tell you later." I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter