Chapter 16

Behind The Shadow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mino makes up his minds, he really doesn't want to get close with Hani as a term of being her boyfriend. He loves Youngji since long times ago and he doesn't want to erase his feeling even if Youngji never loves him. He always thinks it's fine as long as he can stay close to her, being her best friend. He wants her to be happy even if it hurts him so much. He did everything for her yet she never see his efforts. It's unfair for him when he thinks about Youngji who always looks at Jackson. What's with him anyway? He's not that great. He treats her badly but why Youngji praised him so much? He wants to make her jealous and realize how important he is for her. He will try to befriend with Hani but he will maintain some space and not giving her too much hopes.

"Hani-ah, I think I can spend Christmas with you. My family doesn't have any plans." Mino said to Hani. It makes her really happy. "But why don't we ask Jackson and Youngji to join us? It will be fun with them. I can invite Seunghoon too. I think the more is better." Mino add. Hani dropped her smile. She thought it will just the two of them but Hani can't decline him because she doesn't have any reason to do so and he might cancel it if she's not agree. She thinks Mino might feel awkward if it's just the two of them. So she agrees with his.

Jackson dislikes the idea to spend Christmas night with Mino but it was Hani who asked him to join them. Well, that's better than stay at home while Hani go with Mino, he thinks. They decide to meet in a cafe in the downtown. There are no one when Jackson arrived, but then Youngji come, and after that Seunghoon.

"Yah! Where are Hani and Mino? They're so late." Jackson whinnied.

"I tried to call Mino but he didn't pick up his phone." Seunghoon add.

"He might forget to bring it." Youngji said while sipping her drink.

"So, about you two. You know Youngji and Mino was a best friend?" Seunghoon asked Jackson.

"I told him before." Youngji answer the question. "So, all this time you know everything about Mino and me?" She asked again.

"Yes. Hongbin told me. He always talks about you and Mino back then." Seunghoon said. He fought with Mino. Seunghoon said and put a smirk on his face.

"Hongbin? Do you mean Lee Hongbin?" Seunghoon nods. "Who is he to you?" Youngji asked him again.

"He's my cousin. Don't you realize? We have same surname. And people said we're looked alike." Seunghoon posed and tried to look cool. Youngji laughed so hard even though there's no voice came out.

"Who said that? You really looked different with him." She's still laughing. "Now I know why you can be really close with Mino."

"Why?" Seunghoon asked her.

"You're a dumb too. You can make a dumb and dumber duo." She laughed again. Seunghoon also laughed and they kind of forget about Jacksons there.

"Yah! Why you talk about something I don't understand? I feel like an outsider. And where the hell are Hani and that yellow head?" Jackson really pissed off. Just then Mino and Hani enter the cafe and approach them, together.

"Yah! Why you took so long?" Jackson asked Hani.

"I'm sorry. The train was stuck. We met outside." Hani said.

"What do you mean outside?" Jackson eyed Mino.

"I wait for her. Outside. She called me." Mino said.

"Hani called you and you waited for her outside? Seunghoon called but you didn't pick up. Why?" Youngji sounds irritated. She knows Mino hate the cold weather so much but he wait Hani outside. He will always complain every time he waits for Youngji outside her house in a cold weather.

"Really? I didn't realize." Mino said. Seunghoon looked at him, he sighed and shook his head.

"Let's stop this. Where should we go now?" Seunghoon tried to break the tension.

"Can't you wait for a moment? I'm freeze here." Mino said.

"That's your fault. Let's go to a karaoke." Youngji said and she raised up from her seats.

"Yah! Wait for me." Mino ran and walk next to her. "You're not cute when you're jealous, Ji." Mino whispered and ran to hug Seunghoon.

 

"Here." Hani gives Mino a cup of hot chocolate. "Chocolate. You freeze outside becau

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter