Chapter 17

Behind The Shadow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ever since that incident Youngji became a different person. She isn't talk much or smile much. It makes her sister worries about her. Mino comes to her home everyday but she doesn't really care. She doesn't ask him to go or anything. He keeps talking and telling jokes to her but she doesn't give him much response. She doesn't angry or annoyed. She keeps silent. Youngji did nothing that day because they have a winter holiday. It was unusual because every time snow falls, she would be very excited and ask everyone to make a snowman but today she only sit on the couch and watch tv. Mino sat next to her. He played wit her hair.

"Youngji-ah, you don't want to make a snowman? Looks, it's all white on your garden. Don't you feel bored?" Mino her hair. "Your hair is getting longer. Wanna make it like mine? It's nice to have a short hair." He paused, "ah, but no. This doesn't suite you." Youngji close her eyes for a moment before she stand up from the couch. Mino grabs her wrist. "Let's go outside."

"I don't want." Youngji looked at Mino. He hugged her from behind. She doesn't shove him. Mino burried his face on her head before she turned around and face him.

"Can't you look at me, Ji?" She didn't give any answer. She burried her face on Mino's chest. She doesn't want to hurt him. Youngji realize how important he is for her. She can't promise anything, she doesn't want to hurt him anymore, that's why she can't answer his question. 

"I'm sorry, oppa." She sniffed again. Mino cares her head and smiling. He knows everything will get better.

 

In the school Youngji doesn't talk with Hani or Jackson. Their relationship are growing apart. She's still has a lot of friends around her. Mino always observing her from a far to make sure Jackson doesn't get close to her. Hani want to talk with her again but she doesn't know how to start. She feels sorry her. Sometimes she also looks at Mino. She like him, she was sure of it but she knows he only saw her as Youngji's friend. 

 

Jackson's pov

I saw Youngji on my way to the class. She's talking with some boys and smiling. It seems like nothing ever happened between us. She's still everybody's sweet heart. I like her when she's smiling. I hurt her a lot, I know that. I'm glad she's able too smile even though I know that's not her genuine smile. I hope she will be happy. She will be happy without me. Sometimes I wonder why I can't stop worrying over her. I don't like this feeling. I want to live in peace. 

"You're looking at her again." Hani brokes my thoughts. 

"Wh-what do you mean? I'm not looking at her." I looked at other direction.

"I know you always worry about her, you never calm and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter