REVIEW BY rawr from Sheer Essence

Love Quest

Title: Love Quest
Author: cassiopeiaplus
URL: http://www.winglin.net/fanfic/love_quest/
Reviewer: rawr @ Sheer Essence
[sheer-essence.co.nr]

Title: 5/5- Interesting choice for a title. I give us an idea of the story, but it does not reveal the story’s plot.

Poster/Background: 7/10- The poster and background is great, however, I feel that the poster is overcrowded. The poster has way too many pictures of G-Dragon and I feel that I wasn’t necessary for you to add that much pictures of him onto your poster.

Forewords: 1/10- Your forewords was too lacking. I know (and understand) that readers don’t really read the forewords; but it is there to let them now details about your story. You should have given the reader an insight of what the story is going to be about and such. Also, a character description would be nice. The only information that I got out of your forewords is that you like G-Dragon, but you didn’t give us (the reader) a description of his role/character in the story--also, you didn’t even us a synopsis of the plot or tell us why Big Bang is important to your story. As an author, you need to provide these information to your readers so that they can get an idea of where the story is going and who is going to be in it. Let me tell you the truth, if I wasn’t reviewing your story; I would exit your story and not read it. This is just base on your forewords. Some readers (like me) look at the forewords and from there we judge on whether or not we read the story. So, I strongly recommend that you fix your forewords.

Plot: 10/15- Your plot is unique in a sense that you have a mixture of different plots and made it yours, however, your story was still too cliché. I know that when writing a story, it’s hard to stay away from cliché things (I’m an author myself) but you need to limit yourself on the cliché. Only add them when it is necessary--do not abuse them.

Creativity/Originality: 10/15- The creativity is definitely there, but the originality is lacking.

Speed/Flow: 8/10- I like the pace that you are going, but you did rush things a little bit. Try to slow down the pace a little more and you will get the timing right. Writing a story is all about timing--if you made them fall in love too fast, you run out of things to say about their relationship. Stall their love falling and make it seem so much more real.

Spelling/Grammar/Vocabulary: 6/10- You did have grammar mistakes, but I’ve seen that your first reviewer had already pointed them out, so I won’t do it. Just a heads up, before you post your story, re-read it and correct your mistakes first.

Characterization: 8/10- You did a great job of portraying your main characters, but you left out your minor characters. As an author, you must always remember about your minor characters and give them personality. They deserve as much credit as the main roles. Every minor character does make a difference in the story, so you need to give them a voice so that the readers can connect and understand their importance to the story.

Writing Style: 8/10- Your writing style was neat and easy to read, however you did have some spaces between sentences that were supposed to be connected. Try to refrain from doing that, it just messes up the readers’ train of thought and makes them lose connection to the story--it also frustrates the reader.

Overall enjoyment: 5/5

Sub Total: 68/100

Bonus: 5/5- You deserve the bonus since you did a great job (aside from the forewords)!

Total: 73