Good night, Sandara

When the Bluebells were blooming

And here comes the second chapter. >v<  I wanted to update ASAP because the first chapter was kinda short. Hope you like it!

Again, sorry for the mistakes and grammatical errors.

 


 

„Are you sure?”

Honestly? She wasn’t. The only thing she knew that it was freezing cold out there, the stormy wind blew snow into their faces, and she really wanted to go up to her apartment. She usually don’t help strangers – except the few street musicians she rewarded with some coins – she was ready to do it now. Because she wasn’t willing to let the girl… well, Sandara outside in that weather.

No. She wasn’t fully sure about anything. But she will do it anyway.

„Of course” she nodded. „My apartment is on the fourth floor. The elevator isn’t working now, so we need to climb the stairs, okay?”

The brunette started nodding rapidly and followed Chaerin into the building. Though her coat was long, it left her lower legs completely free and her high-heels didn’t seem warm either. The blonde was afraid the girl’s toes might just frozen off. She wondered how could she still walk at all.

Walking up the stairs they were next to each other. Only the knocks of their shoes could be heard. The girl moved much slowlier for Chaerin’s liking, she was used to quicker pace, but she didn’t urged the brunette. When they reached the second floor, she saw that Sandara’s power is running out and she can’t walk too much anymore.

„Are you okay? Should we have a break?”

„No, I’m fine” she answered in a quiet tone and smiled at Chaerin softly. After a few seconds she bowed her head again.

Sandara could gone through so much, but was still able to be so humble and smile like nothing happened. Chaerin admired her for that.

They started climbing the stairs again, still in a slow pace though. When they finally reached the right door, Chaerin needed a minute to search for her keys. The brunette used this time to relax a bit. Now that the blonde stood with her back to Sandara, she showed her feelings more freely on her face. She shut her eyes and pressed her lips together forming a thin line, this was the only way to bear the pain without crying out.

Chaerin opened the door and let the girl enter her apartment first.

„So, this is the living room” she said while taking off her boots. „Feel free to sit down on the couch. I’ll bring a blanket for you.”

Sandara nodded once and slowly approached the furniture. She sat down with a quiet sign. It felt so good to rest in a warm room. Though the heating doesn't work yet, the atmosphere was still more pleasant then the storm outside.

Chaerin stopped in front of the wardrobe on the other side of the room and took out three blankets, then stepped over to the heater and switched it to the maximal capacity. After that she returned to the brunette.

„We better get this off from you. It might got soaked from the snow. Do you mind it?” The girl just shot her a surprised glance and shook her head. She let Chaerin to pull the coat off of her and drop it to the couch, then draped her shoulders with two blankets giving her the last one to cover her legs herself. While Sandara wrapped her shuddering body with the blankets, Chaerin approached the hanger next to the front door with both of their coats in her hands.

„I will make some tea. How do you drink yours?”

„Oh, uh. Anything is okay for me. Th-Thank you.” stuttered the brunette with a kind smile on her face. As her apartment being so small, except the bathroom, everything was built together. Half of the room was used as a living- and bedroom, and the other half was the kitchen and dining room. It really wasn't much and Chaerin didn't ask for more. Well, for the time being. She didn't spend to much time there anyway in her daily life. Though she hoped she could move to a bigger one someday.

Until the water has boiled, Chaerin sat down beside Sandara on the couch. She thought it’s time to ask „those” questions, though she knew none of them would be pleasant to answer.

„You are in trouble, right?” she asked cautiously. Sandara didn't say anything, she just lowered her head staring at her hands. „Do you want to stay here?” Maybe she was making a mistake. It’s dangerous to offer things like this to strangers. Who knows who is this girl? She could bring a lot of trouble to her. What if she will rob her? Or worse: kill her in her sleep?

But as she looked at the skinny girl, Chaerin thought it’s unlikely the brunette would do such things. She knew - just felt that Sandara wouldn't do any harm to her on purpose. She didn't look like that.

Sandara jerked her head up upon hearing the question. Her lips parted and she furrowed her eyebrows.

„I… I don't” Chaerin waited for her patiently to finish her sentence. She looked her in the eyes, but Sandara might felt too much pressure, because she hung her head again. „I can’t ask such a thing.”

„You didn't” Chaerin shrugged her shoulders. „I’ve already let you come to my place, haven’t I.”

Sandara continued to stare at her hands and it drove Chaerin nuts. She hates when people don't look at her while talking.

„Look at me.” The girl didn't fulfill the request right away, but after a few seconds she slowly lifted her head. She looked awfully innocent. Like a beautiful flower. For God’s sake, who would hurt a girl like her? „If you need a place where you can hide for a while, I really wouldn’t mind it.”

The whistling of the teapot interrupted their conversation. Chaerin stood up without a word and hurried to the stove. She hoped the time she spent making their tea would be enough for Sandara to think. When the tea was ready she poured the liquid into mugs and returned to the brunette. She gave one mug to the girl, then sat back down.

They didn't speak for a while. Chaerin thought the girl would speak up if she is ready and she wasn't wrong. Sandara was extremely anxious, but she finally dared to look at her. It seemed like she was about to cry but she could hold her tears back.

„I have nowhere to go” the girl whispered. „I… I’m very grateful for your offer, but… I’m afraid they will find me and you might get in trouble.”

„Well… we could go to the police, and…” said Chaerin bluntly, but Sandara interrupted.

„No!” She haven’t heard the girl being so loud before. She must’ve been afraid. „I’m sorry. But please, rather not.”

Chaerin eyed her suspiciously, but then only sighed. "All right. But if the situation is really that bad, you'd better stay here."

„But…”

„You have nowhere to go, you just said that.” Chaerin insisted. „I can help you, if you want. We can come up with something.”

Sandara didn't answer. Maybe she didn't have anything more to say.

The blonde felt she would better relieve the tension and they should return to the serious subjects later.

„Aren’t you hungry? I can make you something.” Sandara glanced at Chaerin and was about to shook her head, but the blonde was sure she would be lying. „Though I only have ramyun I guess.”

Her eyes lit up instantly. Looked like she was indeed hungry after all. „Okay, then” said Chaerin laughing. „I’ll make some.”

She went to the kitchen area to search for a pot big enough for both of them when she heard Sandara’s voice. At first she didn’t understand her words, she was too quiet. Chaerin looked back over her shoulder and glanced at the brunette. Sandara looked like a lost little kitten with those three blankets around herself and the puzzled expression on her face. She held onto her mug way too cutely.

„No problem” she said smiling at the girl.

 

~*~

 

 

They shared a nice meal. Though Sandara could eat only the half of her plate, she was very grateful towards Chaerin and thanked her efforts repeatedly. She got a pyjama to change into, and Chaerin’s spare futon as well. The apartment become very warm, it was maybe a bit much for the blonde, but Sandara was still shuddering without blankets around herself. She looked really tired as well, after dinner she only have enough power to help Chaerin prepare their beds. The blonde thought they should just go to bed and rest. When she first lay down on the bed, her previous doubts come back again. What if the girl kills her in her dream? And many other horrible thoughts, but she had to put them aside. She was simply sure that Sandara wouldn’t do such things.

It was hard, but she finally fell asleep. Sometime around dawn she woke up again, but to her surprise Sandara awake as well. The girl wasn't on her futon next to Chaerin anymore, but she stood by the window looking at the night sky with a blanket around her shoulders. She furrowed her eyebrows in concern.

Chaerin just watched her for a while. The girl’s delicate facial features and slim figure was illuminated by the moonlight. Again, she couldn't understand how could someone hurt a tiny girl like her.

„Are you alright?” Chaerin asked after a few minutes. Sandara shuddered and sent a surprised glance at the blonde.

„Oh, I’m sorry! Did I woke you up? I really didn't mean to…”

„No” she interrupted immediately. „It’s okay.”

The girl didn't reply to her question, so Chaerin sat up with her arms on her knees.

„You can’t sleep?” The answer was obvious. She wanted to know more the reason for her present state.

Sandara remained silent again and hung her head.

„I can help you” said Chaerin, and the girl started to shook her head. „Just tell me what’s wrong.”

„No. No, you can’t.” the brunette insisted. „I shouldn't have come here. What if someone saw us? Now you might got in trouble because of me.” The girl started panicking. She dropped her blanket and walked to her futon. Next to her bed lay her neatly folded mini dress, she grabbed it and headed towards the door, but stopped after a few steps.

„It’s not right” she muttered and turned back. She glanced down to Chaerin with forming tears in her eyes. „You were so nice to me. I have to gave back the pyjama and… I owe you a lot…”

She bowed her head again. Chaerin thought she stared at the dress in her hands, but actually she shut her eyes, because the tears slowly found a way to escape from her eyelids. „I have to pay it back, but if they find out...”

Her words did not make any sense. One thought led to another and Chaerin couldn't follow the line. The brunette was too upset and puzzled, she couldn't let her go back to the streets in this state. She might harm herself.

„Calm down. It’s okay…” said the blonde. She got up and approached the girl slowly. „You don’t have to pay back anything.” She reached out with her arms, but didn't hug the brunette for a few seconds. She wanted to wait for a sign from Sandara. If she didn't wanted her closeness Chaerin would not force it. But the girl stayed still. Her quiet cries became loud sobs when the blonde started to rub her back. Sandara held the blanket so tight, her knuckles turned white, and her shoulders were shaking. She even laid her head on Chaerin’s shoulder.

„You might be in trouble because of me. I’m so sorry.”

„No, I’m not.” The blonde told her again. „It’s okay.”

After a few minutes Sandara seemed to calmed down, her sobs stilled. She was actually too quiet, so that Chaerin became suspicious. She glanced down at the girl, who was still laying on her shoulder but with closed eyes.

„What the… Oh, c’mon! Don’t tell me she could…”

She couldn’t believe it! Sandara still had a bit troubled expression on her face, but she was definitely asleep.

Chaerin tried to be as gentle as she could while getting the exhausted girl back to a lying position. Still hugging the brunette, she turned both of them and led teh girl towards her futon. Sandara seemed to wake up for a moment, but she didn't fully regained her consciousness. She must’ve been really tired. Chaerin laid her down and covered her with blankets. She sat down next to Sandara on her own futon and just watched the pale girl for a while.

Signing, she leaned her chin on her hands and shook her head.

She didn't wanted to think about bad things. She didn't wanted to think about the pain this girl might’ve endured. How much difficulties she had to face, that in the end she just fell asleep on the shoulder of a complete stranger. She had to put these thought aside as well. She will fix this in the morning. She will come up with something to help Sandara. Maybe the brunette will even talk about her situation after a good night rest.

Maybe.

„Good night, Sandara.” Chaerin whispered, but the girl didn't answer. She just lay motionless. Chaerin smiled, then closed her eyes.

 


 

Sorry, I know that I take things really-really slowly, but I hope you are look forward to find out more about their lives and situations.

Hope you liked it!