My name is Chaerin

When the Bluebells were blooming

So here goes the first chapter. Hope you’ll like it.

 


 

The winter sky slowly covered itself with a purple blanket over the stout snow clouds. A storm is coming, she thought. The wind was rising stronger and stronger to the point she felt like little ice needles bite into her skin with every blow. She liked winter. It was a good opportunity to wear fancy and warm winter coats and boots, but this harsh weather wasn't too pleasant nor easy to bear.

She looked around the streets. It was only around 5 pm, the sun slowly hid under the horizon, but there weren’t many people to be seen. Maybe they had more sense than her and were heated under a thick blanket near a radiator while sipping their steaming tea. Soon she can follow their example, hopefully within only an hour. She wished that damned bus would arrive a little earlier. Standing there unmoving made the world even colder.

Chaerin heard knocking sounds suddenly. She turned her head to the left, but didn't find anything that could create noises like that, until a girl rounded the corner. The blonde thought her eyes were dazzling, but she wasn't wrong. The girl wore a dress. Rather short dress. The skirt barely reached the middle of her thighs and her arms were completely uncovered. The girl halted. She raised her shoulders, fisted her hands and stared at Chaerin. Maybe she was afraid? Her lips parted as if she wanted to say something, but no sound left . Her eyes were so empty, Chaerin wasn't even sure about whether the girl was really aware of her presence or not. She was trembling. It would be reasonable to think the weather caused the reaction, but it could also be due to the fear the girl must have felt. The brunette had an absolutely haunted look on her face.

A loud shout could be heard from the alley from which the girl came. She raised her head and glanced at the opening of the street, then looked back towards Chaerin. Then she finally realised it.

She was…

She was the girl from three weeks earlier. The one who worked at that suspicious club. The one a man wanted to „kidnap”. And someone was now chasing her.

Her chest rose and fell quickly, she was breathing really fast. The present situation reminded her to their first acounter, as if the girl asked for help silently again. She didn’t have time to think things through.

„Come here!” said Chaerin in surprisingly quiet tone, though loud enough for the girl to hear her words. The brunette looked nervous, but Chaerin urged her. She raised her hand towards the girl and spoke to her again, this time louder. „Hurry!”

The brunette rushed over as fast as her high-heels let her, then Chaerin quickly removed her coat, draped it over the girl’s shoulders and took off her cap.

„Hide your hair under it!” she instructed the girl, while opening her bag and pulled out another coat. Luckily she came to that part of the city today for clothes again. Now she had something to wear as well. It was still cold from being in that bag for so long, but it didn't matter right now. The girl’s lips were almost blue, and her skin looked as pale as the light snow around them. She needed her warmed coat more. As soon as the girl finished the procedure, Chaerin put her arm around her and pulled her into a close embrace. She did it right in time as two men turned around the corner running to their direction.

„Don’t look up!” she whispered to the girl when she saw as the brunette tried to glance at them. Her plan worked, the two men ran past them without slowing down even a bit.

They stayed unmoving for moments until they find it safe to part. Chaerin couldn't think straight about the events. She didn't even know what happened, or what was it about. She didn't understand why did she help the girl either. It was none of her business at all.

The arrival of the bus waked her up from her chaotic thoughts. The vehicle stopped in front of them and the doors opened immediately. Chaerin walked up the stairs and looked back over her shoulder. The brunette didn’t move an inch. She just stood there embracing herself with both of her arms and stared at Chaerin with a helpless look on her face.

The blonde had to decide. Within a few seconds she understood what consequences will she face if she chose between the two options. Neither of them seemed acceptable or easy to do. She knew what she was planning to do could go wrong really fast, but as she looked at the girl’s startled, hazel eyes, she was sure she does the right thing.

„Come” she said curtly. The driver cleared his throat behind her, but Chaerin didn't look at him. She just watched as the brunette carefully looked around the street, then biting down her lower lip she stepped up to the vehicle. The doors closed right away and they headed towards the end of the bus. They sat down next to each other, but neither of them said a word. They didn't even looked at each other. Nor moved at all. The brunette looked down at her hands in her lap the whole time, while Chaerin observed the world behind the dirty window thinking about what she should do about the situation.

She was sitting on a bus next to a stranger who probably has nowhere to go, and on top of that she is wearing her clothes. She had to solve this somehow.

Okay, just breath! – she thought. Step by step.

„Hey!” The girl cautiously looked at her, but didn't dare to look her in the eyes for too long. „I’m, uh… My name is Chaerin.”

It seemed the right start. She will figure out the rest later.

The girl muttered something but due to the noise of the bus and the whistling of the wind Chaerin couldn't hear it properly. She asked her to repeat it. The girl lifted her head and looked at her with a little bit more confidence.

„I’m Sandara.”

The blonde nodded indicating that she understood her words now as well as stating that she don’t have anything more to say on the matter for a while.

Until they had to get off the bus, she thought about her name. If she heard it right, it was a rather weird one. She wasn't sure if she even knew it existed.

It seemed mysterious. Just like the girl herself.

 


 

This is the end. I know it’s quite short, but I thought it’s enough for the start. I’ll probably write longer chapters later.

I hope I’ve aroused your curiosity about the story. Who is this mysterious girl exactly and why is she on the run? What will Chaerin do about the situation? I will reveal it in the next chapters. Please wait for them.