Home

When the Bluebells were blooming

Actually I wanted to wait at least a few days before posting this since I only updated the fic this week, but… to be honest I have a few chapters finished already. I just want to give it to you gusy, if you are interested ^^

I hope you will like it!

 


 

„Two orange juices, a cappuccino and three cherry pies. Two orange juices, a cappuccino and…” Sandara mumbled to herself as she was making her way back to the counter. Her memory was excellent, she wasn't afraid that she would forget the order – she wrote down it anyways – she was just very anxious in general. This job, as simple as it was, meant a great deal to her. She didn't want to anger the customers or her co-workers by making even one small mistake.

She got the three pie slices out of the glass counter, put it on plates with cake forks next to them. After that she poured the juice into clean glasses. The last was the coffee. That’s a tricky one, it took her over a week to learn how to make it when she got accepted to the restaurant. She got a lot better at it, but she couldn't ease her doubts in herself. When she was ready, she laid everything on a tray. Most of her colleges could deliver the heavy trays in one hand, she needed both.

The customers smiled at her gratefully when she gave them their food and drinks, then she bowed slightly and stepped back next to the counter with the tray still in her hands. She was proud of herself. For many years, people chanted in her ears that she was worthless and useless. Right now, even if she was a beginner, she did well with her job. After only three weeks she could master everything that was needed and her boss praised her often. It felt so good.

„You are everyone’s favourite.”

Sandara glanced back at the young girl. Hayi leaned on the wooden counter with a quirky smile on her face.

„Favourite?” She was a little surprized. Was that supposed to be a compliment? „Whose favourite?”

„Ev-ry-one” Hayi repeated laughing. „The guys love you and as I can see the customers see something in you as well.”

The brunette blushed heavily upon hearing this and started to shake her head in denial, when someone called for her.

„Yes?” She turned her head at their current bartender.

„Someone is looking for you.”

„For me?”

She was still confused but started to look for the person with her eyes. It wasn't hard to find her. Nobody has such vibrant red hair around here.

Bom waved at her with an uneasy smile on her face, not coming any closer from the doorstep.

„Go, unnie!” Hayi urged her. „It’s time for your lunch break anyway.”

 

It was a rather awkward situation at first. Sandara brought Bom back to the smaller one of the employee’s two dining rooms. There was only room for a little table and a few chairs. If someone wanted to be or eat alone, they would use this room.

„Isn’t it your lunch break?” Bom asked worriedly. „You should eat.”

„No, I’m okay. I still have enough time” Sandara shook her head with a smile. „Why are you here, Bom-ssi?”

It was weird, really. The last time they were alone was when Bom asked those hard questions from her. Though Sandara was reluctant to but she answered them after all. She was still uneasy with her and it seemed like Bom felt the same.

„I would like to ask from you a favour” she said eventually with a small sigh. „Though I guess I’m in no position to ask this, but it’s for Chaerin.”

„What about Chaerin?” She asked quickly. „Something happened?”

Bom eyed her for a while, but Sandara didn't averted her gaze like she always did. She looked serious, concentrating all her attention at her. The redhead realized again that Sandara truly cared about the blonde. Whatever relationship was that, simple roommates or friendship, it evolved quite quickly and it was genuine.

„Don’t be that serious” Bom told her playfully. „It’s not like I only show up in front of you, if I want to ask unpleasant things.”

„Uh, sorry I… I just…”

Now. This was the awkward Sandara she knew more.

„It’s about her birthday… I though you would find out right away I’m here because of it.”

Sandara looked startled. She leaned back in the chair staring at Bom wide eyed for a while, but the singer was patient. She just waited a bit until she opened up.

„Her birthday?”

„Yeah” Bom nodded. „No big deal. We wanted to throw a party and… well. You know when is her birthday, right?” When the brunette just shook her head she laughed. Though she was suspicious about everything involving Sandara, she couldn't help but find her cute. Her wholehearted reactions were absolutely cute. „Well, it’s on the 26th of February.”

„Wow, so soon? Oh my god, I didn't know.”

„I gathered as much” Bom chuckled again.

„What can I do?”

It was just as easy as she thought it would be.

„As I said, we want to throw a party for her. It’s top secret, you can’t tell Chaerin anything. But we need your help…”

~*~

At first she felt really bad about not knowing about Chaerin’s upcoming birthday. What if she would only found about it on the big day? Oh God, That would be so unfortunate. But right know everything was going just fine. Bom wanted her to ask her boss about whether they could held the party in the restaurant. He said he is more than happy to cooperate. He even added that Sandara will get her first paycheck on the same week a bit earlier. She even could buy something for Chaerin with her very own money! The very first thing she would own in her life. She wanted to do something for the blonde even if she could not return her generosity with taking Sandara into her own apartment without thinking twice.

The rest of the day the whole staff spoke about the big event. They wanted everything to be perfect, since Chaerin was like a sister to them. Sandara just sat nearby listening to their conversation with a smile. They were so enthusiastic! They said something about a previous party and how this one should be better than that.

„When was that?” Sandara took the courage to ask. Everyone's attention was turned towards her so she blushed immediately. „I mean… that party…”

„About five years ago” a young woman replied. „It was right after she got accepted, she was a little antisocial so we wanted to cheer her up with a surprise party.”

„Antisocial?” What? Chaerin looked anything but antisocial! She was always around people. The role model of being brave and firm. She couldn't imagine her to be an awkward teenager.

„You have no idea” laughed another staff member. Only a few of them knew her since then. Most of the workers left when they get back on their feet, just like the blonde herself.

The previous woman smiled at her kindly and reached at Sandara caressing gently her cheek. „You are so much like her at that time.” Then the smile turned into a bitter one for a second. As if she was remembering sad memories. The expression was quickly replaced with a genuine smile when someone made a joke about something, but Sandara couldn't hear any words after that.

Chaerin was unhappy? She knew the blonde could understand her struggles, but Sandara didn't even suspect that all of her understanding came from past experiences. Now she wanted to make Chaerin even more happy. That party indeed must be perfect! Her present have to be as well.

„Can… Can you…” She mumbled a bit, but surprisingly the most of the people turned to her again despite the loud noise they made. „I… I don’t know Chaerin for so long as you do. Perhaps can you help me with getting a good present for her?”

„Of course!”

„You can count on us!”

She didn't feel her colleagues so close to her like then. Maybe she will be able to deepen their relationship a bit after all.

 

~*~

 

On her way home her feet felt light. The snow was still thick and the night wind blew strongly, but inside her heart warmed up. She was just so happy.

Chaerin was such a nice person and now she had a chance to give back her kindness. She couldn't wait. Parties meant great amount of people - especially at YG, almost all of them were party goers -, but she didn't mind this time. She wanted Chaerin to be happy and have a good time on her birthday. That’s the least she could do.

When she arrived at the apartment, she found Chaerin there. Nowadays she got home earlier. She said she didn't have too much things to do, but it couldn't be true. She was preparing to release her firth full-length album, she worked really hard. But Sandara didn't mind. It meant they can spend a little more time together.

„I’m back!” She announced with a big grin on her face, and Chaerin looked up from her work. She sat on the couch with her laptop in her lap and her headphone covering her ears. When she saw the brunette, she pulled them down to her neck.

„Hey” she greeted Sandara with a smile. „You are early.”

The brunette removed her coat and boots quickly and turned to Chaerin still grinning like an idiot. She couldn't contain all the emotion nor could she hide it. And truthfully, she didn't even want to. It felt so nice to be happy. Like really, honestly and completely happy. It was so long ago when she felt this way…

„What are you smiling so much about?” Chaerin asked putting the laptop on the couch and stood up. „Something good happened?”

„Nothing special” Sandara shook her head. She couldn't tell it. Bom made it clear two or three times that she have to be careful. „It was a hard day at work so I’m happy I’m home now.”

Chaerin took a few steps towards her and stopped right in front of the brunette. She was taller but with only one or two centimeters. It wasn't even that visible, but now she looked down at Sandara with great interest.

„Wow, look at you.” Chaerin said with a quiet chuckle. When Sandara just glanced up at her with curiosity in her eyes and smile on her lips, she continued. „You said, it’s your home.”

The grin didn't disappear from her face but she averted her gaze blushing a little. Chaerin waited until Sandara looked back at her laughing a bit.

„Ah… my bad”

„No, no. It’s fine” Chaerin stated quickly circling her arm around the brunette’s shoulders leading her towards the couch. „I’m glad you think about my apartment as your home. It makes me happy.”

Her smile disappeared now. She was too embarrassed, so she just look down at her feet, but her heart beat rapidly. It was so quick she was afraid she is having a heart attack. Chaerin’s arm around her shoulders felt warm and gentle yet firm. It felt safe.

With Chaerin she was safe. Something she longed for years now. She found it. Finally found it.

Maybe it was exaggerating to say so after only three weeks of living together, but she really felt like this. For Sandara, home was where Chaerin was.

 


 

What is home for you?