Questions

When the Bluebells were blooming

Today was my first day at uni. ^^ And for god’s sake the only thing that was on my mind that I need to come back to the dorm quickly so I can finish editing on this chapter as soon as possible. What a trash I am…

Anyway. At the end of the previous chapter I asked you about whether do you want to read some real ChaeRa stuff and I was about to write it actually, but… well, to be honest I’m not good at writing intense scenes. I’m just not comfortable with it yet though I have no problem with reading anything in this matter. But it’s still just the beginning, maybe I will have more courage later. Wish me luck!

Hope you will like this chapter! :)

 


 

It took her long, silent minutes to realize that was her first time seeing the girl dressed up like this. Of course on the day when that man wanted to drag her into his car or when those two s was chasing her she wore similar dresses, but Chaerin didn't notice it. It wasn't the matter. The sorrow and despair radiating from the brown irises attached Chaerin eyes more.

But now, god...

Sandara wore a simple, loose  black dress. The layered skirt didn't reach her knees, and the straps nicely framed her shoulders. Though they were nearly the same height the blonde only noticed now how much is the difference between their physique. The dress that followed the lines of her body perfectly, looked completely different on the girl.

Chaerin just watched the brunette for a while. As she was nervously tugging at the material of the dress, the blonde stared at her graceful movements. She was gorgeous. Not only her face which covered in the little makeup here and there, but her body and overall appearance as well.

"Do I look weird?" asked the girl slightly worried, with her hands still on the skirt trying to pull it down a bit more.

"Weird?!" Chaerin was startled. "What are you talking about? You look awesome. It really suits you."

Sandara’s cheeks turned visibly red and she lowered her head in embarrassment. Chaerin just chuckled at that, than stepped to the dining table where her purse laid.

„Time to leave now.”

She reached for the doorknob when she realized that Sandara remained there glancing down at her shoes with a troubled expression on her face. Chaerin thought that they were already over this. Sandara rarely show this timid behavior towards the blonde anymore, but now here they were again. But this time it didn't annoyed her. No. She was worried about the girl actually.

„Sandara” called at her quietly. The brunette glanced at her biting down on her lower lip. She looked like a fragile little flower with delicate dark petals as the night sky. „If you don’t want to come, you don’t have to.” When she didn't reply, Chaerin just sighed. „I can stay at home with you if you want me to.”

„Oh, no!” said the girl right away lifting up her hands in defence. „You must go. It’s an important party, right?”

„And what about you?”

„I would like to come, I really do” admitted the girl. „But uh… I’m a little nervous. Is this… er… These parties are, you know… big and…”

She is scared – thought Chaerin. It made the corners of curled up a little. How cute this girl could be?

„Come here” she asked Sandara with her arm pointing at her. The brunette obeyed the kind order and stepped closer to the blonde. Chaerin took her left giving her a squeez. „Yes” She nodded with a smile. „These are kinda big parties we have. But the atmosphere is good and everybody is friendly with each other. You don’t have to be afraid of anything. And I will be there too. I will take care of you. Do you trust me?” Sandara just nodded with a faint but sincere smile. „Let’s go then. Get your coat.”

 

~*~

 

The party was indeed very big. Their CEO rented out a giant conert hall to host all his employees and their guests. So much people gathered together that Sandara became nervous when they entered the fancy room. It didn't help much that all the people stared at her as if she was an interesting animal in the zoo. No wonders, she was already famous among the agency as ’CL’s mysterious new roommate’.

„You are finally here!” screamed someone and the two female looked at the source of the voice. A tall guy approached them with a bright and cute smile on his face. He was tall and his dressing stlye was a bit fierce despite his adorable eye-smile so Sandara unconsciously stepped closer to Chaerin.

„Youngbae boy, hey!” greeted the male Chaerin immediately and gave him a hug.

Like the fierce-looking boy, many others came and greeted the blonde, and during the process some even waved at Sandara in a friendly manner or smiled at her. This gave her courage and she tried to do the same by smiling at the people around her shyly. Many demanded to get to know the ’newby’ but Chaerin didn't really let them. She thought that Sandara was shocked enough to be there.

The party was indeed a big deal. Sandara knew that it was dedicated to the honor of a rapper duo that won awards for their new single and the girl did not recognize them when the two stepped on the stage to great everyone. But when they sung a short part of the song she already knew. She heard them in the radio.

They were…

She looked at the stage with open wide, then glanced at Chaerin who was clapping her hands enthusiastically.

Then she suddenly remembered. She met that guy earlier. He was the one who asked what did she do in the building of the agency the day when Chaerin brought her in.

And that means…

She watched as ’G-Dragon and TOP’ left the stage and the party has offically begun. Some started to dance to the music while others went to grab something to drink.

„Hey” Chaerin started to shout in her ear because of the loud music. „Come, let’s get a drink!” She grabbed the brunette’s hand and pulled her to the bar „Would you like something?”

„No, I’m okay” She answered forcing a smile.

„You sure?” asked Chaerin. She hoped Sandara didn't feel uncomfortable and that she was just shy. „It’s free. You can drink whatever you want.”

Sandara just repeated her previous reply again trying to seem cheerful, than Chaerin asked for something the girl couldn’t hear properly. But seeing the small size of the cup, it must have been something hard.

She didn't feel like drinking at all. She was still shocked. She knew that Chaerin worked with some big artists, but not this big like those two. She felt a bit dizzy. This wasn't her world at all. This was just too weird.

Though Sandara didn't enjoy the party that much at first, Chaerin sure as hell did. She drank a few more glasses of alcohol but have not gone far. She danced a lot as well with the girl called Minji - as Sandara found out later – but they never left the brunette alone. Either a kind redhead, Bom took care of her or some back up dancers Sandara met on her first day during the dance practice. They kept her company and had small-talks about the agency, Chaerin, other friends, or of course GD&TOP since the party was in their honor. Sandara was a little bit afraid of the many people that wanted to get to know her without a relevant reason, but they indeed seemed friendly and nice without any bad intentions.

Even that one trainee boy by the name Seungri. Sandara thought he wanted to do something bad to her when he approached them with strong steps, but in reality he was just really enthusiastic about everything.

Though the music was a bit loud and the people a bit too drunk for her liking, she enjoyed the event so far to her own surprize. She felt really anxious when she was surrounded by this much people, but they were harmless… mostly.

The thing that tilted the seesaw of events at the other side with a great rapidity was caused by the one person Sandara wouldn't suspect. She was alone at that moment. Everybody went to watch that drinking competition between the rapper duo and other people and the mass was chanting their names loudly. The brunette didn't like these loud situations so she just sat down on a bar stool.

„Are you sure you don’t want to drink something?” asked her the bartender. The girl just shake her head with a smile. She had her reasons about denying alcohol but she appreciated the man’s kindness. „What about some juice or water? We have really tasty orange juices.”

She took her time considering the offer. She was thirsty to tell the truth, but she didn't want to accept anything from a stranger. Who know what they had put into the glass without her knowing. She was careful. More than that was necessary.

„Sandara-ssi, right?” the man sent her a questioning look and the brunette noded. „I don’t want to force you. Tell me to stop if you are uncomfortable. But I don’t want you to became sick by avoiding drinking anything.”

The bartender has meet people in his life who resisted alcohol for some personal reasons. Some just couldn't drink it due to a liver malfunction, others just didn't like it. But there were nobody who drink nothing, not even water. He felt bad for the girl. It was weird, but the girl seemed so tiny and cute, he just had the desire to protect her from any harm. She was more than charming. A lonely mouse surronded by wild cats.

„I’m sorry that you have to be worried about me” said Sandara with a faint smile. „But I’m really okay. Thank you for your consideration.”

The elder man wanted to say more but the next minute the crowd started to scream really loudly. Maybe one of the drinking game had a winner already. Sandara looked at the mass with her eyes searching for the blonde but she was nowhere to be seen.

The brunette wasn't worried though. She was sure Chaerin had fun so it was okay if she didn't pay attention to her. She already felt like an intruder, it was easier to just sit there chatting with people if somebody felt like keeping her company. If there were none, that was also fine with her.

She just turned her head back to the man when someone circled their arm around her shoulder pulling her to their body. The slow, but forceful movement was so sudden, for a moment she didn't know what to do. The shock sent chills down her spine and she stiffened her body. The girl even had to steady herself by grabbing the edge of the bar counter.

„Sandara-aaah! Are you having fun?” came the rather high-pitched voice from her left. The girl turned her head and saw as the one and only Lee Chaerin bent down her body so that she couldn't even see her face.

„Ch-Chaerin-ah, what are you…” But she had no opportunity to finish her sentence as strength left the blonde’s body. She could no longer hold her own weight and the task to keep her on her feet landed on Sandara. She tried to grab the drunk Chaerin shoulders as fast as possible so they won’t fell straight to the floor, but it was hard.

„Chaerin-ah… Hey, Chaerin-ah!” Sandara called her name, and the blonde eventually raised her head and looked her in the eyes. At first she was a little disoriented but then the corners of curled up into a small smile.

„I finally found you” She told Sandara in a husky tone. „Where were you? Did you see it? I beat Daesung oppa!”

Chaerin still leaned against her body heavily and she couldn't hold her up for too long. Not to mention she didn't know how the handle drunk people. One minute they were all kind and lovey-dovey but when they lose their temper they could become aggressive. She hoped the blonde won’t hit hear like those people. She seemed nice.

„Chaerin-ah, please…” She tried to help the other in a steady standing position but she failed. The blonde wasn't too heavy but Sandara had without doubt not too much physical strength.

„It was soooo cool, ya know, like… I was soo cool!” continued Chaerin her report on the events. She closed her eyes and grinned wholeheartedly.

„Chaerin-ah” The girl called her name again with a worried expression. Her arms were tired and the blonde was still too wobbly to stand on her own.

„Wassup’ Sandara?” She asked with a little chuckle. The brunette was shocked. This was the first time she said her name so casually without any honorifics. She was wondering whether Chaerin would do this in a sober state as well or not. „Why’re ya so excited? Sumthin’ good happened, hm?”

She leaned closer to the girl and pushed her cheek against Sandara’s shoulder pit.

The girl was more and more desperate. She looked at the bartender in hope he would help her out, but he was busy with serving people. Nobody saw her. It was still semi-darkness in the room paired up with throbbing music from the loudspeakers.

Suddenly Chaerin threw her arms around the brunette’s neck hiding her face in the other female’s neck. For a while she couldn’t even react, she just stood there in the blonde’s tight embrace while Chaerin started to move her body rocking themselves back and forth as if they were dancing to a slow music, not the EDM song that was currently on.

It was weird to have someone this close to her body, but to her surprize she didn't feel the discomfort she thought she would. The situation was unfamiliar but nowhere near disturbing. Sandara thought it must be due to Chaerin’s gender. If it was a man, she wouldn't let him hug her, but Chaerin didn't want to cause her any harm. It was just thoughtless hugging, right?

„Chaerin-ah? We have to sit down, I can’t hold you up anymore” She told the blonde with a sincere smile on her lips. The situation was a little funny if she thought about it. Chaerin behaved weird but in a good way. It was entertaining to listen to her childish way of speaking.

„No, please” Chaerin mumbled. Her hot breath against Sandara exposed skin sent shivers down her spine. „Let’s stay here, okay? It’s good. I like this song.” She tightened her arms so the brunette could no longer move that freely. Her upper arms were locked in Chaerin’s steel grip. Even in a drunken state she was surprisingly strong.

So they continued to sway slowly to the party music for a while. Sandara couldn’t do anything about it anyway. At least Chaerin started to gain her steadiness back and she didn't put all her weight on the petite girl.

„You smell nice…” She was able to understand the blonde’s low tone when the music switched and only the voices of the crowd would be heard. Sandara glanced down at the drunk girl and kept thinking about what to do with this information. It was just an innocent statement, wasn’t it? She had chosen to act instead of saying anything. With a little effort she could peel Chaerin arms off of herself and grabbed her forearms, than said. „Come now, Chaerin-ah. We should sit down a little.”

The blonde was staring at her a little blankly and than smiled. „You found your voice. I’m glad.” She raised her right hand and brushed the brunette’s loose hair behind her ear. „Now, you are ordering me around.”

„Uh, I… I wasn’t…” Sandara started defensively but the blonde just laughed at her. Her voice was a little husky and deep. It was like melting dark chocolate to her ears. „It wasn’t my intention to be rude.”

Chaerin didn’t seem to be offended at all. She was laughing even more. Sandara released her other arm and the blonde stepped away instantly spinning around her heels like a little child on the playing ground.

„Watch out!” Tried the girl shouting over the noise. „Don’t fall.”

Chaerin was about to run through the crowd when someone stopped her by her waist. To Sandara’s relief it was Bom and she dragged the blonde back to the brunette’s side. The redhead looked happy as well and her cheeks were pink. Though she didn’t seem drunk, she must’ve as well had her share of alcohol that night.

„What the hell. She’s totally wasted” noted Bom chuckling.

„Unnie” mumbled the blonde letting her friend circling her arm around her shoulders. „You found me.”

„It was not that hard” answered the redhead than looked at Sandara. „What should we do with this girl, hm?”

The brunette felt a bit uneasy in this situation so she just bit her lower lip.

„I guess the party is over for her now” sighed the oldest of them still not breaking her smile. „It’s 4 am anyway, the others wouldn't last long neither. Could you please get both of your coats? I will take you home with my car.”

 

~*~

 

Chaerin was very lively during their trip back to the apartmen so Sandara thought she would never fall asleep but shockingly when her head hit the pillow, she just passed out right away.

„Do you think she will be alright?” asked the brunette to which Bom just laughed.

„One time she drank herself literally under the table and she even survived that. She will be just fine.” The older looked at the snoring blonde and smiled. „Though if I were you I would put some painkillers to armreach when she wakes up. It will be a heavy headache.”

„Oh, okay.” Nodded Sandara. „I hope it won’t be too bad.”

Bom eyed the girl with a questioning look, but the brunette never noticed. She watched Chaerin with concern, though the blonde at the moment looked just fine.

She’s a good person – thought Bom. I still have to do this though.

„Sandara-ah” Upon hearing her name the girl looked up. „Can you give me a glass of water, please?”

„Ah, of course.” The girl her heels instantly and reached for the cupboard. „Would you like to drink mineral or tap water?”

„Tap water would be fine, thanks.”

Bom sat down at the dining table and short after Sandara followed her example. The room was dark only illuminated by the faint light of the little lamp in the kitchen. It was enough for them to see each other’s faces and dim enough not to wake up Chaerin.

Bom sipped from her water than put down her glass looking at the girl in the eyes.

„What do you think about Chaerin?” She asked in a low tone.

Sandara was perplexed for a moment than said. „I think she is really kind and hard-working.”

„Yeah” nodded Bom with a smile. „She sure is.”

She grabbed her glass and drink a few more gulps in order to win some time to think. It wasn't an easy conversation she was about the start.

Sandara noticed the change in her behavior and her brain started her usual defense mechanism. The girl looked down at her hands that laid on the top of the table. She was afraid Bom would ask the questions she was about to avoid at any cost. And she was damn right.

Her voice was no louder than a whisper.

„She is a very good person. Protective of the people she thinks need help.” Bom looked at the girl intently but she avoided her gaze. „She understands people’s sufferings trough her own past experiences.” Sandara knew where they were heading but she prayed the redhead would just stop and leave. She was not ready to talk about it… any of it. „And she understands you as well though she knows barely anything about you.” The brunette closed her eyes thight in hope that will stop the sounds entering her ears as well, but it’s not how it works. She couldn't just shut Bom’s voice out so easily. „She’s really kind” Bom repeated again. „That’s why she never asks anything, she doesn't want to push you. But it’s been more than two weeks since she took you in. It can’t go on forever, I hope you understand. Chaerin won’t ask you this, but as her friend, I feel responsible about her well-being as much as she’s responsible for you now. So please tell me: who are you exactly?”

 


 

 

I know, I didn't go into the details of the party, and this chapter in overall not the best, but it’s already so long, I didn't want to write anything unnecessary so I can post it sooner. (Not to mention that I usually write all the chapters in Hungarian than I translate it to English later, but now I wrote it straight in English.) Or do you think I should add more scenes? Is it better if I write more details and conversations or is it better like this, having only what’s important? Or perhaps do you have any suggestions about my writing style? I’m still not that used to writing in English. Hope it’s not that bad to read.