Bright

When the Bluebells were blooming

OMG I’m so mad :’D I finished this like two weeks ago, but our dorm is out of internet now, because some server just went dead or something…? Anyway, I took my laptop and went to find this café with free wifi so I can update this.

So. I was about to post this and the previous chapter together, but I decided to split them up. I like it more this way.

Hope you enjoy!

 


 

It was CL, she knew it. Not that there was such a big difference between Chaerin and CL, they were both the same person of course, but different aspects. Like different sides of the very same coin.

And how much she admired both, only CL wasn’t around that often. So she cherished the times when she was able to see her. Even for a minute or second.

She was beautiful, as always. Long, blonde locks, slightly wavy framing her toned shoulders. Her position strong and fierce, radiating power, demanding all eyes to set on her. Clothes vibrant and interesting, but even they couldn’t steal the spotlight from the gorgeous face and the melody escaping the full lips.

So she did make a comeback, and what a strong one in her opinion.

That was it, The baddest female. Not only the title of the song she performed, but also herself, living up to her name well.

"’The hell’s she doin’, eh?" The rude, slurred voice attracted her attention and Sandara turned towards the man. More like a dwarf. A very-very unpleasant and drunk dwarf. He wore an expensive looking suit – like every guest there ever – and a golden watch. Probably wasn’t as fake as the man himself. He had his arms around two girl on both sides of him, one of them with a mic in her hands, singing to the song the karaoke machine played.

"Excuse me" Sandara muttered bowing all the way down to her knees and reached for the door knob. She only came by to deliver the drinks, and when she looked up at the TV screen, she forgot everything. The world around her disappeared right away, and she could only see the blonde queen, nothing else. How much she missed her. How much she tried not to think about her. For a moment she escaped that hell and was part of another world, again together with Chaerin, feeling her hands circling her body protectively but… but she had to woke up from that dream. It wasn’t real. Not anymore. Sometimes she questioned herself whether it really happened at all. It seemed so faraway now, so distant. Like another life.

"Get the out!" Shouted the man after her even though she was about to close the door. She glanced at Chaerin for the last time on the screen, then her heels. With one hand she clutched the tray against her chest and headed down the dark hallway only lit up by angry, red lights. She hated this deep red and missed the soothing yellow…

"Sandy, come here!" She halted immediately turning back. She bit her lower lip in fear she will get yelled at, and she was right.

A bulky man stepped in front of her, none other than Han Gongki, the right hand of the owner of the club, also the man who is responsible for making her life absolutely miserable. Ever since their encounter in that dark alley, she only feared him more. Not because what he could do to her, but also because of his treats against Chaerin.

Sandara didn't move and inch, she was unable to. She only saw the man smirking for a moment before that smile turned into and evil twitch and he grabbed her left hand forcefully. Normally it wouldn't hurt her that much, but since that arm was actually bandaged up due to a recent injury, she couldn't help but yelp in pain while dropping the tray down. The man covered with his other hand squeezing her cheeks painfully in an iron grip.

"What did you not understand about ’being invisible’?" Asked the man not really waiting for the answer. His eyes were dark, full of venom. "A little filth like you should just do what you are asked. Nothing else. You take the ing orders and deliver them like an obedient you are, then leave, you understand? Don’t disturb the guests since you are already ing useless."

He released Sandara pushing her against the wall while walking past her with strong steps.

Shivering, she picked the tray up with her good hand and sticked the other one close to her abdomen protectively. Up untill now she became familiar with the pulsing ache, now she felt almost as bad as when she got it. But she didn't whine, not even twisted her face.

This was nothing, she could take it. And she will take it. She have to…

Chaerin was beautiful – the image entered her mind once again. She remembered her soothing voice singing beautiful melodies for her. Before she could stop herself, Sandara started whispering one of Chaerin’s songs in a barely audible tone, as she wouldn’t dare to do it any louder. This was a small ritual she did often as it was the only thing that could calm her down in a relatively short time.

So the blonde is doing great. She finally released her fantastic album and owns the world with her talent.

Sandara was glad, really. She couldn’t be more happier that now Chaerin was doing what she loved to do. But why did it hurt so much that she couldn’t see it, or talk about it with her. That she can’t be with her anymore.

In a minute she was back in the kitchen and put the tray down onto the counter. Apart from her, three girls sat on a small bench waiting for the orders they have to deliver. Such young faces that should be full of hope. They only problem should have been school or what should they wear for dates. And yet their eyes were empty, not even a sparkle to be found in them. They were newbies, barely arriving there before Sandara escaped. They still needed the ’training’, but the brunette wished they should always stay waitresses. That job was the easiest one, free from the dirty hands grabbing their flawless skin.

Two of them seemed to be from the Philippines, but the other looked different. Maybe vietnamese – Sandara thought. She will find out later.

"Unnie…" one of the girls called her, when she sat down next to them. She was the only one who could speak Korean with confidence. This knowledge will only cause her to be ’promoted’ way sooner than the other two. "Are you alright?"

"Of course" Sandara sent them a reassuring smile. "Everything is fine."

What a lie, and how smoothly down. It was her profession, after all. Showing happiness and pleasure when she was actually disgusted and afraid.

"And your arm?"

She glanced down at the white material covering the limb. She was almost sure that one bone was broken. When she was a child she broke her arm, except it was the other one. The feeling was awfully similar to that one. That time she received a plaster and wasn't allowed to attend PE classes for four weeks. Her mother bought her chocolate that day to cheer her up. Now it was only a dirty and used bandage and this waitress task given to her as she could do nothing else at the moment. It was a bad thing to think, but she actually was really relieved that she was injured. This way she couldn't work that hard, but the fact that they cared so little about the injury scared her. If it isn’t treated right, her arm will never fully heal or be like it was before. That would be really unfortunate, losing her arm like that.

At least it didn't hurt that much anymore.

"It’s okay." She just smiled again.

Yes. It could be worse. Everything could be so much more worse.

The day she came back, the head of the club demanded an explanation for her disappearance. She couldn’t give one, but she only got slapped on the cheek as a punishment. Han Gongki wore rings when he did that, so her skin split up a bit, but it wasn’t that bad. She had worse before. The things only turned into another direction, when he shoved her into the small room all the girls shared and she fell to the floor. Her arm got stuck underneath herself and for several seconds she didn’t even know something was up. She only felt the pain half a minute later, but oh god, it hurt then, more than she could imagine. The owner didn’t believe her that her arm was injured at all, he though she was pretending, and it took the other girls two days of begging to get her even that smelly, used bandage. Those two days were spent in agony as her arm got swollen and purple around the injured area. She could barely moved her fingers then, but she can now, thankfully.

It’s really okay. This is something she could survive.

Though sometimes she though maybe she could cope with all this so well, because her heart ached way more. What gave her nightmares now wasn't this horrendous place, or the men that worked there. It was her new life, without Chaerin. It was the possibility, if she will ever disobey something again, they will hurt the blonde. Every night she was dreaming about Chaerin getting beaten up, or even worse and all is because of her.

That is way worse than any pain her body could ever experience.

"It’s really okay" she told the girls again, looking a bit more confident. "Don’t ever worry about me. Just try and not get in trouble, okay? Be good. The best thing you can do is being good all the time."

The three girls nodded, though she doubted that the other two even understood what was she saying. But she had to say it. The only way you will ever survive this hell, if you are a good girl and strong enough to wait for them to release you. Sandara heard of girls that they let go eventually. They threatened them that if they ever tell anyone anything about it, their families will suffer and that they will watch her, but at least they were somewhat free.

Sandara, on the other hand was almost sure, that she didn’t have such good chances. She never had, actually. She often disobeyed orderes right from the beginning and was probably the worst at their job there ever. That’s why she ran away in the first place. She knew that the only way she will leave that club will be with her in a coffin. If they ever spend money on a coffin, of course.

But it was okay.

How much she told herself this one sentence during this past two weeks and how much she will in the future. But it really didn’t matter, she will suffer if she had to.

If they leave Chaerin out of this horrible mess, she will just take it without so much as a whimper.

 


 

I know I take things really fast, but… I just couldn’t resist, this is the part I want to write the most. But the two weeks in between isn’t just lost, I will reveal what happened after Sandara ran away later when the right time comes.

I’m just… I’m just really excited. Hope you will like where I am going with this.