Chapter 8

Secrets

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry for the late update again. I just travelled back to New York for College and settled down a few days ago. Still rather jetlagged and so on... Thank you so much for your comments!! In the last chapter, someone mentioned about a YulSic kiss scene and love scene. I made a kiss scene in the chapter (lol my first time writing it so......), but I am not sure about the love scene, nonetheless, I will try my best :) As always, please leave comments to the story!!

 

Chapter 8

 

Sunny hurried her team to the warehouse when they heard the gunshots from within. She was right not to believe in fate after all, something must be going on inside.

 

She ordered her team to place a bomb on the entrance to open the gates. When her team finished placing the bomb, they backed off and waited.

 

3… 2… 1… BOOM!!

 

The explosion created a huge hole on the warehouse. Sunny gestured her team to rush in quietly and search for the wanted prisoner, Kwon Yuri. She had a strong feeling Yoona would be in there too.

 

They had their flashlights on, searching from within the dusty area. Sunny divided her team into two; one to the right and one to the left. She stayed in the center to speculate the situation.

 

They spotted injured men everywhere, but still no sign of the wanted prisoner. Sunny ordered the squad to get everyone back to headquarters, she had a feeling they would know more than what they have. She carefully inspected everyone, until she heard a cough on the right side.

 

She spotted a blonde woman and a black-haired woman. Sunny rushed to them, holding her gun.

 

It was Yoona.

 

Sunny took off her mask.

 

“Yoona!”

 

Yoona looked at the woman in front of her, she recognizes the woman.

 

“Sunny-unnie!” Yoona coughed, “Thank god you are here!”

 

“You’ve got some explaining to do.” Sunny said, “I will get my team to you two out.”

 

Yoona and Jessica nodded. Sunny gestured one of her teammates and she escorted them out.

 

“Please…” Jessica said to Sunny, “Please find Yuri.” Then she was dragged out by Yoona and Sunny’s teammate.

 

Sunny continued to search through the warehouse. Suddenly, a teammate approached her.

 

“Sunny!” It was Taeyeon, “We have spotted Yuri over on the other side.”

 

Sunny nodded and followed Taeyeon to the other side of the warehouse. She found a girl lying on the floor, unconscious. She touched her pulse; it was still there, but it was weak.

 

“Quick!” Sunny ordered, “Get her treated to the hospital!”

 

---

 

Jessica woke up smelling the sanitizing stench of the hospital. She opened her eyes almost immediately when she found where she was.

 

“Hey.”

 

Jessica looked to the side and sat up; it was Yoona.

 

“Hey.”

 

“How are you feeling?” Yoona asked as she adjusted the pillow for Jessica.

 

“I’m okay.”

 

“Sunny-unnie’s team managed to capture everyone. Park Jin Young escaped though, but they’ve put on a search warrant for him.” Yoona said.

 

Jessica nodded. Then she remembered someone she desperately wants to see.

 

“Where is Yuri?” She asked.

 

“She’s… on the other side of the room resting.” Yoona said as she bit her lip.

 

“Can I go see her?”

 

Yoona looked at her for a second, then she nodded.

 

---

 

Yuri got up feeling rather light-headed. She shook her head to gain a clearer vision, then she looked around, and found herself in the hospital… again.

 

The door swung open, and two women, whom she knew, came in. Jessica smiled when she saw Yuri. It was a big relieve to see her alive and breathing, because she was not just anyone; she was very important to Jessica.

 

“Hey.” Jessica smiled and said.

 

“Hey.” Yuri smiled too.

 

“You feeling okay?”

 

“Never better.”

 

The two continued staring at each other. Each being relieved that the other was alive and well after the huge disaster. Yuri’s sacrifice was something that Jessica would never forget, because she had, too, fallen for the girl.

 

“Yoona, can you give us a few minutes?” Jessica asked.

 

Yoona looked at the two patients, and nodded hesitantly. She turned and left the room, leaving the two behind.

 

Jessica walked towards Yuri’s bed and sat on the chair besides it. She took Yuri’s hand and held it.

 

“I am so glad you are okay.” Jessica smiled and she caressed the hand, “You have no idea how scared I was.”

 

“I am still in one piece now, right?” Yuri asked jokingly, she held her thump on top of Jessica’s hand and caressed her hand.

 

They both laughed.

 

“I hate you!” Jessica laughed as she hit Yuri’s arm.

 

“Ouch!” Yuri pretended that her arm was hurt, “Careful, I am an injured patient here!”

 

“Serves you right for scaring me!”

 

They both laughed for another while they calmed down.

 

“Yuri, I have something to tell you.” Jessica turned serious and bit her lip. She took a deep breath. This is it!

 

“I like you.” She said.

 

Yuri stared at her. To be honest, she had also fallen for the girl too, but given her status, she knew for sure that she would not be able to provide a stable life for Jessica. It was love without any results.

 

She hung her head low, “When did you know this?”

 

“From the moment you rescued me, I couldn’t imagine the thought of losing you.” Jessica said, “That’s when I realized I have fallen for you.”

 

Jessica caressed Yuri’s cheek and jaw. The two stared at each other for a while, before Jessica leaned closer and closer to her lips. When they finally touched, there was a tingling sensation for Jessica; it was as if something within her sparked.

 

It was a pleasant sensation, almost ecstatic. Jessica pushed in deeper to Yuri’s lips; her hands sliding up from her chest to the back of her neck, pulling the girl towards her. Jessica was scared, because Yuri is not kissing back.

 

Yuri on the other hand, was struggling. She was having an inner battle to resist this temptation from Jessica. She wanted Jessica, but she knew for a fact that this love would not end up anywhere. But her inner will could not resist it any longer. She gave in and kissed back.

 

Kissing Jessica was like eating Mochi. Her lips were sweet and soft, not to mention tasty. It was addictive. She wants more of Jessica after every second. Her tongue roamed around Jessica’s lips, gaining for entry. When she finally entered , she was engaged into a tongue battle with the latter.

 

It was like gambling; they had no will power to withdraw themselves. But they finally pulled apart when there was a lack of oxygen, and they leaned towards each other’s forehead, breathing heavily.

 

“We can’t…” Yuri managed to say.

 

Jessica got off from Yuri’s hold.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“You and I… are impossible.”

 

Jessica could feel tears up her eyes.

 

“Just forget what I did.” Yuri said and bit her lip.

 

“Don’t you have any bit of feelings for me?”

 

Don’t do this, please Jessica…

 

“No…” Yuri managed to lie.

 

“Then why did you kiss me back?”

 

“I thought of you as Tiffany. That’s why.” Yuri looked away from Jessica.

 

Those tears finally dropped from Jessica’s eyes. She looked away and wiped her tears with the back of her hands. It was all her alone, her one-sided love. She got up with her hand covering and slammed the door when she left the room.

 

A single tear dropped from Yuri’s eyes.

 

I’m sorry… You deserve someone better.

 

---

 

Yoona was patiently waiting outside of Yuri’s room. She was damn jealous of Yuri, because Jessica loved her. She would do anything for Jessica’s love, but the girl just could not return it.

 

The door slammed open, and an angry Jessica got out. Yoona was shell-shocked from the impact, but she recovered quickly and followed the running Jessica.

 

“Hey Jessica!”

 

The latter ignored her, and Yoona continue to chase her. Their chase led them to the hospital roof. Then Jessica finally stopped and dropped on the floor.

 

Yoona watched from behind, carefully approaching the girl.

 

“Jessica, you okay?”

 

Jessica looked behind. Yoona gasped, because Jessica was in tears.

 

“What happened?” Yoona asked cautiously.

 

Jessica just cried. Yoona went to her and squatted down until she was in equal level with the latter. She gave Jessica a hug from behind.

 

“Just cry it all out. You will be fine.” Yoona whispered and her back.

 

“It was all my one-sided love.” Jessica cried, “It was me all along. She doesn’t love me.”

 

Yoon continued to hug her.

 

“That means you probably deserve someone better than her.” Yoona said obliviously. That means someone like me who will risk everything for you… heehee J

 

Jessica continued to cry, until she was too tired to say anything else.

 

“Thanks Yoona.” Jessica said at last after wiping away her last bit of tears.

 

“No problem. I will always be there for you.” Yoona said and broke off from the hug.

 

They both laughed. Jessica smiled, her puffy eyes stretched. It looked like rabbits’ eyes but Yoona find it cute anyways.

 

“Speaking of which, Yoona, I haven’t seen you in a long time.” Jessica said, “You used to be a lot shorter than I was. But now….” Jessica looked up, “You became the giant.”

 

“It’s milk, Jessica.” Yoona smiled, “Protein gives you growth.”

 

“But I prefer your long hair in the old days.”

 

Yoona wrinkled her nose for a bit.

 

“Am I not pretty with my short hair, huh?” I swear I am going to keep my long hair next time… Why did I listen to Seohyun about getting a haircut… damn…

 

“It’s pretty, but long hair definitely suits you better.” Jessica smiled.

 

Yoona pretended to laugh and showed off her white teeth.

 

“Get some rest tonight, Sica-unnie.” Yoona said, suddenly serious.

 

“I will.” Jessica nodded.

 

“I will always be there for you when you need me.”

 

“Thanks Yoona.” Jessica smiled sincerely. She can always count on Yoona for being there.

 

“Do you want to grab some coffee?” Yoona asked. Her eyes poked up with hope?

 

“Sure.” Jessica smiled. She has not talked with Yoona in a long time. There is definitely some time to spare and catch up on their friendship.

 

“Yay!” Yoona jumped up like a little girl who just won a teddy bear from a lottery, “Let’s go to the Peets Café downstairs then?”

 

“Fine with me.”

 

“Okay. Race to the place!” Yoona said as she dashed for the door.

 

Jessica blinked twice before realizing what Yoona just said. She shook her head; Yoona definitely has not changed a bit.

 

---

Spoiler alert: This is not the end yet! Muhahahahaha!!