Chapter 13 - The Twist to a Happy Ending

Secrets

 

Chapter 13 – The Twist to a Happy Ending

 

(Going back to the beginning of chapter 12)

 

Seohyun drove her car; her eyes never leaving the BMW in front of her. The traffic in New York City can be a pain, but thanks to that, she was able to follow whoever she wants.

 

The BMW had a swift turn to the left suddenly, and Seohyun knew perfectly that this would lead her to a narrow alley. But she was readied, as always, for almost every possible outcome that she could come up with. It was in her nature to be so detailed and prepared.

 

But she did not expect the car in front of her to stop all of a sudden, which meant she had to come to a sudden halt too. The force made her swing forward and almost hit her driving wheel.

 

A lady hopped out of the BMW in front of Seohyun. She held out her gun and walked cautiously to Seohyun’s car, but when she looked through the transparent window, she was surprised to see who it was.

 

“Seohyun?” Sunny led out a gasp. She opened the door and see a weak girl panting.

 

“Unnie…”

 

Sunny helped the girl out and placed her on the floor to rest. She put her gun back to her pocket.

 

“Seohyun” Sunny sighed, “What are you doing here?”

 

“Unnie… I…” Seohyun coughed again. Sunny patted the girl’s back, “please don’t go back!”

 

“Seohyun, what are you talking about?”

 

“Park Jin Young…. He kidnapped Jessica’s sister, Krystal…. And Yoona and Jessica were going to rescue them…”

 

“What!? They are doing that without informing the chief? Do you realize how much trouble they are getting themselves into?”

 

‘Unnie…” Seohyun begged, “Please don’t report this to the chief!”

 

“No Seohyun, they have made a grave mistake!” Sunny said, “we don’t know how many of Jin Young’s goons are still out there…”

 

“No Unnie…” Seohyun said sternly, “I will make sure they go home safely… just for this once, please let me go and don’t report this to the chief.”

 

Sunny sighed. She had never seen the girl begged her before, and for years, she had been like the girl’s sister and she knows when the girl is serious.

 

“Ok… But only just for this once”

 

Seohyun instantly pushed herself from the ground and gave the latter a tight hug.

 

“Thank you Unnie!”

 

---

 

Seohyun arrived just in time to see the explosion happen. She gasped, and immediately got out of the car. She was located a distance from the warehouse, but she still felt the impact of the explosion.

 

She took out her sniper, and tried to find any entrance of vision to the warehouse. Fortunately, she saw a small hole and managed to peek into the warehouse.

 

There, she saw Yuri struggling with a man on the floor, and a limping Park Jin Young. She gasped when Park Jin Young threw a bullet on the man struggling with Yuri, and then Yuri’s stomach.

 

Then Yoona came into the picture.

 

They were talking, for what, she does not know. But she was curious, what were they talking about?

 

Should she just shoot Park Jin Young?

 

Then Yuri turned her gun towards Yoona. Seohyun’s eyes widened in surprise. She shifted her focus into Yuri. Just what is Yuri doing?

 

Yoona is now corned with two people’s gun facing her direction. Seohyun gripped her sniper tighter than ever. She needs to do something.

 

Just then, she saw Yuri’s eyes. Those pair of eyes told her something. They told her that Yuri meant no harm, that she should trust Yuri, that this was all just an act.

 

Seohyun mustered her courage, and pulled her trigger.

 

BANG!

 

The bullet went into a person’s head, 500 meters from Seohyun’s sniper barrel.

 

Park Jin Young collapsed, with blood oozing from his head. Then Yuri also fell down, probably from exhaustion.

 

Seohyun took out her phone and dialed Yoona’s number.

 

“Yoona-unnie! Is everything alright with your side?”

 

“Seohyun! Did you just shoot Jin Young?”

 

“Yes! I did! Is everything alright with you guys? Do you need help?”

 

“Yuri’s injured! I am taking her to the hospital now. You might want to call the chief about this.”

 

“On it. I will take care of the rest. Take Yuri to the hospital.”

 

---

 

Yuri woke up and found herself in a hospital… again. This time, she felt a light pressure on her right hand, and ly to find a certain blonde sleeping on her hand.

 

Yuri smiled at the adorable sight. She the latter’s hair.

 

Jessica woke up at the gentle . She looked up to see a smiling Yuri.

 

“Yuri!” She immediately threw a hug to the girl. Relieved to see her love alive and breathing, “I am so glad you are okay!”

 

Yuri hugged her back.

 

“How’s Krystal?”

 

“She good. On the room right next to yours. A few scratches and a bit of a shock, but fine.”

 

Yuri tried to sit up, but she hissed at her wound.

 

“Here, let me help you.” Jessica adjusted the pillow for Yuri.

 

“Thanks.”

 

“It would take a while for you to heal up.”

 

Yuri smiled.

 

“Yeah…”

 

Jessica stared into Yuri’s eyes.

 

‘Jessica… what are you…”

 

Jessica leaned in for a kiss. It was a short, but reassuring kiss. And Yuri find herself liking it.

 

“Thank you, for everything.”

 

Yuri looked at her quizzically.

 

“I should be the one saying this, Jessica.”

 

“At least, for Krystal. For saving her.”

 

“Well… that I have to take credit.”

 

“So thank you Yuri.”

 

Just then the door opened, and in came a flustered Yoona and serious looking Seohyun.

 

“How are you feeling, Yuri?” Seohyun asked.

 

“I am good. Thank you.” Yuri replied.

 

“How did things go for the two of you?” Jessica can’t help but ask.

 

Yoona and Seohyun looked at each other.

 

“Well… Seohyun and I got officially suspended. For how long, the chief said he had to evaluate our case to see….” Yoona said, “But the good thing is, we will finally get to go on vacation!”

 

Seohyun looked at her and shook her head.

 

“And Yuri. You are cleared of your charges.” Seohyun smiled, “We managed to find evidence on Park Jin Young’s doings.”

 

“Thank you Seohyun.” Yuri smiled.

 

“So what are you going to do after this Yuri?”

 

Yuri shook her head.

 

“I don’t know.” Yuri replied, “I need to look for a job. Preferably one that matches my skills.”

 

“I see.” Seohyun nodded.

 

“Hey guys, wanna go on a vacation during the time to take a break?” Yoona asked out of the blue.

 

“To Where?” Jessica asked.

 

“Europe? Japan?”

 

“I like Europe” Jessica exclaimed.

 

“Sounds great. I’ve never been to Europe before. Paris maybe?” Yuri said.

 

“Yes! And Seohyun, you are coming with us.”

 

Seohyun looked at her with the most incredible expression.

 

“Fine… Unnie…”

 

---

 

Yoona took her bottle of coffee from the machine and handed it to Seohyun.

 

“Thanks unnie.”

 

Yoona then took her own cup of coffee.

 

“It ended better than I expected.” Yoona said before taking a sip of her coffee. “Thanks Seohyun.”

 

“Anytime unnie.”

 

“So what exactly happened when you chased after Sunny?”

 

Seohyun told her everything that happened.

 

“Oh my gawd…. Sunny actually let you go, and you actually bumped your car….”

 

“Yeah…”

 

“I gotta admit Seohyun…. You are someone more than I thought.”

Seohyun continued sipping on her coffee.

 

“But thanks.” Yoona said, “genuinely, I am thankful to have a friend like you.”

 

Seohyun smiled.

 

“What are friends for? Friends should be there to support you when you have difficulties, not run away.”

 

Yoona smiled sheepishly.

 

“You know; I like you with your hair down Seohyun.”

 

“Thanks Unnie”

 

“C’mon now, lets get out trip to Paris planned out. Shall we?” Yoona said as she walked out of the hospital door.

 

“Of course.” Seohyun smiled, and continued walking with Yoona. “lets do this.”

 

And together, they walked side by side, with a bond stronger than any other friendship.

 

--- 

A/N: Sorry for the hiatus. I literally broke my arm after writing the last sad ending.... I guess Karma got me... lol.