Chapter 7

Secrets

A/N: Thanks for all your comments!! You guys made my day!! Please continue to leave comments for this fic!! Your comments will serve as an inspiration for me to write the story (and possibly alter some of the content)!! Last but not least, please continue praying for Thailand!

Edit: Should I write a YulTi Prequel? 

 

Chapter 7

 

She stopped her engines. They have found themselves in front of an old warehouse. Yoona parked her Mini Cooper a little farther away from the warehouse so that they would not get noticed.

 

Yuri checked her gun one last time; fully loaded, along with three backup ammos on her back. She checked her flash grenades again; all sealed. If anything goes wrong, Yoona will back her up… let’s hope that won’t happen…

 

Yuri opened the door.

 

“Promise me you two will make it alive out of this.”

 

Yuri looked back to Yoona. The girl had a firm look in her eyes; the fire was burning. She was determined.

 

“I promise.” Yuri said before she closed the door.

 

She climbed down the hill until she reached the seeming entrance of the warehouse. Yuri looked up the huge crimson gates. Should she knock? Or should she just push the gates open?

 

“Hello Yuri, we have been expecting you.” A voice came from nowhere said, “The doors will be opening for you shortly.”

 

Yuri looked around, trying to find where the voice was coming from, but she couldn’t locate the speakers.

 

“Security cameras, be careful.” Yuri whispered to her earpiece.

 

The gates slowly opened, and Yuri walked cautiously inside the warehouse. She looked around to see if anyone was following her. Then the gates closed, and she was in the dimly lit place.

 

“Yuri, welcome back!” A man came from the back of the warehouse. He smiled.

 

“Who are you?”

 

“Yuri, you don’t remember me?” The man seemed somewhat surprised, but he kept his smile, “you don’t remember your mentor?”

 

“You are my mentor?”

 

“Yes, I am Park Jin Young, your mentor.”

 

“No… I don’t remember…” Then Yuri remembered why she was here, “You! Where is Jessica?”

 

Jin Young smiled. He gestured someone out. A taped and unconscious Jessica was dragged out by a man.

 

“Jessica!”

 

Jessica opened her eyes. Upon seeing Yuri, she was excited and happy. But then, she remembered that this was all a trap. She shook her head frantically, hoping Yuri would understand.

 

“Don’t worry, I will get you out!”

 

“Getting out, you say?” Jin Young smirked, “do you even know why you are here in the first place, Yuri?”

 

Yuri looked at him, puzzled.

 

“Because I wanted you dead.” Jin Young let out a maniacal laugh, “but since the both of you know us now, I will only have to kill you both!”

 

Yuri widened her eyes. She was about to pull out her gun, but she felt someone hitting her back with a stick. It let out a loud thud, and she fell onto the ground with a scream.

 

Jessica shook her head. No… this shouldn’t be happening…

 

Jin Young pulled out a gun, “The best people keeping secrets are the ones who are dead. Now… who wants to go first? Shall we start with you, Yuri?” He pointed the gun at Yuri’s head.

 

Yuri looked at him from the ground.

 

“Can I… at least know… who I am?”

 

Jin Young squatted, until he was close enough to Yuri who was lying on the floor.

 

“You were a trained assassin under my supervision in an organization. I picked you up from an orphanage when you were four. You were my best guy, in close combat, in sniping, in everything. But it all came to an end when you fell in love with your assigned partner, Tiffany Huang.” Jin Young gritted his teeth and said, “You are not suppose to let anything interfere with your job, but one day, you said you wanted to quit.”

 

Yuri closed her eyes, all her memories flooded in.

“The organization does not allow anyone to quit, so I had to put an end to all of this. I have decided to kill you.” Jin Young said, “You know… it was hard, since you were the best. I managed to get Tiffany, but you… “ He clenched his fist, “you were alive until now.”

 

Yuri opened her eyes; she was in tears. She remembered everything, Tiffany, the organization, and every one of the victims she had killed.

 

“It was you.” Yuri stared at Jin Young with anger, “It was you who took everything away from me. You killed Tiffany.”

 

“I trained you to be the best, Yuri, but you let your emotions interfere with your missions.”

 

“You turned me into a killing machine!” Yuri shouted. She tried to get up, but a man stepped on her back, preventing her from doing so.

 

“You betrayed everyone!” Jin Young pointed her gun on Yuri’s head, “I’m sorry it has to end this way, I don’t want to lose you, but the organization leaves me with no choice.”

 

Bang! Bang!

 

Then there were two loud thuds to the ground. These thuds belong to two fallen men who were holding onto Jessica.

 

Jin Young looked behind, surprised. The next thing he knew, a bullet grazed through his right arm and he let out a scream.

 

“!” He shouted.

 

Another bullet hit the man who was stepping on Yuri. He fell onto the floor and let out loud cry; the bullet hit his right foot.

 

Jin Young went to hide behind a corner. He ordered his remaining men to begin the assault towards the three girls. This will be a war with victory; those girls were outnumbered anyway.

 

---

 

“Jessica, are you okay?” Yoona said as she pulled the tape off of Jessica’s mouth. The latter panted.

 

“Yoona? Why did you guys come? It’s a trap!”

 

As if on cue, a bullet grazed through Jessica; the latter let out a scream.

 

 

Yoona pulled her up and they both hid behind a flipped metal table. Yuri also made her way towards the barrier to block herself from the incoming bullets. Yoona tore a bit of her jacket and used the clothing to wrap it around Jessica’s wound.

 

“Stay here. Yuri and I will take care of things.” Yoona said and she turned to Yuri, “Hey, you okay?”

 

Yuri nodded her head.

 

“Do you have a plan now? We are seemingly outnumbered.”

 

“We shoot to kill. Don’t waste bullets, aim for each target, because we don’t have much left. We have to defend this base until everyone is down, otherwise we won’t be able to get out.”

 

Yoona nodded. Shoot to kill, that was something she haven’t heard in a long time. Upon hearing this, she smiled.

 

This will be fun.

 

---

 

Sunny paced around her office. Half an hour ago, she was told that the prisoner Kwon Yuri has escaped. How is that even possible? The headquarters has the highest security standards; no one has managed to escape the cells for as long as she has worked here, and she was working here for more than ten years already.

 

“No casualties reported. Some of our agents got a few scratches here and there, nothing serious.” Sunny heard someone from the outside said.

 

Lee Soo Man had been rather pissed when he heard the news. Just how did the prisoner managed to escape? He had ordered her team to search for the prisoner and bring her back as soon as possible, alive.

 

They had no possible clue where she is, how can they search for her?

 

Her mind races… Yoona!

 

Yes! Yoona must be related to her. Speaking of which where is the girl anyway? She dialed her number a few minutes ago and it was flown to voicemail. Could Yoona be the one letting her go?

 

She got into her computer and checked the locating device she placed on Yoona’s phone. She is in Brooklyn. What the hell is she doing in Brooklyn? Not to mention, this part of Brooklyn is one of the most dangerous areas, lots of drug dealers.

 

Should she have a bet on this?

 

She got out a quarter coin. If it’s heads, it means she should go there. But if it’s tails, it means she should leave it be. She flips it, and covered it with her hand.

 

Heads or tails?

 

She pulled her hand up, slowly.

 

Tails. She should not go search.

 

Sunny scratches her head. Great… now where can she start searching?

 

---

 

“I am running out of ammo!” Yoona shouted amidst the shootings. Yuri was left with her last pack of ammo. There were a lot more people than they have expected; they were outnumbered.

 

Yuri looked around, there was no way out. She bit her lip.

 

“I will do a cover fire for you. When you see the chance, get Jessica out of here.”

 

“Are you crazy! You will get yourself killed!”

 

“No we are not leaving you behind. “ Jessica said.

 

“Well either I get myself killed, or the three of us die together. Which one do you guys prefer?”

 

Yoona and Jessica were speechless. She was right; someone has to sacrifice for this.

 

“Look, all of this happened because of me. This is the only time I get to repay you and Jessica.” Yuri grabbed Yoona to another side and whispered, “Just… please take care of her when I am gone.”

 

Yoona looked at Yuri. The girl was equally determined. She bit her lower lip; there really isn’t a choice.

 

“It’s been an honor knowing you, my friend.” Yoona gave a genuine smile. Yuri also smiled. It felt nice to be accepted as a friend.

 

“On my cue, you guys will dash out. Okay?”

 

Yoona nodded.

 

Yuri fired a few more shots and looked around. The coast seemed to be clear.

 

“Now!”

 

Yoona pulled Jessica’s hands and two ran as fast as their legs could bring them. Yuri stood up and opened fire. She started shooting at random position, but carefully avoiding Yoona and Jessica.

 

Jessica tripped and dropped on the ground. Yoona looked behind and found the latter to be in tears. She pulled her to the side to avoid the gunfire.

 

“Jessica, we have to go now!”

 

“I can’t… I can’t!” Jessica cried in tears, “I can’t let her go!”

 

“Jessica, it’s the only way!”

 

“We have to get back to her! I don’t care!” Jessica said as she tried to get back to where Yuri was, but Yoona pulled her back.

 

“Jessica, stop being so stubborn!” Yoona cried, “If we don’t go, then Yuri’s sacrifice will go in vain!”

 

“Then let me die with her!” Jessica yelled. Yoona was surprised at Jessica’s outrage; deep inside, her heart was shattered into a million pieces.

 

“I love her!” Jessica cried, “Please Yoona, let me save her.”

 

Just then, there was a loud explosion. Yoona and Jessica looked at the direction of the explosion, their vision were clouded by dust.

 

“Yuri!” Jessica tried to get out, but Yoona pulled her back.

 

“No, Jessica! It’s dangerous!”

 

Jessica cried out Yuri’s name again and again. But there was no response; Yuri just disappeared. Is she coming back?

 

---