Chapter 4

Secrets

 

Chapter 4

 

“Everyone back off!”

 

The police officers sealed off the area with their usual yellow tapes, blocking the excess reporters and the crowd from the crime scene.

 

Yoona went inside the tent on where the said corpse laid. Inside, she saw the forensics taking samples of evidences and pictures. She saw a samurai sword lying beside the body. Who would use swords when there are guns in the twenty first century?

 

“What’s the situation? Minho?” She asked

 

Minho turned around. He is a young handsome man in his twenties. His dark skin reflected his manliness; his eyes are like little gems that sparkled every so often. Too bad, not many girls worked in the forensics department; otherwise, she was sure that Minho would have gotten a lot of admirers.

 

“The subject has bruises on his limbs, but mostly on the stomach, which means he was in a fight before he died.” Minho said, “The weapon that killed him, I believe, was the samurai sword besides him.”

 

“Do you know who did this?”

 

“I would have to go back to the lab and get the fingerprints.”

 

Yoona nodded. Then she saw a metal stick pipe with some bloodstains.

 

“Did the subject get hit by a stick?”

 

“Precisely, we are taking that metal stick pipe back to examine who did this.”

 

“Great.” Yoona said, “Did you check the garage at the back?”

 

“Not yet, but Sunny is in there now.”

 

“Thank you, I will be meeting her there then.”

 

---

 

“Did you find anything here?” Yoona said while walking towards a petite girl.

 

“Blood stains here and there.” Sunny put the sample into a test tube, “there is nothing much here anyways.”

 

Yoona nodded. Then suddenly, she remembered something.

 

“The other day, Dr. Song told me that they found a patient, Yuri, in a garage.”

 

Sunny looked at her, confused.

 

“I think this is the garage!”

 

Sunny’s eyes widened.

 

“Wow, this world seems smaller than I thought.”

 

“We better get Soo Man to give us a permission to search this garage again. I have a feeling these two cases are linked together.” Yoona said, before she rushed back to the headquarters.

 

Any traces of Jessica are worth every drop of my blood.

 

---

 

“Hang in there, Yuri.” Jessica said as she wiped the blood off of Yuri’s shoulder blade. The wound was bad, because the bullet has penetrated deep enough into Yuri’s shoulder.

 

They were back in the warehouse. Jessica went to a nearby convenience store and bought a first-aid kit. But unfortunately, anesthetics are doctors’ prescriptions only and Jessica could not risk getting her identity exposed. And so, she could only grab the nearby blanket for Yuri to bite on, hoping to lessen her pain.

 

Jessica grabbed a pair of forceps, and sanitized it using alcohol.

 

“This will hurt a bit.” Jessica bit her lip, “try to think of a nice memory to distract yourself.”

 

A happy memory? She could not remember anything happy after she woke up from the hospital that day. Ever since then, she was chased down by people whom she do not know, but they knew perfectly who she was.

 

A happy memory… She remembered. It happened not too long ago in fact, it was the time when she was fighting Chansung. The time when she was sure that Jessica was fine and all right. She would give anything to protect the girl, and to know that she is safe from any dangers.

 

Jessica inserted the forceps to Yuri’s wound. The girl winced a slight bit, but calmed down soon after. Jessica searched for the bullet. Droplets of sweat ran down her face. She could not go on for too long, otherwise Yuri would be in much pain. She searched, desperately looking for the bullet. If she was in the surgery room back in Beth-Israel, she would not need to worry about the aftermath of Yuri potentially suffering from an infection.

 

Then finally, she saw a silver object sparkling. She grabbed it with her forceps and took the bullet out; she placed it in a bowl.

 

“This will sting a little.” Jessica said as she poured alcohol to Yuri’s wound. The latter gasped from the stinging sensation. Then Jessica wiped the alcohol off, closed her wound with fifteen stitches, and wrapped her shoulder with some bandage.

 

She took the blanket off from Yuri’s mouth and let the latter breath normally. Jessica was exhausted from the whole procedure of treating Yuri’s wound. She looked at the latter, who had her eyes closed and was breathing normally. She walked towards her and sat on the couch.

 

In that instant, Yuri opened her eyes, wide, and stared at Jessica.

 

“Oh my god, did I wake you up?”

 

Yuri shook her head.

 

“It’s alright.”

 

They remained silent for a few moments. Then, Jessica broke the silence.

 

“Do you remember anything when you were at the garage?”

 

Yuri shook her head and hung her head low. Then suddenly, an idea popped into her head.

 

“Jessica, could you hand me the bullet you extracted from my shoulder?”

 

Jessica handed her the bowl. Yuri took the bullet and gave it a closer look. The silver bullet contained a single letter engraved on a side. It was the letter B.

 

Yuri experienced a sudden headache.

 

Yuri looked at the bullet with the letter B with hatred and anger. They have special bullets to categorize themselves. The letter B bullet means B classed. When will she get an A?

 

A man’s shadow hovered over her, and she looked up to see her mentor. A middle-aged man.

 

“You are not working hard enough, Yuri.”

 

Yuri gripped the bullet and turned her hand into a fist.

 

“I tried my best.”

 

“No you didn’t.” The man said, “You were only B classed.”

 

Yuri threw the bullet on the floor, resulting in a cling sound.

 

“What do you want me to do!?”

 

“Yuri, you were the best when it comes to close combats.” The man said, “because you think of everyone as your enemy.”

 

Yuri looked up to him.

 

“Emotions will only hinder you. You need to abolish them and let anger take over. That way, you will view everyone as your enemy.”

 

The flash of memory ended as Yuri let out a piercing scream.

 

“Yuri!” Jessica yelled, “Are you okay?”

 

“I remembered.” Yuri said, her voice shaking, “I was a part of them. The people who tried to kill us, I was a part of them.”

 

Jessica looked at her at disbelief.

 

“What?”

 

“I just remembered these.”

 

“You used to kill people?”

 

“Jessica, I don’t…”

 

“Don’t come any closer to me.” Jessica got up from the couch, and moved backwards away from Yuri.

 

“Jessica, I don’t mean to…”

 

“You kill people… you’re a murderer!”

 

“Jessica…”

 

“Stay away from me! I don’t ever want to see you again!” Jessica yelled as she ran towards the door, she ran out of the warehouse and out into the streets.

 

Yuri got up from her couch, but she felt pain from her shoulder wound and she collapsed back down, letting out a cry again.

 

There was no reason to trust this girl anymore. She was a murderer all along.

 

---

 

The man spit another pool of blood as he was kicked in the stomach again and again. He was lying on the floor, running out of breath, bleeding from head to toe.

 

Beside him, a middle-aged man was smoking a cigarette, not looking a tiny bit concerned about the man being kicked in front of him. Then suddenly, he held out his hand and signaled a stop. The people who were hitting the man on the floor stopped, and backed away.  

 

“Please…” The man on the floor begged, “Spare me…”

 

The middle-aged man walked to him, and gave him a hard kick on his stomach. The man rolled across the floor and vomited more blood.

 

“Twice!” the middle-aged man said, “I gave two chances and you ruined it!”

 

“Please give me another chance!” The man begged again.

 

“You know very well the organization doesn’t permit another chance. I have already broken the rule and gave you two chances to finish that rat!”

 

“Please master!” The man wrapped his arms around the middle-aged man’s legs, “I will not fail you this time!”

 

“Prove to me that you will not fail again.”

 

“Junho has successfully sniped Yuri with his specialized bullet that contains a tracker. We can locate where she is now.”

 

The middle-aged man looked at him.

 

“And so?”

 

“We will ambush them at night!”

 

The middle-aged man looked at him with a frown.

 

“The previous times, you tried attacking the girl with your men, but you failed. What makes you think you will succeed?”

 

“She’s with a girl called Jessica.”

 

The middle-aged man raised an eyebrow.

 

“Last time, Chansung used her as hostage and almost succeeded.”

 

The middle-aged man sat back down on his chair and took another cigarette.

 

“What do you intend to do this time?”

 

“If we capture Jessica, Yuri would come to us. That way we can kill her off as easily as possible!”

 

He smiled.

 

“Very well…” the middle-aged man blew the smoke from his cigarette, “get the girl. But bring Yuri to me first before you kill her. And if you don’t succeed this time, you know what the consequences are.”

 

“I will not fail you this time, master.”

 

“Now screw off!”

 

The injured man scrambled off as he clutched his wounds. The middle-aged man remained seated on his chair. He blew the smoke again from his cigarette.

 

“If only you followed my orders, Yuri. No one would have to suffer from this. You chose this path yourself.”

 

--- 

A/N: Thank you so much for all your comments and subcribing!! I am excited now that I see how people react to my fic :) There will be no updates on the coming week however, because I will be having my finals... :(

Happy reading!!