Chapter 1

Secrets

Chapter 1

 

No, this will not be my fate!

 

Before the needle made contact with her skin, she kicked her legs as hard as she could, and with that impact, Taecyeon was thrown away from her bed. She attempted to get out of bed but her right hand was still cuffed.

 

Damn it!

 

Then at the corner of her eye, she saw a silver colored pin. She grabbed it and inserted it into the cuff hole. Her handcuffs were unlocked. She quickly pulled her hand out and ran straight for the door, but not before Taecyeon wrapped his hands around her neck.

 

“I see your instincts are still here, Yuri.” Taecyeon said in a hushed way, “But you still have to die today.”

 

“Not today” Yuri said, and she elbowed Taecyeon on his stomach. The poor guy lets out an excruciating cry, and loosens his grip on Yuri’s neck. She took the opportunity to run out of the door.

 

She had no idea where she was going, until she heard Taecyeon’s voice booming from behind.

 

“Help! She’s a criminal, she’s escaping!” She heard Taecyeon said. When she looked back to Taecyeon, he was still clutching his stomach with a pained expression. Then she turned back to the front, and saw a bunch of people lining up to create a wall to block her.

 

!

 

She turned to her left and started running again. Then she bumped into Dr. Jung.

 

“Ouch!” Dr. Jung fell on the floor along with her scattered papers, “Hey watch where you…” Her speech was cut short when Yuri yanked her up and pulled her arm around her neck.

 

“I’m sorry” Yuri whispered to Dr. Jung’s ears, and she grabbed the surgeon knife that was lying on the floor and pointed it towards Dr. Jung.

 

“He tried to kill me” Yuri whispered to Dr. Jung again, “I am so sorry.”

 

“Put that knife down!” One of the doctors shouted

 

“Don’t come near me, or I will stab her!” Yuri pointed the knife even closer to the trembling Dr. Jung.

 

Dr. Jung had never been so scared in her life. Sure, she had seen movie scenes where villains held hostages, and this only had two endings: either someone comes to rescue the hostage, or the villain kills the hostage and escapes. She prayed for the former to happen; she does not want to die young.

 

“Don’t come any closer, or I will…” Yuri then felt a sharp pain on her back, and she collapsed back to unconsciousness. Dr. Jung dropped on the floor too, still trembling in fear. She looked back and saw a man holding a baseball bat.

 

“Dr. Jung, you okay?” The man was sweating too.

 

“Wooyoung!” Dr. Jung hugged the man. She was so scared that she broke into tears. Wooyoung hugged her back, soothing her back. “It’s okay now, she’s fainted. Let’s have you switched to another patient for now.”

 

---

 

Yuri woke up again from unconsciousness again, only this time, she was not able to move any part of her body: she was strapped onto the bed.

 

“You should’ve finished it quick, if I wasn’t there to stop her, it would be a total chaos!” She heard voices.

 

“I didn’t expect her to be awake. You said she was suppose to be unconscious.”

 

“Whatever… just finish her quickly. The boss is waiting, if we screw this up, we will be dead.”

 

When Yuri regained her vision, she saw two people standing in front of her bed. One she recognized as Taecyeon, the other was a young man wearing a white coat. She suspected that the two were a team because of the conversation she heard just now.

 

“She’s awake. Go finish her now Taecyeon.” The man in the white coat said

 

‘I will finish her for good now.” Taecyeon approaches her with the same syringe a while ago. “You cannot escape now.”

 

This time, Yuri cannot move anymore. She watched again, as the syringe came closer and closer to her skin…

 

---

 

Dr. Jung sat down on a chair, with a blanket wrapped around body. On her desk, there was a cup of hot chocolate. She took a few sips of the drink before putting it down.

 

A man sat in front of her. He was the head of the department, Dr. Song Seung Heon.  A handsome man, he looked through the medical records of Yuri.

 

“Dr. Jung, how are you coping with it now?” Seung Heon asked

 

She did not say anything, but looked up to him with a well-what-do-you-think glare?

 

“Okay, I know I know.” Seung Heon said, “I will be switching you to another patient now”

 

Dr. Jung continued sipping on her hot chocolate. She was not in the mood to do anything given what just happened.

 

He tried to kill me.

 

Those words kept on echoing in her head. She shakes her head to get them off, but they wouldn’t get off. Why does she have a bad feeling about this patient she just met? Why does she think she will be in grave danger?

 

Let’s have you switched to another patient for now.

 

“Dr. Song, when was she transferred to the hospital?” She asked

 

“Around six hours ago, why?” Seung Heon asked

 

“When did you appoint me to be her patient?”

 

“Around an hour ago I think.” Seung Heon said, “Why are you asking these?”

 

“Wooyoung’s not in our department right?” She asked again

 

“I don’t think so… so it’s your turn to answer me now.” Seung Heon said in frustration.

 

“Excuse me…” Dr. Jung left her blanket and went out of the office.

 

How did Wooyoung know Yuri was my patient?

 

---

 

Yuri closed her eyes as the needle made contact with her skin.

 

The door slammed open… again. “Wooyoung, I have some questions to ask ______” Dr. Jung went back into Yuri’s room.

 

“Dr. Jung, what are you doing in here?” Wooyoung asked, his face full of panic

 

“No, I should be asking this, what is he doing in her room? I thought Dr. Song just said no visitors are allowed here.”

 

“He’s a cop, he’s investigating on her case.”

 

“Yes I know. But what is that he’s holding onto? That syringe, what is that?”

 

“They are trying to kill me!” Yuri shouted amidst the conversation. She heard Taecyeon cursed under his breath, he put a mouth to , silencing her words.

 

“What?”

 

“Dr. Jung, I think it’s best for you to leave while we stabilize the patient.”

 

“You are in no authority to ask what I should do. Give me the syringe.”

 

“Dr. Jung…”

 

“She knows too much. We have to kill her too.” Taecyeon shouted, then he paused his process with the syringe and got out his gun, but before he could do that, Yuri banged her head against his.

 

“Quick, free me before they kill you too!” Yuri shouted

 

When Dr. Jung tried to advance to Yuri’s bed, Wooyoung grabbed her from behind and wrapped an arm on her neck.

 

“Sorry, but it looks like you have to die too.” He said and strangled her.

 

Dr. Jung took out a knife from her pocket and threw it to Yuri’s bed. She swung a hit to Wooyoung’s stomach.

 

“Okay, you need to do some explanation now Wooyoung. Just who ____” She was cut short when Taecyeon strangled her. “, you need to die!” He said.

 

Right then, Yuri freed herself from the bed and launched her body to Taecyeon, causing the three people to collapse together. She yanked Taecyeon’s collar up and punched his face, until his nose began bleeding and he remained unconscious.

 

“You both need to die!” Wooyoung advances to the two women and punched Yuri on the face. He strangled her with his hands.

 

Yuri was running out of breath, her hands tried to search for something, anything, to hit Wooyoung with. She found something, something sharp, then she slashed it across Wooyoung’s throat.

 

The man clutched his throat, and began to run out of breath. Blood spills out of his neck.

 

“You, tell me, everything you know about me. What happened before I came here! Tell me now!” Yuri clutched Wooyoung’s collar.

 

The man could only stare at her  “P…. Par… Park…” he said, before collapsing to unconsciousness. Dr. Jung stared at the mess in the room. Two dead bodies… What just happened?

 

“We need to get out.” Yuri said, “Grab their coats, I have a feeling they will be sending backups.” She said again as she grabbed the gun from Taecyeon’s pocket.

 

Dr. Jung was too shocked to think of anything now; she followed Yuri’s orders, because she knew that this woman saved her life. This gave her a reason to trust the girl.

 

---

A/N: So what do you guys think?