Chapter 11

Secrets

A/N: Thanks to all the subcriptions, comments, and upvotes once again! I am having a midterm next week, so I probably can't upload the next chapter til sometime after next week... :( College is a ... After this chapter, I will write out the original sad ending, then I will add a plot twist later! (Don't kill me if you find the ending sad....). Hope you guys enjoy this chapter!!

 

Chapter 11

 

Yuri fell back on the floor. She took cover from the room that Krystal was in and started shooting with her pistol. She shot another one of Jin Young’s goons on the head; the latter fell down, lifeless.

 

Eventually, she ran out of bullets. She threw away the gun and took another loaded pistol from her backpack. She looked to her side and found a terrified Krystal on the corner. Yuri squatted down and approached her.

 

“Hey, don’t be afraid.” Yuri said as she untied the girl and ripped the tape on off, “My name is Yuri; I am here to rescue you.”

 

A few bullets rang from the door. Yuri took cover from the table and shot a few more bullets out. Another person shot on the head.

 

A bullet hit her left leg, and she fell from the impact; blood coming out from the wound. She bit her lip in pain and quickly hid back into the room.

 

“Oh my gosh!” Krystal looked at Yuri’s wound, “Are you okay?”

 

Yuri smiled. She shot a few more bullets from the room, and another person fell down.

 

“Don’t worry.”

 

Krystal placed her hand on Yuri’s legs, hoping to stop the bleeding. But it was obviously useless… Yuri looked at her wound; damn… it is bad.

 

“Are you also in Medical school?”

 

“No!” Krystal said, “I am a music major!”

 

That explains it.

 

“Do me a favor,” Yuri said to the girl, “take off your jacket and tie it around my leg.”

 

Krystal looked puzzled.

 

“You trying to take advantage of me?”

 

“It’s to stop the bleeding!”

 

“Oh!!!” Krystal gasped in realization. She quickly took off her jacket and wrapped it around Yuri’s left leg.

 

How different. This girl has no first aid knowledge, unlike her sister. Yuri thought. Krystal does not look like Jessica, except maybe the mouth has the resemblance. Though when she spoke, her voice was almost identical to Jessica’s. Interesting… Yuri thought.

 

Yuri shot another few bullets and the pistol ran out of bullets. She took out her last loaded pistol.

 

Let’s do this!

 

---

 

“Unnie!” Yoona said in surprise.

 

Sunny was walking towards their direction when they were exiting the hospital.

 

“Sunny-Unnie!” Seohyun remained calm, “Long time no see!”

 

“Seohyun! Wow, you have grown a lot.” Sunny smiled.

 

“Unnie. What are you doing in the hospital?” Yoona tried to remain calm and asked. She stood in front of Jessica, hoping to block Sunny’s view on the girl.

 

“Oh well… I am suppose to do some interrogation with this Kwon Yuri now.”

 

Yoona gulped.

 

“Unnie, you can’t do that!” she blurted out without thinking.

 

“Why?”

 

“Because we have already done it.” Seohyun said calmly. She gave a stare to Yoona that told her everything would be fine.

 

“You’ve done it?”

 

“Yeah.” Seohyun smiled, “It’s all done now.”

 

“Well… it doesn’t hurt to do it again, does it?”

 

“I wouldn’t think so Unnie,” Seohyun said, “Yuri was tired when we left. She said she remembered quite vividly what happened yesterday, but she said she needed some rest in the middle of the interrogation.”

 

Sunny raised an eyebrow.

 

“I believed she is asleep now.”

 

“I see.” Sunny said, “Well… that means I have to do this again some other time.”

 

Yoona sighed an inward relief at the back of .

 

“I will go back to Chief and report back to him that you did the interrogation. I am sure he knows about it.” Sunny smiled.

 

Yoona almost cursed under her breath.

 

“Sure. Unnie,” Seohyun said, “Yoona and I are planning to go down for Brunch. Wanna join us?”

 

“Nah… I have work… Enjoy brunch you two!” Sunny said as she walked away.

 

Seohyun clenched her fist and bit her lip as soon as she saw Sunny’s shadow disappear from the hallway. She turned back to Yoona and Jessica with a serious expression.

 

“Seohyun, how did you learn to lie so perfectly?”

 

“Unnie, this is not the time for it.” Seohyun said seriously, “I have to stop her before she gets to the chief.”

 

“But we don’t have time to stop Sunny anymore.”

 

“I am afraid, I cannot go with you now, Unnie.” Seohyun said, “. Frankly I don’t think I can stop her, but I will try to make as much time for you guys as possible.”

 

Yoona looked at Jessica.

 

“Alright.” Yoona said, “Be careful.”

 

“You too, Unnie.” Seohyun said as she walked out.

 

“Seohyun!” Yoona said one more time, “Thank you. For everything.”

 

Seohyun merely smiled at her and continued walking away from the hallway. Deep down, she felt a surge of gratitude towards Yoona and her friends. She was an introverted child, and when she met Yoona, she found out the girl was polar opposite. She was grateful that Yoona guided her through her time in the police department all these years.

 

Oh well… best friends are worth sacrificing for… right?

 

---

 

There were too many people. They cannot possibly out win them, at least according to Yuri’s logic that was the scenario.

 

One of the goons drove a car and hit the room Krystal and she was in. Windows splattered and debris flew everywhere. Yuri took hold of Krystal and covered the girl with her back for protection.

 

The goon took off from the car and entered the room. But before he could do anything, Yuri shot him dead.

 

“You okay?”

 

Krystal looked at her terrified.

 

“I take that as a yes, just because you are still in one piece.”

 

The last pistol clicked, and Yuri realized she ran out of bullets for real. She cursed under her breath.

 

“Listen to what I say, okay?”

 

Krystal nodded.

 

“Great. Hold this for me.” Yuri gave her the black backpack she carried with her.

 

Yuri looked out from the room and threw her gun out. She stuck a hand to symbolize her surrender. The gunfire stopped almost immediately.

 

“Well well well, looks like you have no way out.” She heard Jin Young’s voice from outside.

 

Yuri pulled her hand back. She took her backpack from Krystal and took a hand grenade. She had her hand on the handle.

 

“Come out now, Yuri.” She can hear Jin Young’s goons’ stepping closer and closer.

 

At this point, she pulled the handle from the hand grenade, and threw it back into the backpack. Yuri then quickly threw the backpack out and hugged Krystal to protect the latter.

 

BOOM!

 

The backpack exploded, knocking out almost everything around the area. Debris flew across the air. The impact was so big that Yuri could feel the roof splitting a part. It threw everyone off guard and this is precisely what Yuri wanted.

 

She waited for a while to check if there were any more signs of movement, because movement meant that Jin Young and his goons were still alive. She waited, and waited… there was silence, and the still air of the fire burning from the explosion. Finally, she heaved a sign of relief.

 

“Hey, can you let me go now?” Krystal said.

 

Yuri let her go and was relieved to find Krystal all right.

 

“Can you… walk?” Krystal eyed her injured leg. Yuri tried standing up, but the wound left her too much pain that she squatted back down almost immediately.

 

“Mind giving me a lift please?”

 

Krystal placed one of Yuri’s hands around her neck and lifted the girl up. They slowly walked out of the room, with Yuri limping.

 

Out of the room, there were corpses of people lying around. Some without limbs, and most of them covered with blood. It was a crimson sight, and to add on, the temperature has risen a lot due to the explosion.

 

The two continued to slowly walk towards the entrance, until they tripped and fell together. As it turns out, it was not a typical trip, but it was a hand from one of Jin Young’s goons on Yuri’s leg. The stubborn man’s grip was strong, and Yuri could not get out of his hold.

 

“Go!” She said to Krystal.

 

The latter looked at her in disbelief.

 

“Go and call for help!”

 

Krystal made a dash to the exit

 

---

 

Yoona was almost at the warehouse when she and Jessica saw a huge explosion that shook the ground. She cursed in silent.

 

“Krystal!” Jessica cried in horror.

 

“She will be alright!” Yoona tried to calm her down, albeit being equally afraid. She sped up her engines towards the warehouse.

 

When they finally arrived, Jessica jumped out of the car immediately, but Yoona pulled her back.

 

“Jessica! Its dangerous!”

 

“No! Krystal! Yuri!”

 

Just then, a female figure came out from the warehouse. It was Krystal, and she was covering , coughing.

 

“Krystal!” Jessica shouted.

 

The latter looked up to her sister and smiled.

 

“Unnie!”

 

The two came and hugged.

 

“I’m so sorry, Krystal. I’m sorry.” Jessica whispered those silent whispers into her sister’s ears. The both cried.

 

Yoona smiled at the reunion.

 

Krystal broke off the hug and realized something important.

 

“Yuri! She’s still in there! She saved me!”

 

Jessica looked at the warehouse.

 

“I am going in.”

 

“No! If anything, I should be the one going in! I am a police officer.” Yoona said.

 

Jessica looked at the latter.

 

“Get her out, please.” She begged.

 

Yoona nodded affirmatively. She geared up her pistol and proceeded into the warehouse.

 

---

 

Yuri was struggling with the man who gripped on her leg. She could not get rid of the man.

 

Suddenly, she heard footsteps.

 

A lone figure came into vision.

 

“You think,” the voice said, “you can get rid of me that easily?”

 

The voice was weak, but Yuri knew exactly whom the voice belongs to. It was Jin Young’s voice.

 

The man raises the gun and pointed it to Yuri’s direction. The girl closed her eyes and waited for her death.

 

---