Chapter 10

Secrets

A/N: Sorry again for the late update, and thank you for all the subcriptions, upvotes, and comments!! I have been so busy these days with homework >.< Does anyone know where to watch Yoona's new Chinese drama? I wanna watch it so badly!! Anyways, hope you enjoy this chapter of suspense (don't kill me)!!

 

Chapter 10

 

Yuri woke up in the early morning. She looked at the clock on her side.

 

6:13AM.

 

She looked around, and found Jessica sleeping on the chair, with her head hidden under her hands. Yuri smiled, what an adorable sight.

 

She sighed. If it were not for her, none of this would have happened. Jessica should not be dragged into this pool of mess that she has caused. It was all her fault.

 

She gently the sleeping girl and smiled. Jessica insisted on staying with her the previous night. They had their girls’ talk night together, talking about everything in general. To Yuri, who has never lived a normal life, it was like a whole new beginning; an acceptance to society.

 

They did not do anything but talked, and laughed. Like how best friends would do when they stay over at your house, but of course, to Jessica, Yuri was much more than a best friend.

 

A part of her wanted to touch her so badly, but she cannot, because she knew she probably would not stop herself afterwards. Yuri constrained herself, and tried her best to smile everything away that night.

 

Night falls, and Jessica felt tired from all the talking, she told Yuri that she want to sleep besides her on the chair. Yuri nodded, and that was how she ended up.

 

Yuri shifted her weight when she got up, hoping not to wake Jessica. She sighed in relief when the girl remained fast asleep after she got out of bed. She the Blonde girl’s hair and smiled sadly.

 

I love you too, she mouthed.

 

It was all her fault from the beginning, and she regretted dragging everyone else into this mess. Yoona, Jessica, and even Krystal. So she will be the one to fix this, and she won’t drag anyone with her anymore.

 

---

 

Jessica woke up from a nightmare. In her dream, Yuri was slowly disappearing from her, waving at her.

 

“No!” Jessica screamed, “Yuri, come back!”

 

“I’m sorry, Jessica.”

 

As much as she tried to reach out, the girl seemed to moving faster than usual, away from her. She was slowly clouded by the mist in front of her. Then, Jessica woke up with a headache.

 

“Yuri!” She shouted when she gotten out of her dreamland. She looked around, no one was around her. It must have been the dream, so she rubbed her eyes.

 

But no one was around her. Where is Yuri?

 

She checked the clock. 7:07AM. She scanned around the room again, and found a note on the bed. She opened it.

 

Dear Jessica,

 

You will probably wake up and find me missing. I am sorry if I cause you any panic or fear, but I decide that this will be the best for all of us. All these events that happened on the past week escalated because of me, and it was all my fault for dragging everyone into this.

 

I am sorry for dragging you into this mess, let alone your sister. In the past few weeks, I am thankful that you were there by my side, helping me with my wounds and telling me jokes. To be honest, you are not just only a friend to me; you are something more, and if we have met in different circumstances, I would have given everything to make you be my girlfriend.

 

You deserve someone better, Jessica someone who can provide you with stability and love. And this is something I cannot provide to you. But I will promise you one thing: I will get Krystal back. None of you should be dragged into this from the beginning, and none of you should have to finish this mess I have started.

 

Take care, Jessica. I love you.

 

Yuri

 

Jessica felt tears from her eyes. She immediately grabbed her phone and dialed a number.

 

---

 

Yoona was woken up by the sound of her phone ringing. She checked the clock. What the hell? 7:10AM! Who would be calling this early?

 

“Hello?”

 

“Yoona!”

 

“Jessica?” Yoona said drowsily.

 

“You have to come over now! Yuri left!”

 

“What!” Yoona immediately woke up from her drowsiness, “What do you mean?”

 

“She left the hospital and took everything with her, the weapons and stuff! And she left me a note, saying she will get Krystal back!”

 

“Oh !” Yoona got off from her bed, “I am getting Seohyun and coming over now!”

 

---

 

Seohyun crossed her arms and shook her head.

 

“Did she really take everything?”

 

Yoona and Jessica nodded. Seohyun sighed; she should not have left all the weaponry here.

 

“I only have two spare pistols with me now.” Seohyun said, “We will have to get to the warehouse now, because that’s probably where Yuri is.”

 

The two nodded.

 

“From what I know, Park Jin Young will not give in that easily.” Seohyun said, “and if Yuri gets there first, she will be in a lot of trouble.”

 

“Do we change our plans then?” Yoona asked.

 

“No… plan goes as planned, and I will your backup with my sniper rifle, but we will be in a disadvantage, because not only our number decreased, someone here will also be emotionally triggered.” Seohyun eyed Jessica.

 

The latter widened her eyes.

 

“How did you know…”

 

“It will take a blind person not to notice the weird stares and awkward moments between the two of you.”

 

“Seohyun, remind me why you were not in the CIA or FBI again?” Yoona asked curiously.

 

“Unnie, let’s go. We have someone to rescue.”Seohyun got up and opened the door, “time is precious!” She dashed out. On her way out, Seohyun blushed madly.

 

I only didn’t want to be a CIA or FBI because their training would take away my time to watch Keroro cartoons! >.<

 

---

 

Yuri adjusted her backpack. In it were nine hand grenades in total, and this will be her last resort.

 

She stopped in front of a warehouse that she knew so well; it was they had killed Tiffany. She remembered everything when Jin Young told her identity.

 

She will take her revenge today.

 

Yuri slowly opened her door cautiously.

 

“Ah… You’re early.” She heard Jin Young’s voice, “But we are waiting for you nonetheless. Come in.”

 

Yuri walked in and inside the warehouse; there was Park Jin Young. But he was not alone, his goons stood around the area with weapons in hand.

 

Yuri was not surprised at all.

 

“Where are your friends? Yuri?” Jin Young asked.

 

“They won’t be here.”

 

Jin Young raised his eyebrows.

 

“I demanded you and your friends to ____”

 

“I have a deal for you.” Yuri cut him off.

 

“You leave my friends alone, and you can do whatever you want with me.” Yuri said, “But first, let me see where Krystal is.”

 

Jin Young closed his eyes and thought for a while, putting his hand on his chin. He opened them later and exhaled.

 

‘She’s over on the other room.” Jin Young tilted his head to the side to show her the direction.

 

Yuri slowly walked towards the pointed room. She slowly opened the door, which lead her into brightly lit room.

 

There was a girl at the corner of the room. She was sitting on the floor, hands tied to her back, with a piece of black tape across . The girl looked surprise when she saw Yuri.

 

Yuri let out an inner sigh of relief when she saw Krystal. Thank god she is still alive. She turned back, with a seemingly faceless expression, to Jin Young and his crew.

 

“How is it now? Yuri?” Jin Young said.

 

“Knowing you as a person, I am guessing that you probably won’t keep the end of our deal. Is that right?”

 

Jin Young smiled.

 

“You know me well, Yuri.”

 

“Do you have to kill me then?”

 

“Of course, it’s our job.”

 

“Was I not the best out of everyone else?”

 

“People can always be replaced. No matter how good they are, I can always train them again to be as good as you, or even better than you.”

 

Yuri let out a tear down her eye.

 

“It’s not fair, I followed every single one of your rules. I only wanted my freedom.”

 

“Being an assassin is a lifetime job, Yuri. There is no quitting for anyone here. Unless they are dead, and you won’t be an exception.” Jin Young said, “You should have listened to me, and I will turn you into a hero, the best of the best.”

 

Yuri stared straight into Jin Young’s eyes.

 

“You turned me into a monster. A killing machine without freedom.”

 

“Oh Yuri… you are still a kid.” Jin Young said, “You won’t understand how the real world works and how foolish you were.”

 

“You killed the one person I loved.”

 

“She was a distraction to you. Better off dead.”

 

“She was the only person who knows me – the REAL me!”

 

“There is no REAL you!” Jin Young shouted, “You were born to kill and that’s it!”

 

Yuri closed her eyes and opened them quickly. The anger was arising; she had never been so angry in her life. She recalled how Tiffany died protecting her, how she killed every single one of her victims in the most vicious ways ever. She was a sin, and she will revenge those who made her like that.

 

“You taught me well, Jin Young. That is why…” Yuri said, “I am not keeping the end of my deal too.”

 

Upon speaking those words, Yuri pulled out her pistol and shot the goon standing next to Jin Young. The latter fell down, lifeless. She then proceeded to shoot Jin Young, but the man was fast enough to use another one of his goons as a shield. Yuri shot his shield instead.

 

Soon, everyone pulled out their weapons and opened fire. Yuri was shot on her arm, and she fell back to the room Krystal is in upon the impact. She took cover behind the door and shot back.

 

The real war begins now.

 

---