Chapter 6

Secrets

A/N: Sorry for the late update!! For one, I was on a flight back to Hong Kong from San Francisco and the airport authorities told me they left my luggage in the SF airport. My laptop was in it so there goes the delay. The other reason... I am sure most of you have heard of the bombing in Bangkok... well... one of the victims who died was my not-very-close friend. Nonetheless, I was feeling rather upset because she was so young, and it's painful to see someone so young to die... such tragedy. My prayers to her and those victims who suffered from the bombing in Thailand. To my readers, I hope you can send your prayers to those victims in Thailand too. As always, please inspire me with your comments :)

 

Chapter 6

 

“Yoona!” Sunny rushed from the elevators, “They got her. They got Yuri.”

 

Yoona widened her eyes.

 

“In the interrogation room.”

 

They went to the first floor of the building and into the interrogation room where Yuri was waiting.

 

“I will be watching from the mirror.” Sunny said.

 

Yoona nodded. She knocked before she got inside the room.

 

“Hello there, Yuri.” Yoona calmed herself. But inside her, adrenaline was pumped all over her body because she needed to know about Jessica.

 

Yuri looked at her, serious.

 

“Please, you have to let me go.” She said.

 

“Yuri, please calm down. We will do that after we have asked you some questions.” Yoona said while looking at the mirror. Behind the mirror, Sunny stood there watching her; she nodded.

 

Yuri bit her lip. She had to tell them.

 

“This is about Jessica.”

 

Yoona widened her eyes and looked up from her notepad.

 

“What is it about Jessica?”

 

“A group of people were trying to kill us,” Yuri gulped down the lump on , “They took Jessica yesterday.”

 

“Who were those people?”

 

“I don’t know! If I don’t get back to them by tomorrow, they will kill her! That’s why you have to let me go.”

 

Yoona sat there, surprised. Her eyes wondered to the people behind the mirror. She ran out from the interrogation room with a confused mind.

 

---

 

“Yoona, I don’t think we can call for the squad.”

 

“Unnie! You heard what Yuri said. They will kill her tomorrow if she doesn’t get out!” Yoona exclaimed.

 

“You are blinded by your emotions, Yoona! Think about it, what gives us the right to trust this girl, whom we don’t even have identification of?”

 

Yoona was silenced. Truth was, her emotions did blind her a little, but she had her ration here. She knew they were not going anywhere with finding where Jessica was. Even Yuri, their last string, does not know a clue.

 

“Unnie, are you really not going to get the squad?” Yoona asked again.

 

“For the last time Yoona, no means no.” Sunny said once more.

 

Yoona stomped out of the room. If the headquarters were not going to do anything to save a human life, she will. She will do anything within her power to protect the ones she loved.

 

---

 

Yuri was sitting in the cell. She was nervous, because if she cannot think of a way to get out, Jessica will be dead. Then, she heard footsteps.

 

It was the girl who interrogated her earlier today. She looked up to her.

 

“You, Kwon Yuri.”

 

Yuri stood up and faced her direction.

 

“Is it true that Jessica has been captured by those people?”

 

Yuri nodded.

 

“Do you where you need to meet those people?”

 

Yuri handed a slip to her. It was an address with zip code. Yoona nodded.

 

“If anyone ask you this, deny anything I have said to you. I am not going to repeat this.” Yoona said, “Tomorrow, I will get you out of the cell and the headquarters. I will drive you to this address.”

 

Yuri nodded.

 

“You and I will go in and save Jessica.”

 

“They said they would only allow me in.” Yuri said.

 

“Fine. I will be your back up.” Yoona said finally. She then looked around her surroundings and saw no one. She heaved a sign of relieve.

 

“Remember this. If anything happens to Jessica, I will not forgive you.” Yoona glared one more time at her before she quickly left the cell level.

 

---

 

“Good job.” The middle-aged man said as he exhaled his cigarette smoke, “You finally did one thing correct.”

 

Junsu nodded with a smile.

 

“Once Yuri comes here, I will bring her to you” Junsu said.

 

The middle-aged man smiled. Everything was going according to plan.

 

“But after that, what will you do to her?”

 

“I have my ways of dealing with her. I want her to suffer the most painful way before she dies. She deserves to feel what I have felt.”

 

“What about the girl then?”

 

“Don’t you touch her Junsu. If I knew about you touching a single hair from her, your fate will be the same as Kwon Yuri.”

 

Junsu nodded.

 

“I will leave them both to you then.”

 

He bowed and walked out of the room, towards the room where the hostage was held. He opened the door, and in it sat a blind folded female figure.

 

“Hello there princess.”

 

“Who are you!”

 

“You don’t have to know who I am.” Junsu approached the girl and traced her jawline with his thumb. The latter jerked away from the touch.

 

“You know? If master didn’t order me not to touch you, I would have swallowed you up!”

 

“Screw off!”

 

Junsu laughed. “You know what? After tomorrow, your little white prince will be gone!”

 

Yuri? What are they going to do to Yuri?

 

“What are you planning to do to her?”

 

“She’s going to die. Just like everyone who betrayed the master.” Junsu whistled, “After that, why not considering coming to bed with me? I might consider not killing you.”

 

“Screw off!”

 

“I will give you some time to think about it.” Junsu said as he walked out of the wrong.

 

No… this is a trap, Yuri, don’t come to save me.

 

---

 

Sunny was staring at the report of Kwon Yuri, but her mind kept wondering off. Being the chief of the department for ten years, she knew about almost everyone in her team.

 

She knew Yoona. When the girl first came in, she already stood out amongst everyone else. She was bold and aggressive; eager to strive for the best in every single case she handled. Sunny has seen the fire in her eyes: if she wanted to do something, nothing can stop her.

 

She questioned about the suspect Yuri and Jessica Jung. When Yuri mentioned about Jessica, Sunny remember seeing the spark in Yoona’s eyes. She does not know about her relationship with Jessica other than the fact that the both were friends in high school. So why was Yoona so emotional?

 

They were not getting anywhere with the disappearance of Jessica Jung, she knew this quite clearly. There was no reason to trust the girl, but there was no reason to ignore a string of hope either.

 

She wonders back to Yoona. That girl… what is she going to do? The last time she saw her, she stomped out of her office with a grumpy face. Sunny hoped that the girl would not do anything stupid.

 

Her mind races, because knowing Yoona, the girl would never give up on anything. She thought about it, and then finally, she came up with a solution.

 

She will put a tracking device on Yoona. That way, she can know where the girl will be.

 

Sunny came out of the office, and went to Yoona’s cubicle, which was right across her room. Apparently, the girl had left a phone on her table.

 

She took the phone and smiled.

 

---

 

Yuri woke up from her slumber. She had been sleeping only with the purpose to regain her strength, because she will be on a very serious mission today. She will be saving Jessica.

 

05:59AM.

 

She will be having breakfast soon. She will need those for her energy that will be spent later…

 

---

 

Breakfast went as usual. Nothing went wrong. Good…

 

Yuri went back to her cell when breakfast ended and waited for her call. As if on cue, a young hooded woman came in.

 

“Hi Yuri, how are you doing?” she asked.

 

Yuri nodded in response and smiled.

 

“Someone is here to see you today.” She said and opened the gates of the cell. She led Yuri out and looked around suspiciously.

 

“Let’s go.” Yoona took off her hood and put on a cap. It was a clever way to disguise herself and confuse anyone who saw her act before.

 

Yoona led her through a long corridor. It was a detour to the nearest exit, because she knew people hardly ever use the detour, it would be less noticeable that way. The exit led them to a garage. There was a black Mini Cooper parked in the middle of the garage.

 

“Nice car.” Yuri smirked as she hopped onto the car. Yoona rolled her eyes.

Once they got into the car, Yoona took out a few things.

 

“Look… I don’t trust you at all.” Yoona said as she loaded her gun, “But because you are the only lead to Jessica, I have no choice.”

 

Yuri nodded and hung her head low.

 

“Here’s a new set of clothes, change them first, I don’t want anyone to recognize your identity.” She handed Yuri the clothes. The latter looked and smiled; it will definitely fit nicely.

 

“How’d you know my size?”

 

“I just chose mine and hope that it will fit on you.”

 

Yuri changed her clothes.

 

“Listen, you will have this earpiece with you. Whatever you say or hear, I can hear it from this.” Yoona held up a miniscule chip, “so if you are in trouble, I will be backing you up.” She gave the chip to Yuri. The latter put it on her ear.

 

“You will get this desert eagle.” Yoona checked the ammo once more; fully loaded. “And here is a few flash grenades you can use.”

 

Suddenly the alarm came up.

 

“, they know you’re gone.” Yoona started the engines up, “put on your seat belt, this will get rough.”

 

Yuri held onto the bars on the car. She put the gun in her pocket.

 

Yoona swung left and right to avoid the remaining cars in the garage. She made a sharp left turn when she needed do a U-turn up the garage; Yuri’s face got hit on the glass.

 

“I told you to hold on.”

 

Yoona looked at the signs; they were on lower level two, which means two more floors to go.

 

Suddenly, there were agents in front. They held out their guns and started shooting at Yoona’s car.

 

The glass shattered and debris fell onto Yoona’s seat. She revved the engines, ignoring the shots coming towards her direction. The agents jumped to the side and she successfully gone through lower level one.

 

One more floor to go.

 

“No !”

 

At the end, there was the exit, except the exit was closing up. Yoona slammed her palm onto the tires with frustration; they have to go faster. She revved the engines even further.

 

“Looks like we’ve got some company.” Yuri said. Yoona looked at her rear mirror; there were two cars chasing after her.

 

She smiled. If anyone knew her better, she was the best driver out of the team. She particularly chose the Mini Cooper because it was small in size. People have often mistaken the Mini Cooper as a slow vehicle, but Yoona’s was different; she had it modified. As for black… well… the low profiling is much needed.

 

She revved the engines again. It was the maximum now, but the gates were closing in fast, she closed her eyes and smiled.

 

5… 4… 3… 2… 1…

 

She opened her eyes and a loud thud coming from the back of the car.

 

Darn… her favorite baby got hit…

 

Yoona swung to the right just in time to see the cars behind her stopping. The gates have closed now. She smirked once again and headed to her destination.

 

“Nice driving.”

 

“You bet.” Yoona smirked.

 

Now, it’s time for their mission.

 

---