Dear Diary: What's Going On?

Dear Diary: Why Doesn't Luhan Love Me? [EDITING + Updating!]

Dear Diary: What's Going On?

(Chapter Seven)

“You’re so tall”

The first words to fall from my mouth had to be the most obvious thing to say to Kris. Fortunately for me, he chuckled and ruffled my head like I was his little sister. 

Yet we had only met just over an hour ago.

“I get that a lot” Kris had a gummy smile, as he gazed a little downwards to Chaeri who stood happily beside him. “This one hasn’t been able to stop saying it ever since we met at the station”

Chaeri covered as she giggled. She seemed really polite. She even asked me if she could give me a hug the first time we met today!

The four of us, including Kyungsoo, decided to meet up in front of the Starbucks in Gangnam. We chose a public space, in case one party wasn’t exactly who they said they were online.

But Kris and Chaeri were exactly who they were. The people they were on BlogNet, were the people standing right in front of me. I wished that I could rub the fact in Luhan’s face. But that could wait till we got back to Incheon.

“It’s nice to meet you too, Kyungsoo” Chaeri added, making sure that he felt included. “Do you go to the same school as Aera?”

“Ah, no” Kyungsoo chuffed contentedly, “We’re just friends. I’m supposed to be just staying at Incheon. But Aera dragged me with her, here to Seoul~”

“Ohhh, so you’re who she brought instead of manlymaaan?” 

I wanted to jump five feet into the air and cover Kris’ mouth with both of my hands. Anything to stop him from stalking.

Kris had spoken without thinking. I hadn’t told Kyungsoo that he was Luhan’s replacement. Let alone that there was a manlymaaan. 

“Manlymaaaan?” Kyungsoo’s expression became dejected but he tried to laugh it off “I..I’m not sure of who that is exactly…”

“N-never mind” I gave both Kris and Chaeri a weary look, hoping to change the subject. “So, are we getting some coffee?”

Hopefully caffeine and a sugar-fix would be enough to cover it up.

So, to me, you can sort of tell what kind of person someone is according to what they order at Starbucks. I noticed this as the four of us found a cozy place to sit on the second level of the coffee chain.

For instance, Chaeri ordered a dark double chip mocha frappe. It instantly matched her. It was refined yet still youthful and fun. Just like herr.

And then there was Kris, who ordered an Iced Americano. Simple, just like him yet bold and a little too honest.

As for myself, I am a caramel frappe kind of girl. Sweet most of the time, with a good shot of energy at the end. Nothing complicated. Even balanced.

It made me wonder what kind of drink that Luhan was. 

If I could suggest anything, he was a long black coffee that had gone cold- with way too much sugar in it. (But of course, I would previously said that he was a strawberry and cream frappe). 

“It must be great to finally meet each other” I gazed at Kris and Chaeri who only looked lovingly at each other. “It must also be great to find someone that you really like and also really likes you”

The two giggled at my words, with Chaeri, who patted me on my hand from across the table. 

The three of us had been seated on the second level of Starbucks for a while now, as Kyungsoo went down to order. He insisted that we get a seat since it always got so busy. 

“I’m sorry” She bowed with her head. Chaeri was way too polite. It was almost crazy! “I wish things turned out better with… you-know-who

Kris tried to get the gist of what we were talking about as he sipped on his Iced Americano. I guess he only knew half the story. 

“Omg” I shrugged it off and chuckled at Chaeri’s empathetic look. “Seriously, if anything, I’m glad Luhan isn’t here. It’s like what life was before it revolved around him”

“True true” She gave an encouraging smile this time. “Anyway, I think Kyungsoo gives off more of a manly man feel then manlymaaan himself”

“-speaking of” Kris interrupted and his expression seemed concerned. “Kyungsoo sure is taking his time” 

“I can go check” Chaeri offered, already leaping out of her seat. 

“No. He’s my friend. I’ll go” 

Kyungsoo couldn’t have gone far? But what was taking him so long? 

A rush of guilt flooded over me as I headed down the stairs towards the ground level where the cash registers and baristas were. Kyungsoo was no where to be seen. I was beginning to think that he had heard exactly what Kris had said- that he was Luhan’s replacement. 

But he was level headed, right? He wasn’t like Luhan who seemed to react to everything in the most adverse way. 

“Ex-excuse me” I told myself not freak out as I approached the barista, “Did a guy order a drink around 5 minutes ago? Wide eyes? His name is Kyungsoo?”

The girl behind the counter gave me a funny look then shook her head. 

“Usually I remember the names that customers give me. But I’m pretty sure no one by the name of Kyungsoo has ordered anything”

“Are you sure?” I insisted, pointing the computerised cash register. “Can you check? Please?!”

“Listen” The Barista was close to mad but I was getting frantic. “I can’t disclose that kind of information. But I am certain that this person hasn’t ordered anything. Okay?”

“Kyungsoo? Please answer my calls. I just want to know where you’ve gotten to. Please”

I left the nth message on his cell phone yet he hadn’t answered or replied. Chaeri and Kris were helping me with the search as we split up around Gangnam, looking for Kyungsoo. 

I went on my own, leaving the couple to look together. It was my fault that they weren’t having quality couple time. 

Evening fast approached and the city lights had begun to switch on. Where would Kyungsoo go? We had already called up the hotel and no one has checked into any of our booked rooms. 

I could give up. But I didn’t go all the way to Seoul to give up once more. 

“Kyungsoo!” I resulted in shouting his name down the alleyways that were filled with stalls and small stores. “Where are you?!”

Was it useless? Or would somebody hear me?

“Aera?!” 

A more frantic voice echoed me but I still couldn’t match the voice to any of the people that were rushing past me in the midst of the crowds. 

“Kyungsoo! Where are you?!” I yelled out once more, cause the street vendors to give me unpleasant looks. “Kyungsoo?!”

I found an empty corner and settled myself there. Staying in one place would be easier for whoever was finding me, and I hoped that it was Kyungsoo. 

“It’s me Aera” I shouted once more, waving my hand in hopes that that someone would see it. “Kyungsoo, I’m over here!”

We sat in pure silence in the lobby of the hotel. 

My head was spinning with every possible thought running through it. I didn’t want to believe that this was happening but the person sitting next to proved otherwise.

“…Where’s Kyungsoo?” My voice shook, as I forced out words. I didn’t want to speak but I had to, to make sure that Kyungsoo was safe. “Where is he?”

“On a train back to Incheon” 

Luhan’s eyes faced the ground below as he fiddled with his cell phone in his hands. I still couldn’t believe that he was here. Maybe I could slap him on the arm and if it hurt; then it was real.

“How.. do you know?” What if Luhan just thought he saw Kyungsoo?

“He literally ran into me at the train station when I arrived” He answered me before slowly handing me his phone. The screen was cracked right in the centre. “I dropped my cell and before I could stop him from leaving; he was already headed for platform seven for the train back home”

Chaeri and Kris were on their way back to the hotel after I messaged them about Luhan knowing where Kyungsoo was. They had ended up searching all over the city and would have to take two buses back to where we were.

I tried calling Kyungsoo once more.

Ring, ring. Ring, ring… 

“-hello?”

“Kyungsoo, it’s me, Aera. Please, don’t hang up. I.. I need to explain everything to you, okay?”

“I don’t know” Kyungsoo’s voice was hushed. “You didn’t mean for me to go with you to Seoul in the first place… What do you need to explain?”

“-that I messed up, big time” I was as apologetic as I could be. Turning away from Luhan, I let out the truth. “You weren’t the first person that I wanted to come with me. But I’d regret asking anyone else but you… How far are you till Incheon?”

Kyungsoo chuckled softly and I didn’t expect that sort of reaction.

“As far as Seoul, Aera. Look behind you…”

And so I did.

Even though I expected a scene right out of a movie, I didn’t expect to see Do Kyungsoo standing in the middle of the hotel lobby.

----

A/N: ITS BEEN SO LONG! I hope you guys haven't forgotten about this lil story of mine haha!

So much drama all of a sudden, no thanks to Luhan. I wonder how Aera will deal with the both of them with her on her trip to Seoul~

Anywho, thanks so much for reading and sticking around! :D I've missed writing and all of you :3

Please don't forget to subscribe / comment / upvote (if you please~haha). 

I always love hearing from all of you, so it would be appreciated! 

Till the next chapter <3