Dear Diary: There's This Guy

Dear Diary: Why Doesn't Luhan Love Me? [EDITING + Updating!]

Dear Diary: There's This Guy

(Prologue)

#

  I love my friends. Don't get me wrong.

  But when it's 9PM on a school night and you're stuck with a group of five girls and six guys AND you have a history paper due tomorrow- it's hard to love them.  This is especially the case when they refuse to leave the Karaoke room, despite having a singing marathon for the last five hours.

  Karaoke marathons had become a bad habit of our group. I mean, it was definitely fun at first. But when you wake up the next morning with your ears ringing and only half an hour left to get to school because you had slept in from sleeping so late... 

 "Here comes trouble!" 

  Oh Sehun was singing 'I Got A Boy' for the fourth time this evening. Every time he sang the Girl’s Generation hit, the more and more passionate it got. This was courtesy of Kim Jongin, who encouraged him every time the microphone fell into Sehun’s hands.

  Zhang Yixing would happily sing along to whatever tune was being sung, whilst Kim Jongdae would try to harmonize as back up singer. Chanyeol would talk up the rest of the girls (even though our entire group had been friends for so many years).

  This left me- and one Luhan.

  Having been the fifth week in a row that our group had gone for our weekly karaoke night, I had the chance to observe Luhan more closely than I could at school. Even with the mini laser lights beaming around the room and loud speakers that would amplify Sehun's singing. It was fascinating to get to know the kind of person Luhan was out of our Academy. 

  I first realised that he wasn't much of a talker unless he was spoken to. Luhan also had a sweet melodic voice whenever he sung ballads. I also figured out that he was not only handsome and good looking- but he was a total gentleman.

  Funnily enough, I had known Luhan like the rest of the group ever since junior high. We even had countless classes together- yet I never had the chance to properly observe and know Luhan like I did now.

  This very fact struck me tonight.

  "Seems like Sehun is at it again" I mentioned to Luhan who sat hunched over, snacking on the rice cakes and convenience store crisps. He only sang one song tonight. For the rest of the evening I noticed that he had either spent it quietly eating or typing away at his cell phone. Strange.

  "I think he's planning on auditioning at SM Entertainment" Luhan chuckled before giving me his full attention. He now sat upright against the karaoke room lounge. "It's getting late too. I think we all should call it a night"

  Finally, someone who was thinking the same as me!

  "Good luck in convincing them to go home" I gestured to all the guys except for Chanyeol. They were up by the large screen where the lyrics were displayed. They were no longer singing but competing for who could do the best arm wave.

  "I still have a history paper to finish off... I should’ve just missed this week's karaoke meet up"

  "Mmm" He nodded gently and looked to me with a half concerned gaze, "I've got an engineering project to work on too.. But hey, I rode my motorcycle here tonight. If you want, I could give you a lift home?"

  Wait- what?

  With those simple words I found myself completely oblivious to the noise, sounds and lights around me. What just rushed past me like the wind? What did Luhan just ask?

  I could never picture myself riding a motorcycle. My parents would even forbid the thought of it! Let alone riding behind Luhan. Someone tell me what's happening!

  Admittedly, I was beginning to link parts of this puzzle, one by one.

  With only a single glance at Luhan and his grin, I knew why I felt like the world around me was slowly fading away into gray. 

  I had feelings for Luhan.

  "Aera?" He waved his hand in front of my face and chuckled at my clueless expression.

  "I mean, if you want to get out of here...?"

---

  Five minutes later and after much deliberation, here I am trying to keep the skirt of my school uniform from flipping upward in the rush of the traffic. At the same time, I’m attempting to keep my balance with my arms wrapped around Luhan's waist as he sped into the highway. We were headed home.

  "Hold on tighter!" Luhan shouted. He began to weave between cars and trucks. I hoped he wouldn't attempt to weave through the late night buses. They’re notorious for having no mercy on the streets.

  Exhilarating is an understatement to describe how I felt. The evening air was crisp and cold but all I could feel was his warmth channeling through the leather jacket he wore over his uniform.

  Why was it only now that I was able to experience this side of Luhan?

  "Ah! Slow down!" I shrieked, unable to ride with my eyes open. I was afraid that I'd see the vehicle ahead that we could crash into if we weren't careful. "I'm freaking out back here!!!"

  Maybe I should've just taken the bus instead. But then again, how could I refuse a lift home? -Especially from the one person that I was clearly crushing over.

  "Open your eyes"

  Luhan teased and I could feel the motorcycle slowing down. My eyes were still shut but perhaps there was traffic. So I took his word for it.

  The late night skyline was overwhelming. The city lights reflected onto the body water beneath the bridge that we were crossing. Luhan was right. I should've have opened my eyes earlier since we had already crossed 3/4 of the bridge.

  "...Wow" I gawked and I almost let go of my grasp on his waist. There was something different about seeing the city from outside the constraints of the 315 Bus that would usually take me home.

  "It's more beautiful than I remember"

  "Mhmm" He hummed as he also took in the sights, "I'm glad that I'm not the only one enjoying it tonight"

  "Well, I'm glad you shared it with me" I called out as he began to speed up, revving the bike once more, "Thank you, Luhan"

  "…And I'm glad you trust me enough to take you home"

Luhan laughed it off as he snuck a quick look towards me. His smile was infectious. Despite the bubbling fear of losing my balance and completely flying off his motorcycle- I couldn't help but grin ever so widely.

  For the first time in a long while, I finally found a reason to start writing in my diary once again.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Chapter one done! How was it? Actually, it was more like a prologue/short background to Aera and Luhan's 

friendship :3

Please don't forget to subscribe if you haven't / comment as well / & up vote if you'd like to ! 

I appreciate anything and everything haha~~~ Till the next chapter!

A/N 2: Chapter one updated!