Dear Diary: Listen Up

Dear Diary: Why Doesn't Luhan Love Me? [EDITING + Updating!]

Dear Diary: What If?

(Chapter Nine)

“We’re breaking up, I can’t hear you”

Slowly chomping on my breakfast toast, I had gotten out of bed way before Chaeri, Kris, Luhan and Kyungsoo. It was our second morning, and last day in Seoul, so I wanted to get an early start to get as much as I could done before our train home later in the afternoon.

My cell phone kept me company as my Mother gave me a call, she seemed a little frantic, like she was running around as we spoke.

“Sorry” Mom apologised, seeming to stop her pacing, “I’ve been packing our bags. We’re heading straight to Busan. Uncle Jeong was admitted to the hospital last night”

I almost spat out my food before forcing myself to swallow the toast. I didn’t expect that kind of news. Suddenly, my family was all over the country, with me in Seoul and my parents on the way to Busan?!

“Why?! What happened?!” I hoped that Uncle’s family was alright; especially my cousin, Emi. It’s been a while since I’ve spoken with her, especially since she’s been at college for the last two years and balancing her parents business at the same time.

“We’re not quite sure” My Mom took a deep breath, “But we’ll be in Busan for about a week, helping them settle and to wait on Uncle’s recovery. You’re coming home today, right?”

“Mm” I now sat deflated in my seat. “I’ll be home by 5PM this evening. But you and Dad will be at Busan by then”

“Correct. Do you have your set of house and car keys with you?”

I sank even lower in my seat. The picture of my orange lanyard, complete with a kiiroitori keyring and my keys, was plastered in my mind. I knew that I had left them on my table in my room.

“…No” I bit my lip and expected my Mom to rage at me through the phone.

“I thought so” She must have been too distraught by the sudden news about Uncle Jeong to even react, “I found your keys in your room and gave them to Uncle Choi. But he’s on a business trip and will be back tomorrow morning, so you’ll have to pick them up from him only then”

“What am I supposed to do till tomorrow morning?!” I couldn’t possibly be homeless for a night.

This was another wave of news that was too much for me to process. So much that I didn’t even realise that Kyungsoo and Luhan had joined me at the table for breakfast.

“That’s what I’ve been thinking about too” Mom sighed once more. I didn’t want to burden her, but then again, I am her daughter. “Do you have any funds left on your debit card? Could you stay in Seoul till tomorrow?” 

Fortunately for me, I hadn’t spent much whilst in Seoul, except for tourist activities and food. Other than that, most of the clothes and gadgets were pretty much the same as what we had back home. 

“I guess I could stay another night. But my friends are leaving today”

“Even, wait- what’s his name again? The one who’s visiting Incheon, the one who came with Chanyeol?” 

“Kyungsoo?”

I looked up from my now cold piece of toast, towards Kyungsoo who slurped his yoghurt; trying to look like he wasn’t eavesdropping on my phone call.

“Yes, him. Will he be coming home by himself?” She asked, seeming to want to have him to stay as my company.

“I don’t know, Ma. I’ll have to ask” It was only the morning but I was already exhausted. “I’ll call you back and let you know the plans, okay? Don’t worry about me, and have a safe trip to Busan. Mm. Bye”

Luhan gazed at Kyungsoo for a second before looking to me, then back to Kyungsoo. Perhaps he was curious as to what was going on; just as much Kyungsoo himself.

“Your mom?” Kyungsoo smiled warmly. His tummy must be full of breakfast. Unlike me.

“…Yeah” 

I huffed a short breath before explaining what had happened with my Uncle and where my parents were headed for. Both Luhan and Kyungsoo showed their concern but Kyungsoo was more vocal about it. Luhan only sat quietly and absorbed the conversation.

“I guess I could stay another night” Kyungsoo had no problem with my Mother’s  idea. “If we divide the room cost two ways, then it’d be cheaper for the both of us”

Choking on my orange juice, I didn’t anticipate that he would suggest sharing a room; considering that the girls and guys on this trip had been separated. But it occurred to me that nothing was going on between Kyungsoo and myself; unlike Kris and Chaeri- so there wouldn’t be any kind of ‘tension’ between us in sharing a room for one night. 

“That.. That works” I nodded before wiping my mouth with a serviette. 

“I can go arrange that wit the concierge” Kyungsoo offered as he rose up from his seat at the table. “Won’t be long!”

Luhan stared towards him as he exited the breakfast buffet and headed for the main lobby. I myself, watched Luhan as he stared. 

Waiting for Kyungsoo to be completely out of sight, Luhan leant an inch closer onto the table across from me and gave his best raised eyebrow. It was as if he had been practicing for a while now.

“Are you sure you don’t like him?” He didn’t even bother to greet me with a ‘good morning!’. 

“Don’t you think by now, I’d be melting into a pool of mush at the thought of sharing a hotel room with the guy I like?” I rolled my eyes before finishing my juice. “Seriously Luhan? You really think I have a thing for him?”

“Every situation seems to prove so” He traced a finger over his empty cup of coffee. “So it’s hard to not think that way”

“-even when I say that my feelings are the same, that I still like you?” I placed my glass down heavily onto the table. “What am I supposed to do to prove that I like you?!”

It turned out that we hadn’t done much for most part of the day. If anything stood out, it was only the last lunch that we had with Chaeri and Kris at a BBQ restaurant just outside of Gangnam that Suho had recommended.

Right after, Kyungsoo, Luhan and myself had dropped the happy but now somber couple at the central train station. They were now heading their separate ways back home.

“I wish we had more time” I sighed as I gave Chaeri a warm hug, “Especially for the two of you”

Chaeri forced a smile as she gazed towards Kris who bit his lip. Two days wasn’t enough and you could see that fact on their faces.

“Some time is better than none at all” Kris tried to chuckle. “I mean, there’s always BlogNet. It’s not like we’ll never see each other again, right?”

“Definitely!” I punched him softly on the arm before Luhan and Kyungsoo exchanged their goodbye’s too. “Let’s start planning for out next trip, okay?”

“So this is your room”

Luhan’s voice had a trace of sarcasm as he swung open the hotel room door open. The concierge had moved us to a room on the upmost floor. Kyungsoo and myself had anticipated a skyscraper view of Seoul- but with our budget, all we could get was a simple room with a view of the office building across the street.

“It’s… cozy” I was ready to shut the door on his face, but I couldn’t be that rude. After all, Luhan did bring all of our luggage for us, since Kyungsoo went out to buy dinner and snacks for later this evening. “At least we have somewhere to stay. And where were you planning to spend tonight, Luhan?”

Digging into his back pocket, Luhan pulled out a key card- the kind used to open the hotel doors. Reading the number plastered on the card, I quickly moved back to see that it was the very same number of the room directly across from ours.

“Really?” This time it was me doing the eyebrow raising. “Anyway, why are you even staying in Seoul again?”

“Someone has to keep an eye on both Kyungsoo and yourself” He scoffed then dumped Kyungsoo’s night bag on the floor with a thud. “He’s a teenage guy too, you know?”

“But I don’t like him, you know?” I mocked Luhan’s voice then shook my head. Nothing was getting through to him. 

“You tell yourself that” 

“And I’m telling you, that for some reason, it’s you that I like!”

---

A/N: gosh luhan. get. it. through. your. head! hahaha

AND WHO IS THIS ‘WIDEEYES’ commenting???? (I think its pretty obvious lol)

has it been long guys? sorry for the wait! hopefully you’re still in tune with this series xD ANDDDD if you’re a regular with my blog; you could figure out that ‘Emi’ and her situation in the beginning of this chapter is linked to my new BTS series hhehehe. Gotta love a crossover, right?

anywho, THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING :) Please don’t forget to hit subscribe / upvote / comment ~! I appreciate it all ^^

(I've been lagging in responding to comments; so please forgive me!!!)

Hope everyone has been well!!!