Dear Diary: I Know Something

Dear Diary: Why Doesn't Luhan Love Me? [EDITING + Updating!]

Dear Diary: I Know Something 

(Chapter Two)

  "Why are we doing this again?!"

  I heaved and panted as I tried to catch another breath. It had been a long while since I had been jogging. So I was beginning to question why I had agreed at all.

  Kai found this study online about exercising being a key factor to doing well in exams and decided to experiment on our group of friends. All of us hastily took part in it, thinking that even if it didn't work- at least we were doing something other than sticking our faces in our textbooks. 

  Well, all of us besides Luhan.

  According to Sehun, Luhan was feeling fatigue and his parents blamed it on over studying. They forced him to take a day off and rest at home.

  If only all our parents were like that. 

  "Don't you feel your brain cells growing?" Chanyeol joked. Lucky for him, his legs were long and he was quite nimble.

  "No!!!" Sunhi shrieked but she continued to run, "I feel like my legs are about to fall off! How many more laps do we have to do?!!"

  I tried my best to keep up with the gang as we circled the school's running track for the seventh time but my legs and joints were burning. I slowed down and eventually crawled myself to the center of the track and collapsed onto the green grass.

  I wondered where Luhan was. Was he truly that tired? He hadn't logged on to BlogNet since yesterday morning.

  Assuming that he really is @manlymaaan.

  Speaking of, it had been almost a week since the supposed BlogNet incident and I had managed to maintain steady conversation with @manlymaaan online. Funny thing was, we started to learn so much about each other yet we never exchanged our real names.

  He really loves his motorbikes and enjoys writing in his spare time. I also found out that @manlymaaan was planning to study Engineering after high school; despite his parents wanting him to study Business and Commerce so that he could take up his Grandfather's company. 

  So if @manlymaaan was Luhan, why were all these minor details the very things that I, and the rest of our friends, didn't know about him? 

  It made me wonder if I was just imagining things; that these feelings for Luhan were making me misconstrue who I thought was @manlymaaan.

  They could be two different people and here I was, making up this whole thing.

@manlymaaan sent you a message!

'how's it going, rararang?! not too busy to talk? xD ah, you're probably studying, right?'

rararang replied:

'nope, just out exercising! well, was anyway. stuff that hahaha! what about you, huh? are you getting in all the study that you can, mr. engineer? exams are like, two weeks for my school. is it the same for yours? D:''

@manlymaaan sent you a message!

'that's crazy! so is mine~ I totaly forgot to ask you what school you went to! And yeah...  I spent last night at the library till like 1AM and I was planning to go first thing this morning but I got injured last night... I stacked it on my motorbike'

  If this was Luhan that I was talking to; was this one more thing that all of us didn't know about him? 

---

  According to @manlymaaan, his injuries weren't life threatening but were enough to send him to the emergency room last night and leave the whole side of his left arm in bandages.

  He told me that he didn't tell his parents but just told them that he would be taking public transport because "the police were targeting student bikers"; and that he wouldn't want to worry them.

  I couldn't help but think that if this was Luhan and that if none of his own friends knew (not even Sehun!); then someone needed to help him, right? This couldn't wait till Monday, especially since today was Saturday. I couldn't wait till school to clarify these assumptions.

  So here I found myself, standing at the corner of the street where Luhan (and maybe even @manlymaaan) lived. 

  The rest of the guys and girls had ventured to the mall for dessert after our jogging session. How ironic. But I decided to head home and wash up, pack the extra green onion pancakes that my Mom had cooked last night and made my way to where I was now standing.

  I was here becaue I wanted to confront Luhan, because maybe if I did so, I'd confront the crush that I had on him. 

BEEP!

@manlymaaan sent you a message!

'i hope I didn't freak you out with the whole accident thing. trust me, it's not that bad :P also, you're the only one that I've told about this...'

I was one house away when I received his message. @manlymaaan had really confided in me... more than Luhan ever did in real life. Do I appear differently through the screen of a phone than I do in real life? What was the difference?

@manlymaaan sent you a message!

'p.s I also hope that I'm not coming on as creepy or anything! I promise I'm a real teenage guy not some old creep LOL :P look, I'll send you a selca~~~ (don't judge the bed hair; I've been resting all day, aight?'

@manlymaaan sent you an image!

  Fading red hair, eyes like a deer in headlights and a smile that I've only ever seen on person's baby like face.

  He even had the bandages running from his left hand all the way up his arms; the very same hands that grabbed mine as he swept me away onto his motorbike and took me home that one night.

  I wasn't imagining things. My mind and heart weren't playing games on me- and apparently, neither was he.

  My feet began to take me back around the corner of the street, further and further away from the doorstep of Luhan's house. I couldn't imagine what would have been if I had knocked on the front door and realised the truth.

  All this time, my gut feeling was right and I wanted to be proud of myself for joining the dots but at the same time I felt almost delirious. 

  I was immersed into something bigger than I could've ever thought could've happened. I didn't know what to do except to run back to the bus stop- even if my legs were beyond exhausted and worn out from this day.

  @manlymaaan was Luhan. And Luhan was @manlymaaan.

---------------------------

A/N: yay for chapter two! and yay for the reveal of manlymaaan LOL though you guys already saw that coming hahaha

I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter! Please don't forget to subscribe (if you haven't!), leave a comment (cause I love reading them!) & upvote (if you'd like to hehehe) 

A/N 2: edited and formatted!

Thanks so much :3