Dear Diary: This Is Crazy

Dear Diary: Why Doesn't Luhan Love Me? [EDITING + Updating!]

Dear Diary: This Is Crazy

(Chapter One)

  Preparation for our mid-term exams paved the way for the end of our weekly karaoke sessions. Gone were the days of Girls' Generation karaoke marathons and here were the times spent at the school library until closing time, and hours afterwards spent at the City Library.

  It didn’t help that the library was situated right beside a major shopping mall. But it did help when we were three hours into a study session and beginning to feel peckish for food.

  “It’s so bad but I’m craving fries” I happily admitted and I had already taken out my purse from my backpack. “Who wants to come with'?”

  The ten of us, including Minah, Seulgi, Chanyeol, Luhan, Sehun, Kai, Lay, Sunhi, Hyunae and myself had taken over the largest study room at the City Library. We were slaving ourselves over half a semester worth of missed advanced math class. It didn’t help that we didn’t have a permanent teacher and had free periods all that time. We ended up using that free time to muck around, naturally.

  It was almost 7PM and practically dinner time. None of us had time to physically go to a restaurant or even food chain to eat, so we had to eat whilst studying.

  “Me!” Seulgi was the first to jump out of her seat. “I’m starving…”

  “You two can’t go without one of us guys” Chanyeol insisted as he shut the front of his math textbook closed. “I’ll tag along too”

  Frankly speaking, I had hoped that Luhan would’ve came along too but he was much too absorbed in memorising all the formula that none of us could remember. I hadn’t had one-on-one time with him since the motorbike ride home. But I guess I was content with simply being with him in a group situation.

  “We’ll sneak in whatever we can” I mentioned to the rest who decided to stay back in the library. Of course, we weren’t actually able, nor allowed to bring food and eat at the library itself. But that’s where Chanyeol’s oversized backpack came in hand.

  This was the 8th time that we had done this, so of course we were professionals at this. Duh.

  “This line is crazy long!” Chanyeol impatiently tapped his feet as the three of us stood in line at the Potato Shack (which arguably had the best fries in town). “But their chili salt is sooo worth waiting for”

  “Agreed” Seulgi hummed as she casually sung to herself as we waited. In my opinion, I thought that the two of them were quite a match but I didn’t dare to hint at it. “At least the line is moving”

  None the less, we were still seven people behind from ordering. We were also too tired from studying to keep a normal conversation going. So leaving the two of them to babble among themselves, I pulled out my cell phone from my school skirt pocket. Fortunately, the shopping mall had free wifi. This meant that I could log onto BlogNet for the next ten minutes.

‘Contentment’ - @manlymaan posted a new diary entry 2 minutes ago

Dear: Diary,

Have you ever been contented? Or have you found yourself striving for more and more?

I don’t know about you, Diary, but I’ve been seeing myself in the latter. 

I want more from everything. Except not in a selfish manner (if that’s even possible). Is it wrong to want more?

This could be a little controversial. But that’s my two cents.

Your man, manlymaaan

  Manlymaaan was onto something with his blogpost. For some reason it was exactly what I felt about my situation with Luhan. I wanted to see the Luhan that I met that night, more and more. I also hoped that he wanted that from me too.

  But even I know that it’s too much to ask for.

rararang commented:

‘omg… it’s crazy but I totally feel the same way too. It seems selfish to want more but sometimes we can’t help it *sigh’

BEEP!

@manlymaaan replied to your comment

‘glad to see that someone else feels the same way :-) not many people dare to agree… P.S would it be rude to guess if you felt this way about certain guy problems? in re: to your last blog post :P’

  Maybe I was more transparent than I thought… Even my crush issues are showing through my online diary. Oh dear.

rararang replied:

‘am I that obvious? ah… I guess I’m an open book on BlogNet, huh?’

  “Yah, Kang Aera, what are we ordering?” 

  Seulgi nudged me back into reality and it appeared that we had reached the front of the line. We were now standing in front of the register. I was so engrossed in talking with manlymaaan that I failed to realise that I was even taking the steps forward.

  “Uh, one large… wait- I mean, three” I fumbled with my words, almost completely out of it. What was wrong with me? 

  “Ah, Chanyeol, you’re good at ordering, you do it”

  Chanyeol raised an eyebrow at me and it didn’t help that his height made him loom above me. Hopefully he hadn’t seen what I was typing.

  “Thought so” He chortled, now standing between Seulgi and I, “Okay, we’ll have five large servings of the chili fries and can we have the curly cut please?”

  After paying for the fries, at least five minutes had passed since we placed the order and we hadn’t received them. More so, five minutes had passed and manlymaaan hadn’t replied. 

  According to BlogNet, he was still online. Did I say something wrong?

BEEP!

@manlymaaan has sent you a message!

‘there’s absolutely nothing wrong with being an open book~ (even though I am completely over books right now… darn exam period!). I like books! haha…’

  “Are you not going to eat your share of fries?” 

  Sehun started to poke at the paper bag placed infront of me. Usually I’d flick away his hand in an instant, but a sudden thought clouded my mind.

  I swore I saw Luhan using BlogNet on his phone.

  Maybe I was imagining things and maybe I was still elated that I had found a friend in @manlymaaan. But the two dots seemed to connect.

  @manlymaaan suddenly started talking about exams on BlogNet. So he would’ve had to be in high school, right? 

  High school exams are always a few weeks before exam period for unviersity students. (And what kind of university student starts studying so many weeks ahead?!)

  More so, as soon as Chanyeol, Seulgi and myself get back to the Library, I gave Luhan his share of the fried goodness. I didn't just catch a glimpse of his weary studying expression, but I also caught a glimpse of his cellphone screen.

  I could recognise that light shade of blue anywhere (and the sight of the BlogNet logo helped the fact too).

  Was Luhan, @manlymaaan? 

  Or was this silly crush getting the best of me?

A/N: yay for chapter 1~ I quite like how this came about :3 I guess you can say I am content LOLOL.

I hope you guys like it! & please don’t forget to hit subscribe / upvote / & leave a comment

 You know how much I appreciate everything! It’s motivation too <3

A/N 2: updated!

Till the next chapter!!!