6

Tales of a Consulting Firm

“Could you please explain to me why this report is written in this font and why it has hearts over the ‘i’s?” Sanghyuk grumbled, over Minah’s cabin as he waves the folder filled with papers in his hand “where the hell did you even find that font?”
Minah shrugged, she knew she was being petty with her revenge on Sanghyuk, but this was entertaining as he continue to rant and squeal about the pretty font and the pink lettering. Haneul was a genius sometimes, Minah had to admit. It was these small things that put Sanghyuk off the most and Minah was having the time of her life doing exactly that.

“I wanted to show you my love for being very supportive when Grumpy Cat called me into his cabin.” Minah smiled as Sanghyuk shot her a look before eyeing Haneul’s cubicle.

“I should consider changing your department.” He said and Minah shrugged in response, she got along well enough with most of the heads here anyway. They seemed to like her for some reason.

“I think you should make me a schedule,” She recommended seriously, “and someone should give the Boss Man some coffee.”

“I think you should ask him out to coffee.” Haneul piped up over the partition as Minah turned around and leaned back in her chair till she caught a glimpse of Haneul’s smirking face.

“I think you should decide between marrying Jaehwan and Wonshik.” she replied smugly as Sanghyuk “Ooooohh-ed” and Haneul's spluttered.

“Who is getting married?” Hongbin appeared with another sheaf of papers which he tossed on Haneul’s desk.

“Haneul, Jaehwan, and Wonshik apparently.” Hyuk snorted as Hongbin smirked at Haneul who looked mutinously at Minah who had innocently returned to work.

“You might want to tell Hakyeon about that,” Hongbin said “also add that data onto the website, it's Intimately’s details. They've signed an agreement with us.” He indicated to the sheaf of papers on hr table.

“Tell me what?” Hakyeon piped up as he popped up beside Hyuk causing everyone to jump. Hakyeon had a habit of appearing everywhere his name could be heard - which often made people wonder if he had some super hearing.

“Haneul, Jaehwan, and Wonshik are getting married.” Hongbin nodded as Haneul put her hand up to halt the nonsense. Except Hakyeon had already gone into mother hen mode.

“Three of you getting married?! How is that going to work out? What is the logistics of this wedding? When did this happen? You should ask Taekwoon for his blessings.”

“Except he's hungover.” Hyuk mumbled.

“Except he's hungover.” Hakyeon conceded.

“Why is it that this crap always happens around my cubicle?” Haneul groaned as the three around her laughed and dispersed. Hyuk had forgotten about the report that had been submitted to him by Minah.

“You attract trouble.” Minah chuckled as she stretched before leaning over her keyboard again.

“Speaking of trouble,” Haneul peeked over the cubicle “Taekwoon appears to be on a rampage.” She mumbled as the office resounded with the door slamming and a curse. Minah held back a laugh as she watched a squinty eyed Taekwoon fumble with the door attempting to hush it.

“Why are you laughing duckling?” Haneul whispered as Minah pointed at Taekwoon who was squinting around the office trying to adjust to the light around him. A screech was heard from Jaehwan’s cubicle (a sign that the artist was at work) which caused Taekwoon to jump and hold his head.

“Jaehwan is going to die?” Haneul hazarded a guess as Minah shook her head, before standing up and heading into the breakroom. Haneul noted Minah hurrying out with a cup in her hand, trying hard not to spill its contents and handing it over to Taekwoon who looked at her surprised.

Haneul shook her head as Minah grinned at her and headed back to her cubicle. This girl was inadvertently attracting Taekwoon’s attention and Taekwoon was giving her his attention all right, a lot of attention in fact. Going by Minah’s clueless smile, she had absolutely no idea that Taekwoon had taken notice of her.

“What are you doing child?” Haneul asked her.

“He needed coffee.” Minah shrugged, plopping down on her seat. Haneul sighed before turning back to her screen. Only to be interrupted by Sanghyuk hurrying back to Minah’s cubicle and dragging her away. Haneul looked up at the noise only to see Taekwoon still standing outside his cubicle and watching Minah following Hyuk laughing and trying to shove him away. He took a tired sip of his coffee before heading back into his cubicle only to have Hakyeon chase after him as he let out an aggravated sigh to turn around and deal with him.

Finances weren’t fun when someone was hungover let alone when you were sober. Haneul finally felt peace reign over the office. Other than Jaehwan’s excited chattering coming from his cabin which was interrupted by Wonshik’s entry.

“What’s all this Jaehwannie?” he asked fondly at the excited man who was jumping up and down in front of his screen.

“The views Wonshik! Look at the number of hits we’ve got on Business Cat!” Jaehwan exclaimed, pointing at the screen as Wonshik gaped at the large number of views the indicator showed.

“Damn! That’s amazing. The translations are really helping aren’t they?” Wonshik grinned as Jaehwan nodded, switching tabs to show the latest comic he was working on. Wonshik peered into the screen as he attempted to identify the outlines that Jaehwan had just started working on “what is that duck-like thing?”

“It’s Duckling!”

“What’s Duckling doing there? And why is Business Cat following Duckling around?” Wonshik blinked as Jaehwan rolled his eyes.

“Business Cat needs a love interest.”

“But why a Duckling?” Wonshik asked.

“Because you are stupid. Duckling is Business Cat’s ideal type!” Jaehwan grinned. Wonshik blinked as his mind ticked away putting together pieces of the puzzle.

“Ahhhh.” He smirked smugly as Jaehwan returned the look “speaking of ideal type, who is yours Jaehwannie?”

“Who else could it be?” Jaehwan began dramatically “it is you my beloved Wonshikkie.” He sing-songed as Wonshik laughed and placed a hand over his heart.

“Really? You’re my ideal type tooo!” he squealed his response as they looked at each other before bursting out laughing.

“But really Wonshikkie, I will need your help with this romantic interest. Tell me traits of your ideal type and we will try an incorporate it with mine and generally make Duckling a universal ideal type!”

“That would be really weird though.”

“Just name traits!” Jaehwan whined as Wonshik sighed.

“Tall!”

“Okay!”

“Smarrrt.”

“Of course!”

“Evil monster.”

“Whaat?” Jaehwan raised his eyebrow as Wonshik shrugged.

“What what?”

“You’re strange. Oh oh! Techie smart?”

“Yes!” Wonshik nodded as Jaehwan scribbled it down when the door opened and Haneul stood by the door.

“You idiots, we’ve been trying to call you for a meeting and you won’t pick up your damn phones!” she fumed as Jaehwan and Wonshik shrunk back as she stormed out. Wonshik leaned over and whispered in Jaehwan’s ear.

“Evil monster mode on.”