Chapter Seven

Like a dream

-Kyle's POV-

 
I started my first day at work with introductions to the staffs and artistes working in the company. I had a short orientation around too before I was handed over to a senior to guide me further. We spent time discussing on AOA's upcoming album. As I was still considered something like a freshman, I was practically observing most of the time. Though I did give some opinions when asked. 
 
"Kyle, you have majored and experience in Songwriting and Music Arrangement too right? Do you wanna try submitting a track for them to put in this album?", my senior Park asked.
 
"Oh can I? I would be more than glad to accept this opportunity"
 
"Of course you can. Let's give your skills a test for us to take a look at"
 
"Thank you sunbae. I will give my best efforts to make a good song that will suit them well", I said enthusiastically.
 
We continued till night fall and eventually went home. I was so busy concentrating at work that I didn't remember to check my phone.
 
"I knew it something was amiss last night when you asked me if I would be at the company today. Ahh oppa was that supposed to be a surprise? Anyway welcome to our family. Let's work hard together :D", Seolhyun had texted me in the afternoon.
 
"You seems to be busier than me that you have not reply me yet after so long. It's nearly to dinner time already. I hope you haven't forget to take your lunch and dinner. Take care oppa. I will be continuing my filming now too :)", she had sent another text in the evening.
 
"Sorry Seolhyunie. I was so into working that I forget to even take a look at my phone. A hardworking oppa right me? Kekeke. I've had my lunch with senior just now. How about you? Is it tough? Everyday your schedules seems so packed and ending your day late. Rest well okay? Are you done and at home already?", I finally replied as I got home.
 
It didn't took long before she replied me. 
 
"Um yeah. I'm in the van on the way back. Our Kyle oppa is even busier than me, that day one he already didn't even bother using his phone.. Anyways I had my fill too just now. It won't feel as tiring if you are with me..."
 
From the look of her message, she did seem a little upset about me not replying to her messages earlier. And did she just confessed to me or did she just gave me some hints of her heart? Nevertheless, I was smiling like a little boy on my bed.
 
***
-Seolhyun's POV-
 
During free time I texted Kyle oppa twice but it seems like he is busy on his first day of work. Even after filming I haven't heard from him. Only until I was halfway through dorm on the road that he finally replied me.
 
I know I shouldn't be sulking but I just ended up replying him back sounding sour. I wanted to tell him that I missed him but I was afraid it would get awkward so I told him a little bit indirectly. I sent the reply and waited anxiously for him to respond.
 
Suddenly instead of a respond he called me. 
 
"Hello.."
 
"Hello Seolhyuniee. Are you upset with me? I'm sorry if I caused you to feel this way because of my late reply. I'll be more prompt the next time so that I can be your strength when you're feeling tired from work okay? Anyway can you meet me for awhile? I've got something to say to you personally and it won't take long. I'll drive up to wherever you can meet"
 
With that, just that simply, he made me smile.
 
"Umm okay.. What is it that you have to say oppa? On the phone cannot?"
 
"Some things are better done in person.."
 
"Umm okay then. How about you drive into our apartment? I'll meet you at the playground. I'll text you the address shortly"
 
"Alright see you later Seolhyun-ah", he said and hung up.
 
"Seolhyun who is that on the line? Which oppa is that? Why are you giving him the address of the dorm?", manager eonnie who overheard our conversation asked.
 
"He is our company's new staff.. You know him too.. Just now you've seen him.. Don't worry eonnie we'll be fine. You can go up first eonnie", I promised her.
 
"You better do alright?", just like that she went up first.
 
I sat down on the swing and waited for Kyle. 
 
Suddenly I felt hands covering my eyes. Out of defence, I quickly tried to pull them away. Instead, my eyes were still covered and my body was slightly pulled backwards that it leaned on something that felt like a body. And a voice broke the silence, "Guess who?".
 
I was afraid at first but upon hearing the voice, it sounded familiar.
 
"Kyle oppa..?", I said a little hesitantly.
 
"Correct answer", he finally removed his hands and I turned around to look at him.
 
"Don't play this joke on me anymore. Especially at night. It's scary you know", I hit him repeatedly.
 
"Ouch. That hurts Seolhyun-ah"
 
"Serve you right", I put my tongue out like a kid.
 
"Alright you kid Seolhyun. It's getting late and you need to get a rest real quick so let me say this fast okay?", Kyle suddenly sounding serious.
 
He took the necklace on his neck out and put it on me as he said,"With this on you, you will feel me with you all the time, to give you strength whenever you need it. It might sound a little crazy but all these time spending with you was really happy for me. Not able to see you or hear you often makes me miss you more"
 
He then held my hands and looked into my eyes, "Can I be that one and only who can give you strength and take care of you always? I think I like you, Kim Seolhyun".
 
I was taken aback by his behavior. I tried to look away as I was feeling really embarrassed but instead he held me with both hands gently on my face and continued looking into my eyes with his eyes filled with so much sincerity.
 
____________________________________________
Hahahaha I ended it here. Damn my brain is losing ideas. I think this chapter seems boring though 😭 thanks for the subscriptions and comments 😁