Chapter Four

Like a dream

-Kyle's POV-

 
I initiated for us to leave as I was worried she would get into trouble if we were to continue our talk. I was wondering if I will be considered a friend now that I asked her directly. But all I got in response was totally a surprise. She spoke in a little bit weird way saying that we're friends and she just muttered some numbers out and left real quickly without even turning back. 
 
"What was that?", I thought.
 
But her behaviour was really cute though. I think I've started to have some positive feelings about this new girl I met. 
 
As I was walking on my way home, I was so deep in my thoughts thinking about the numbers she said. "010 2012 9513", what could these numbers mean. I passed by SK Telecom which was by the road of my neighbourhood and suddenly it came across my mind. Could it be that she was giving me her mobile number? It sounded quite ridiculous to me. Why would she, someone who is a public figure, be giving her number to me, someone whom she barely knew her number? I wondered all the way till I reached my doorstep.
 
I rang the bell and waited for someone to open the door. It has been long since I've been back in Korea and my family has moved into a new apartment.
 
It didn't took long before someone opened door.
 
"Tae Joonieeeee!! Welcome back home, my son!", my mum greeted me with her arms wide open.
 
I hugged her tightly and kissed her cheeks. It's been really long since I've seen her.
 
In my house, my whole family was present. They were all waiting for me to have dinner together. We had our family reunion and lots of catching up till late night. It was really warm.
 
"Tae Jooniee, you don't have a Korean sim yet right? I've helped you got one earlier. You can change your card now. The number is on the plastic", my mum handed me a sim card.
 
"Thank you mum", I took the sim card from her and started to change the sim into my phone.
 
"Hey Tae Min", I called out to my younger brother who was surfing the net on his laptop.
 
"Yes hyung?"
 
"Does most of the Korean mobile numbers starts with 010 and some eight numbers or so?", I asked him in curiousity of the numbers I heard from Seolhyun-ssi.
 
"Wow hyung. It must have been really too long that you are living overseas that you have forgotten all about your own country huh", Tae Min laughed.
 
"Stop teasing. Try living abroad for long and see if you will remember alot of things here. Come on now tell me will you?"
 
"Alright alright. Yes it is and why are you asking such a question hyung?"
 
Upon hearing his answer, I automatically had a smile. So it's sort of confirmed that Seolhyun had given me her number for whatever reasons may that be. But hell yes, I'm flying over the moon over that! I think it's not that easy for a normal human like me to get her number right?
 
I was jumping around singing randomly out of joy that my little brother had to snap me out.
 
"Ya hyung! What are you doing? Are you okay? Why are you so happy and jumping around like a loony?", he asked.
 
"Ya Kim Tae Min! How could you call your hyung a loony? Just keep quiet and watch your videos", I said as I hit him.
 
But right then, something on the screen of the laptop that he was watching captured my attention. He was watching a performance of some girl group and one the girls looked like Seolhyun. Being curious, I asked him.
 
"Miniee is that group called AOA?"
 
"Yeah. But wow how did you know them hyung? I thought you didn't know anybody else except for Girls' Generation and A Pink"
 
"Is this girl called Seolhyun?", I paused the screen upon Seolhyun's part and asked him again.
 
"Wow hyung you're fantastic! How did you know? Are you an Elvis too?"
 
"What Elvis? What are you talking about? But anyway thanks for the info. So do you know alot about them? Or rather Seolhyun?", I asked interestedly.
 
"Ah hyung.. I thought you were a fan when you said that. But it seems like you are not. Elvis is their fanclub name. Of course I like AOA if not why would I be looking at their videos? Why are you so interested in Seolhyun? Stop dreaming hyung! She is a star and you're just Mr Kyle Kim who is a nobody. You both wouldn't even get a chance to bump into each other", he sneered at me.
 
"Can't I be interested in a member? You have to have a bias in every group don't you. So she's my bias so of course I'm interested, you rascal. Well my little brother, you never know when fate knocked on your door", I smiled and walked to my room.
 
***
 
-Seolhyun's POV-
 
It has been a week since I had met Kyle. I still have not received any call or text message from him. Could he have not gotten the message that I wanted him to text me. Or could he not be interested to be closer with me. I sighed as I pondered.
 
"Ya Kim Seolhyun! What are you thinking about? Why are you sighing?", one of my close members Hyejeong asked.
 
"Ahh.. Nothing dongdong.."
 
"You're lying. You have something don't you? You aren't usually like this. You know you can't keep secrets from me. Come now spill the truth to me", she insisted.
 
"Really I'm fine. Just feeling a little tired from the busy schedules.. Let's hurry to the car. The rest are waiting for us to go down", I lied and tried to push the subject away.
 
"It's still not convincing Kim Seolhyun. For now I'll let it go since the rest are waiting and we'll be running late for practice if I continue but later on I will still pursue this matter okay", she said sternly.
 
I know she was just really caring for me. I was feeling guilty for that though. I bet she would tease me a lot if I told her about Kyle and the hopes and good feelings I've felt about him.
 
We headed down to join the rest in the car and headed to our practice room. Halfway through walking to our practice room, I saw a familiar looking guy coming out from the Staff Recruitment room. I stopped for awhile to look clearly. To my surprise, the prince-like looking guy that I was thinking about since the day I met him was there. 
 
"Seolhyun-ssi, hello", he walked up to me and greeted.
 
"Hi... What are you doing here?", I stuttered as I looked at him who was displaying his killer smile.
 
"I came here for an interview. How about you?"
 
"Oh..... I'm working for this company..", I said while trying to keep calm upon hearing that he might actually work for the same company as me.
 
"Seolhyun-ah! What are you doing there? Hurry up. The rest are waiting", Jimin eonnie came out of the room to get me.
 
Without me realizing, the rest of the members had already went into the room.
 
"Sorry eonnie. I'm coming.."
 
"Kyle-ssi I'm sorry I have to go. You've got my number right, the other time? You can give me a call or text anytime...", I embarrassingly said and headed into the practice room.
 
____________________________________________
 
Thanks for the subscriptions and comments. Will work hard on making it more interesting. Hopefully it doesn't get too boring. Will update Chapter Five later in the day 😄