Chapter Five

Like a dream

"Who's that guy? Do you know him, Seolhyun?", the members started questioning her the moment she stepped into the practice room. 

 
"Err.. Just... He's the guy who found and returned my phone back...", she responded as she started warming herself up, hoping to cease further questions.
 
"Your expression seems a little bit too much of a difference from before you met him. Your smile seems to have reached up till your ears Seolhyun-ah", Hyejeong joked.
 
"Yeah she's right. You do seem much more brighter now. Is he the reason why?", Jimin continued.
 
Seolhyun's face had turned a little red due to embarassment from the continuous attacks of questions regarding Kyle.
 
"Let's start practice my dearest members. Or else we will have not much time left. Choa eonnie and I are having other schedules later don't we? We don't have much time left till our comeback. We have to practice hard together right..? ", Seolhyun tried to brush off the subject.
 
"Yeah.. Practice hard of course we have to. You too Kim Seolhyun don't be too busy thinking about guys for now. You are busy enough with your drama and preparing for our comeback. You will be really tired..", Choa adviced.
 
-Seolhyun's POV-
 
My members and I spent few hours practicing the new choreography for our upcoming comeback before we had a short break. I took a look at my phone and saw a message from an unknown number. I opened it and read the message. 
 
"Ahhhh!!!!", I shrieked.
 
"What's wrong? What happened Seolhyun?", all of them asked worriedly as they surrounded me.
 
"Ah.. Nothing. I'm sorry for being too loud hehe", I apologized. 
 
"Then why did you scream so loud while looking at your phone?", Jimin asked as she tried to snatch the phone away from me.
 
"Eonnie!!", I shouted in panic.
 
"Hey Seolhyun-ssi annyeong.. I'm Kyle.. Decided to drop you a text message after you told me just now that I could do so anytime as I had your number. So I just had to confirm if it was really the right number haha... Well.. Thanks for that.. And take care while working :)", Jimin eonnie read the message from my phone out loud.
 
The practice room started to get chaotic with the members screaming, teasing and bombarding me with questions.
 
"Yaaaaa Jimin eonnie!!!!", I went to Jimin eonnie and snatched my phone back while my face had already turned really red from embarrassment. I looked at her and pouted.
 
"This Mr Kyle-ssi is that guy you met on the hallway just now isn't it? Waaaaa Kim Seolhyun you are now keeping secrets from us huhhh. Not even telling us anything about this", Jimin poked fun at me.
 
"Err.. It wasn't anywhere near something that's why I didn't let anyone of you know yet.. Let's continue with practice okay?", I pulled Hyejeong eonnie who was sitting down on the floor up.
 
"Kyle-ssi is Mr Hallway just now which is also Mr Found Handphone.. Ahh.. Something must have happened on that day you collected your phone right? How did he get your number? Don't tell me you actually gave it to him first?", Hyejeong eonnie then teased.
 
"Ahhhh eonnie... Stop teasing me already...", I begged them.
 
"Okay okay.. His looks and style actually fits your ideal type though", she continued.
 
"Ahhhh... Eonnieeee not again", I started sulking.
 
"Hahaha alright girls enough fun. Let's get back to practice. This song is perfect for our dearest Seolhyuniee", Jimin eonnie told the girls as she teased me for the last time.
 
I pouted like a baby and all of us got back to practice.
 
***
-Kyle's POV-
 
I woke up early to get ready for interview this morning at FNC Entertainment. I reached there and got my interview done. As I got out of the door of Staff Recruitment Department, I saw a girl who looked like Seolhyun. I tried my luck to see if it was really her as I walked up and greeted.
 
"Seolhyun-ssi, hello", I smiled.
 
"Hi... What are you doing here?", she looked really surprised when she saw me that she stuttered while answering me. 
 
Why do I find her so cute. Oh my. I gotta stop dreaming.
 
I eventually managed to freeze my mind away for a moment and replied her, "I came for an interview. How about you?".
 
"Oh... I'm working for this company.."
 
When she told me she worked for this company, I was totally overjoyed. I was badly hoping I would get accepted here. Producing music for her and her group would be so amazing. Many thoughts shoot through my mind within that short minute.
 
Just then a girl came out of the door just a little ahead calling out for Seolhyun. I guess it must have been her member. 
 
She bid me goodbye in a rush but something she said caught my attention. She said, "You can drop me a text or call anytime since you've got my number the other time right?". This had confirmed the thought I had all these while which I felt was so ridiculous. Those numbers is really her numbers and she gave it to me. What have I been thinking these past week that I didn't even try texting that number knowing it is a Korean mobile number. She must have waited for my message right? Hmm.. Anyways, I was glad as that had shown that she would like to keep in contact with me. 
 
I left the company and headed home. Thinking she might be busy at the company, I decided to drop her a message a few hours later.
 
I lay down on my bed tossing and turning around waiting for her reply. But even until one and a half hour later I didn't received any.
 
Did I got a wrong signal from her earlier on? I pondered and sighed.
 
Just then my phone rang with the sound of message notification.
 
"Hey Kyle-ssi.. Sorry for the late reply. I was busy with practice earlier.. You're right.. This is me Seolhyunie haha :) I will take care.. You too.. How did the interview went just now? I wish you all the best. Hopefully you'll get hired so that we can see each other often keke.."
 
I jumped out of bed as I read her message.
 
Wow did she just said that she hoped I'd get the job so that we could see each other often? Wow this is so surreal. Or am I reading too much into this? Whatever it is, damn it I am actually texting with AOA's Seolhyun. Wow. I hit jackpot I thought.
 
"Ah it's okay. If you're busy you don't have to reply.. The interview went well. Thanks by the way. Do you really want me to get hired in FNC so that we could see each other often or so that you can see me often? Kekeke. Anyway hey you can call me Kyle without the -ssi. I'm fine with that. Or you can call me Kyle oppa too keke :p You're busy right.. I shall not hinder your work. Take really good care Seolhyunie. Hwaiting! :D", I replied as I danced around in my room.
 
-Seolhyun's POV-
 
I ended practice earlier than the members as I had to go for drama filming. While on my way to the filming location, I replied Kyle whom had dropped me a text just now.
 
"Hey Kyle-ssi.. Sorry for the late reply. I was busy with practice earlier.. You're right.. This is me Seolhyunie haha :) I will take care.. You too.. How did the interview went just now? I wish you all the best. Hopefully you'll get hired so that we can see each other often keke..", I clicked the send button.
 
Shortly after, Kyle responded and what he said made me really shy. Was I too straightforward in my last message, I thought.
 
"Ah it's okay. If you're busy you don't have to reply.. The interview went well. Thanks by the way. Do you really want me to get hired in FNC so that we could see each other often or so that you can see me often? Kekeke. Anyway hey you can call me Kyle without the -ssi. I'm fine with that. Or you can call me Kyle oppa too keke :p You're busy right.. I shall not hinder your work. Take really good care Seolhyunie. Hwaiting! :D", he said this.
 
"Ahhh... What are you saying oppa.... Of course it's because WE can see each other often.. As in we could be working together... You know.. It's okay for now as I'm on my way to the filming site.. We can still continue to talk.. :)", I actually tried to cook up and excuse so that it'll not sound obvious that I'm actually really interested in him.
 
The way he message, the way he speak, the way he behave is so polite and thorough. I think I'm halfway through falling for him for real.
 
We continued communicating through text until I reached and had to prepare for filming. 
 
____________________________________________
Sorry for the update at night as I actually fell asleep while typing the story at the start haha. Hopefully it's interesting enough for my readers. Thanks for more subscriptions. Enjoy :)