Chapter Six

Like a dream

For a week now Seolhyun and Kyle had been regularly texting each other and sometimes they talked on the phone when she's having free time.

 
-Kyle's POV-
 
I woke up in the morning as usual and washed myself. I went out for my daily routine of morning exercise. It has always been a habit for me to try and keep fit.
 
After having exercise, I went home for a bath as I was drenched with sweat. After I was done and got changed, I checked my phone and saw a message from an unknown number. 
 
"Hi Mr Kyle Kim Tae Joon, you have been accepted by our company to join us as a music producer. We will drop you an email and give you a call shortly for further details", the message from FNC Entertainment's recruitment side said.
 
"Woohoooo!!", I shouted. 
 
"Mum I'm hired!!", I ran out to look for my mum and gave her a hug.
 
"That's a good news, son. Do well. When are you starting work?", she pat my head.
 
"They will drop me an email and give me a call shortly to give me more details later"
 
"Alright. I will cook a feast for our family today to celebrate the good news"
 
"Thanks mum. I love you", I kissed my mum on her cheeks.
 
I went back to my room and was about to tell Seolhyun about it but ended up not doing so. I thought it would be great if I could give her a surprise. 
 
I rested in my room while waiting for the call from FNC. Not too long later, my phone rang and it was the staff. She gave me more information and told me to report to work next week.
 
***
Things have been going smoothly between them. Despite a short span of time knowing each other, they got along really well. The night before Kyle's first day of work, he texted Seolhyun.
 
"Seolhyuniee, hello :) How have you been today?Still busy with your drama filming? Have you eaten your dinner?"
 
"Umm filming just ended not too long ago. I'm currently on my way back to the dorm. Just feeling a bit exhausted from the busy schedules. Our AOA comeback and drama filming schedules are overlapping that's why.. But anyways I had my dinner on set just now. How about you oppa? Did you get hired yet?"
 
"Ahh.. It must be hard on you.. You gotta eat your meals on time and get plenty of rest alright? Don't overwork yourself. If you're feeling unwell please see a doctor. Or you can tell me. I can be your doctor keke. Just joking. I'll be your personal bodyguard and bring you to the doctor :) Ahh.. I didn't receive any calls yet from them. Either the process is really taking a long time or probably my demos and work aren't up to their standard I guess. So how's your schedule like tomorrow? Will you come to the company for practice?", Kyle lied a little and tried to scoop some information. He wanted to know if he will get to see her there on his first day.
 
"Thanks oppa I will. I still have my manager to bring me to the doctor. You don't have to trouble yourself hehe. Ahh oppa don't think like that. I believe you'll get hired soon :) Umm yeah, tomorrow morning I'll be there with the members for practice. Afternoon I'll have to go filming for drama again"
 
"But if nobody else is available, I'll be here ready on standby for you okay? So Seolhyuniee you don't have to worry, just a call and I'll teleport to you keke :p Have you reached home? If yes, hurry wash up and go to sleep. You need plenty of rest :)"
 
"Are you some sort of superhero oppa? How come you can do teleportation keke. I just finished washing up and am now on my bed ready for sleep :)"
 
-Seolhyun's POV-
 
My life has been busy with schedules. At night just now, Kyle texted me. We chatted for awhile on Kakao Talk while I'm on the way back home. 
 
Kyle has always been showing his concern for me daily, making me feel some strength to continue working hard. He seemed like a really reliable oppa. Something about him just really made me feel good.
 
I reached back to my dorm and quickly washed up. I went into my room and jumped into bed. I was feeling really tired already. 
 
I was about to reply Kyle with a goodnight message when he called.
 
"Umm oppa what's up?", I asked, worried at the sudden call whether did anything happened to him.
 
"Ahh.. No no, nothing happened. It's just that I wanted to hear your voice before I go to sleep too. It's been a few days since I last heard your voice.."
 
I froze for a bit upon hearing his words. I felt shy and my body felt hot out of a sudden. 
 
"Seolhyuniee..? Did you fell asleep?", he asked.
 
"Ahh.. Sorry oppa, what did you say..?", I stuttered, pretending not to hear what he said.
 
"Erm nothing.. I just said that I missed you and your voice that's all.. Alright now that I've heard them, goodnight Seolhyun-ah. Have a good sleep"
 
I did not know how should I respond Kyle. Should I tell him too how much I missed and wanted to see him again? 
 
"Uhh.. Goodnight oppa..", I wished him and kept quiet, waiting for him to hang up first. I felt sleepy already but could not bear to click the end button.
 
"Why aren't you hanging up after saying goodnight Seolhyun-ah? Hang up first.. You need to sleep..", he said in a really soft voice.
 
"Umm.. Okay... I'm hanging up now then...", I braced myself and dropped the call.
 
I took my phone and went to his chat to look at his display picture before I eventually went to sleep. 
 
"I miss you. Let's meet again when I have free time, Kyle oppa..", I muttered as I looked at his face.
 
**
Morning came and all of us woke up and get ready to go for practice. 
 
"Were you talking on the phone last night? Or were you talking to yourself Seolhyun-ah?", Hyejeong asked me.
 
As we were sharing the same room, she might have heard me last night. I was already talking really softly though. 
 
Still I just told her the truth since we are really close and I thought that I should just share everything with her. 
 
We talked for a bit as we get to the company. We reached and started practicing. 
 
After around an hour or so, someone opened the door and came in. 
 
"Girls, let me introduce you to one of our new family member. He is Mr Kyle Kim who will be working with us as a music producer here. Oh and also regarding your new album, he will also be taking a part in some of the songs", the staff said.
 
I looked at Kyle with a surprised look and he just gave me that cheeky smile. Now that I think about it, it was a little bit suspicious that he asked me if I will be coming to the company today. I wondered if he planned to surprised me. I gave him a sulky look, hinting to him that I am a little bit mad at him for not telling me earlier. 
 
"Hello, I'm Kyle Kim. You can call me Kyle. Hope we will have fun working together. Please take care of me", he said to us.
 
We greeted him back and he left with the staff. The moment they left the room, the girls started to make a commotion. 
 
"Ya Seolhyun-ah your prince charming is actually gonna be working in the same company as us. And even gonna take part in some of our songs in this album. Omo! Really daebak! It must be fate Seolhyun-ah", Jimin eonnie exclaimed.
 
I tried to control my emotions and kept fanning myself to decrease the temperature of my body which was feeling hot from embarrassment.
 
"Ahh.. What are you saying eonnie.. You are making me feel really embarrassed here.."
 
"Jimin eonnie's right. Your chance is here right on your doorstep. Make full use of it but make sure you don't get caught and make sure that it won't affect you nor will it tire you further that you won't have enough rest as you are already having busy schedules", Hyejeong eonnie winked.
 
"Ahhhh don't know don't know.. Seolhyuniee don't know...", I did aegyo to them out of panic.
 
"Cute.. You're really cute. Definitely Mr Kyle Kim will like you", Choa eonnie echoed.
 
____________________________________________
I'm running out of ideas suddenly 😭 may god bless me to continue this story without a hitch 🙏🏻